A Moving Average Trading System

C

CreditViolet

Hmmm im3vil-Moving Average is a lagging indicator i wholeheartedly agree but is there any indicator that is not lagging.

About the system,the system is sound but the signals will be generated too late imo.For short term systems i say the parameters can be reduced from three ma to two with one ma acting as a stop loss level.Then i can go on and on about that.So i think the system is quite ok in its entirety.

TradersEdge said:
It is not necessary to change the MA for volatile stocks like Infosys, Satyam, etc.

This is a robust trading system and works well with volatile stocks also.

See attached daily chart of Infosys with trading signals of 3x13=39 trading system.
Is it possible in the Metastock to set the MA Settings of 3-13-39 by default so that the same parameters are applicable to all securities at one time instead of setting the same for each security seperately ? If yes , HOW ?
PLEASE REPLY.

Traderji

Super Moderator
purvija99 said:
Is it possible in the Metastock to set the MA Settings of 3-13-39 by default so that the same parameters are applicable to all securities at one time instead of setting the same for each security seperately ? If yes , HOW ?
PLEASE REPLY.
You can set this by using the templates in MetaStock. You can read more of this in the help menu of MetaStock.

Can we use EMA 3,13,39 or WMA 3,13,39... Which one will give more reliable results for day trading and swing trading (5min, 1h and 1d chart)?

Any backtest results comparison with Dawn Bolton-Smith's famous SMA 5,15,30 system?
http://www.marketmasters.com.au/articles/dawnboltonsmith.php

Can we use this 3,13,39 system to trade ForEx?

:)

A

amarnath

IMHO = In my humble opinion

I use MA as filter rather than cross over . Beacuse following cross over system with MA is not a best a way to follow trend but to about a End