Votes: 15 8.5%
  • Relationship Articles

Votes: 20 11.3%
  • Behavoiral articles

Votes: 46 26.0%

• Total voters

amitrandive

Good Lessons from Movies

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/productivity/10-movies-you-need-watch-more-successful.html

1. Fight Club: Materialism And Detachment

”You are not your job. You are not how much you have in the bank. You are not the contents of your wallet. You are not your khakis. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.” – Tyler Durden

According to Tyler Durden: Fight Club is about freeing yourself from the shackles of modern life, which imprisons and emasculates you. By being willing to give and receive pain and risk death.

2. Pumping Iron: Self-Belief And Assertion

Pumping Iron is not just a movie for body builders. No. Pumping Iron is a movie for those who would like to capture the power of self-belief and assertion in action.

Arnold Schwarzenegger shares his mindset, attitude, and personal beliefs in this documentary classic. And will no doubt leave you inspired when you watch it.

3. The Secret: Positive Attitude

“Instead of focusing on the world’s problems, give your attention and energy to trust, love, abundance, education and peace” – The Secret

The Secret, is a movie based on The Law Of Attraction. (Also available as a paperback book). Whilst many are skeptical about the Law Of Attraction, the movie does, however, portray a very positive philosophy for life.

The film has one primary aim: To help you lead a better life by changing your mental attitude. So for anyone who is looking for inspiration and motivation, The Secret is a movie that does just that.

4. The Social Network: Entitlement

”A guy who makes a nice chair doesn’t owe money to everyone who has ever built a chair.” – The Social Network

Everyone should be familiar with The Social Network movie, and the success of Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg.

The Social Network is a movie that will inspire anyone to feel deserving of success, whilst also showing some of the drawbacks that being successful can have with the creation of backstabbing and legal rows.

5. Yes Man: Opportunity

”YES! Say it a million times. Then say it a million more. And the word you will have said two million times is…” – Yes Man

Yes Man, is a fun movie that anyone can appreciate. Jim Carrey plays Carl Allen, who lives and average and unfulfilled life.

He finds himself at a self-help seminar called ‘Yes’, and soon, his life makes an interesting shift. This movie will have you thinking about all the opportunities you may have missed by saying ‘no’ to things.

6. Limitless: Getting Things Done

”I wasn’t high. I wasn’t wired. Just clear. I knew what I needed to do and how to do it.” – Limitless

Bradley Cooper plays procrastinating writer, Eddie Morra. One day Eddie finds his life take an immediate shift when introduced to a new drug.

One can’t help to watch this film, and want to get in on the narcotic action. However, instead of using a drug, this film will enlighten you, and get you thinking about all the things you could be doing with your life.

This is a movie that will certainly arouse you to take some action, and produce results with your life.

7. The Wolf Of Wall Street: Drive And Prosperity

”Let me tell you something. There’s no nobility in poverty. I’ve been a poor man, and I’ve been a rich man. And I choose rich every ******* time.” – The Wolf Of Wall Street

Based on the true story of Jordan Belfort, The Wolf Of Wall Street is a film that demonstrates some of the things money can buy, and what it cant.

One can’t help to watch this film and feel empowered by DiCapprio’s performance. The Wolf Of Wall Street is a film that will make you revaluate your current life, and have you aiming for the finer things.

8. The Words: Own Your Work

”At some point, you have to choose between life and fiction. The two are very close, but they never actually touch.” – The Words

Another movie featuring Bradley Cooper, playing a struggling writer. The Words demonstrates how success can be a difficult, and provoke you to give up, or in these cases, copy someone else.

This movie will certainly inspire you to take charge of you work, and to do the best you can with what you have

9. In Pursuit Of Happyness: Never Giving Up

”Hey. Don’t ever let somebody tell you… You can’t do something. Not even me. All right? You got a dream… You gotta protect it. People can’t do something’ themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want something’, go get it. Period.” – In Pursuit Of Happyness

In Pursuit Of Happyness is beautiful film that will almost leave you in tears. Will Smith plays, salesman Chris Gardner who encounters a great financial struggle, becoming homeless.

This film will demonstrate why you should never give up on yourself, and to not allow circumstances to destroy your dreams.

10. Good Will Hunting: Competence

”You think I know the first thing about how hard your life has been, how you feel, who you are, because I read Oliver Twist? Does that encapsulate you? Personally… I don’t give a **** about all that, because you know what, I can’t learn anything from you, I can’t read in some ****ing’ book. Unless you want to talk about you, who you are. Then I’m fascinated. I’m in. But you don’t want to do that do you sport? You’re terrified of what you might say. Your move, chief.” – Good Will Hunting

Good Will Hunting is a touching film, containing great conversations between characters Will Hunting (Matt Damon) and Sean Maguire (Robin Williams).

For anyone who has a talent, and does not believe themselves worthy of success. This film will certainly inspire you, and prove you competent.

amitrandive

How to Stay Productive Working From Home

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/235907

Working from home can be convenient to employees and help companies save money, but it’s not the right fit for every worker. Distractions are plentiful when you are home, and often it’s only the most disciplined who can remain productive and efficient.

“Working from home should be considered dangerous and could be a disaster when you consider the potential impact on your quality of life,” . “The level of discipline it takes to work from home and generate solid results is intense and most people fail at home because of this one fact.”

If your idea of working from home involves wearing pajamas and juggling personal and work responsibilities at the same time, it’s time to reshape your priorities. Follow these five tips to effectively manage work and life as a remote worker.

1. Have a Separate Office Space

Just because you don’t have to go into an office and sit behind a desk everyday doesn’t mean you can stay in bed or in front of the TV with your laptop trying to complete your work.

Career experts recommend setting up a specific office area in the home so you can “go to work” and not be distracted by dirty dishes, a crying child or a favorite TV show.

“Where your workspace is makes a big difference,” says Sara Sutton Fell, CEO of FlexJobs and a at-home worker for nearly 10 years. “When my second son was born, I realized it was really important for me to get more separation, so I moved my office to a space above our detached garage rather than in the house.”

2. Set Clear Boundaries

Having a dedicated work space is half the battle, but you also need to set rules about who and what can enter your office.

“Create very strict boundaries where there are no dogs, kids or spouses allowed,”. “The door needs to remain shut with only those that have top clearance allowed access.”

The work space should also be void of distractions. For instance, forgo putting a TV in your office or checking Facebook five times a day.

3. Keep Regular Work Hours and Prepare

Maintaining normal office hours can help maintain productivity.

According to Joel Garfinkle, author of Getting Ahead: Three Steps to Take Your Career to the Next Level, not only should you strictly abide by your work hours, you should make sure your family and friends also respect the rules.

“Your family and friends need to pretend you simply aren't there, unless it's a dire emergency,” says Garfinkle. “Remind your family of these hours and let them know you expect them to respect your work time so that you won’t have to work when you should be spending with them.”

In addition to setting the hours, career experts say it’s a good idea not to work all day in your pajamas. Keep your normal preparation routine, take a shower and get dressed, even if your commute is just down the hall.

“People brag about working from home in their underwear, but that is no way to grow a successful business,” says Cardone. “Have a set time, wake up, shower, and get dressed just as you would if you were commuting to a professional office space and you will be more productive.”

4. Change Your Mindset

Avoiding a long commute and having more flexibility over your schedule are enticing results of working from home, but there’s more to it than these perks.

“The main motivation of convenience or comfort, which most people who work from home have, is flawed,” says Cardone. Yes, it’s more convenient to not have to go to an office every day, but remote workers can’t view it as an excuse to slack off.

While self-starters are better suited for working at home, according to Sutton Fell, she says being a proactive communicator is the “secret weapon” to being successful.

“By taking initiative to communicate, you have a motivated and leading role in the connection with your colleagues’ activities and keeping them abreast of what you’re achieving and keeping on the pulse on everyone’s expectations.”

5. Know When to Throw in the Towel

If your productivity is declining or it’s difficult to balance work and life, then it may be time to re-evaluate your work situation.

Perhaps you need more interaction with co-workers or bosses or maybe being at home is too distracting, but it’s important to be honest, says Garfinkle.

“It’s OK that you’re not well-suited for working from home,” says Garfinkle. “There’s nothing wrong with that.”

amitrandive

Richard Branson Quotes
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...s?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

On entrepreneurship
"Entrepreneurship is about turning what excites you in life into capital, so that you can do more of it and move forward with it."

On human interaction

"When I was young, every time I criticized someone, my mother would stand me in front of the mirror and say: 'The flaws you see in others are actually a reflection of yourself.' That taught me to pay close attention when I looked at others.

"[My parents] also taught me to listen and value other people's advice and opinions. So I have always applied this in business and tried to be a good leader and bring out the best in people by listening to them, trusting in them, believing in them, respecting them and letting them have a go!"

On purpose
"A business is simply an idea to make other people's lives better."

On what work should be like
"I believe that drudgery and clock-watching are a terrible betrayal of that universal, inborn entrepreneurial spirit."

On where the Virgin name comes from

"One night, I was chatting with a group of 16-year-old girls over a few drinks about a name for the record store ... A bunch of ideas were bounced around, then, as we were all new to business, someone suggested Virgin. It smacked of new and fresh and at the time the word was still slightly risque, so, thinking it would be an attention-grabber, we went with it."

On getting permission

"At first I wasn't even allowed to register the business name because the word virgin was thought to be rude. I had to sit down and, in my best 15-year-old penmanship, write a letter to the registry office that began, 'Surely the word virgin is anything but rude; it's the opposite of rude.' They eventually relented."

On why he does it
"When I started Virgin from a basement in west London, there was no great plan or strategy. I didn't set out to build a business empire ... For me, building a business is all about doing something to be proud of, bringing talented people together and creating something that's going to make a real difference to other people's lives."

On keeping it real
"This may sound like a truism ... But it has to be said: It takes an engaged, motivated and committed workforce to deliver a first-class product or service and build a successful, sustainable enterprise."

On why you should actually talk to people
"The quality of business communications has become poorer in recent years as people avoid phone calls and face-to-face meetings, I can only assume, in some misguided quest for efficiency."

On being the boss
"Perhaps, therefore, it is odd that if there is any one phrase that is guaranteed to set me off it's when someone says to me, 'Okay, fine. You're the boss!' What irks me is that in 90% of such instances what that person is really saying is, 'Okay, then, I don't agree with you, but I'll roll over and do it because you're telling me to. But if it doesn't work out I'll be the first to remind everyone that it wasn't my idea.'"

On clarity

"I can't speak for other people but dyslexia shaped my — and Virgin's — communication style. From the beginning, Virgin used clear, ordinary language. If I could quickly understand a campaign concept, it was good to go. If something can't be explained off the back of an envelope, it's rubbish."

On taking care of people
"If you look for the best in your employees, they'll flourish. If you criticize or look for the worst, they'll shrivel up. We all need lots of watering."

On parties
"Over the years, the parties have got bigger and bigger, but the theme is the same: glorious irresponsibility for the night."

On doing good
"We need a new way of doing business to get out of the present crisis ... Absolute greed has come close to bankrupting the world. Thanks to the crisis that certain businesses have dumped on everyone a lot of people are going to suffer on a global scale. All of us must learn. It is all the more important that those business leaders that are left standing try to be a force for good."

On a new mindset

"We need a new mindset to make capitalism an acceptable force in the world. If businesses are purely about profit and amassing bonuses, screwing people and the world in the process, then they will not be around for long, and don't deserve to be.

"But if they start to be a force for good, I genuinely think we could get on top of most of the problems of the world. And people will have a lot of fun. It is just such a satisfying way of doing things."

On adventure
"I have always looked on my businesses not just as money-making machines, but as adventures that can, I hope, make people better off."

On sustainability
"It started with a phone call from Al Gore while I was in the bath. He wanted to show me 'An Inconvenient Truth,' and his poignant and elegant reduction of these issues really struck a chord with myself as an interested non-expert. Tim Flannery's book, 'The Weather Makers,' also had a pronounced effect on me.

"As a big buyer of fuel for our transport businesses, I am very aware of the damage that oil and its greenhouse gas emissions is doing to the environment and the climate system in particular. At Virgin we have been investing the profits from our transport businesses into the research and development of sustainable fuels and other sources of renewable energy."

On disruption
"At Virgin we enjoy shaking up market sectors which, until Virgin comes along, are generally controlled by a few major corporations and it is always the consumer who loses out; we like to get in there and change that."

On finding game changers
"A game-changing idea is something that really stands out: It is not easy to start a company and to survive and thrive in the modern world ... If you create something that everybody who works for you is really proud of then you know you're on to a game changer."

On branding
"The Virgin brand is not a product like Coca-Cola or Famous Grouse whisky; it's an attitude and a way of life to many. That attitude is about giving customers a better time and better value in a fun way that embraces life and seeks to give the customers something new."

On curiosity
"I'm inquisitive; I love learning about new things. So, you know, we have ended up with sort of 300 or 400 companies, but we've become a sort of way-of-life brand. ... People think of Virgin — if they hear that Virgin's going into a new area, they know that the quality will be good, that we'll do it in a fun way, that we'll give good value for money. And so it gives us a leg up when we go into a new venture. People already [trust] us, and they'll give us a try and, generally speaking, people seem to like what they find."

Trader J

सही समय की प्रतीक्षा करने का धैर्य और जो सामने आये उससे निराश ना होने का साहस हमारा सबसे कठिन परिक्षण हैं ।

Waiting for the right time to be patient and don't let him who dared to come before we are the most difficult test