A Moving Average Trading System

amarnath said:
IMHO = In my humble opinion

I use MA as filter rather than cross over . Beacuse following cross over system with MA is not a best a way to follow trend but to about a End

Thank you amarnath.

Will you pl give more details regarding buying and selling signals/systems you use after using MA as filter, for our guidance.

Thanks

A

amarnath

Hi kgsirasangi,

For my trading ( forex and metals ) i use my own system with custom indicators .

Regarding MA i found LWMA with shift 2 , Applied to Typical price ( HLCC )/4 produce less lag and more effective to filter price action and some noise . Hope it helps :)

A

amarnath

Hi all,

And trading is so easy as of left side with a simple cross over system then every body here will be atleast millionare .

A

amarnath

kgsirasangi said:
Thank you amarnath.

Will you pl give more details regarding buying and selling signals/systems you use after using MA as filter, for our guidance.

Thanks
Also Always remember ,

Indicators follow price not price need to follow Indicators .

Simple system'sexist but not as easy system .

Key to sucess is money managment with a average system > 60% +ve signals NOT a Holy grail Indicators

A

amarnath

And a word of caution .

when you trade with a MACO systems . Don't try to over optimize with past data to find best tweak it may looks good at past data but may fail over future directions beacuse past data dont have market noise were as when market unfolds it moves with noise

amarnath said:
Hi kgsirasangi,

For my trading ( forex and metals ) i use my own system with custom indicators .

Regarding MA i found LWMA with shift 2 , Applied to Typical price ( HLCC )/4 produce less lag and more effective to filter price action and some noise . Hope it helps :)
While I thank you for your reply,
I would request you to explain 'LWMA withshift 2', 'Applied to Typical price(HLCC)/4' , and if possible, with one chart.
Thanks

A

amarnath

Hi all,

LWMA = Linear weighted Moving Average

Shift = Indicator applied with horizantally or vertically with 2%

+2% is +ve shift and -2% is negative shift

Typical price = High + low + Close + close /4 , were usually by default indicators are applied to closing price of current bar :)

BTW can you guide me how to upload chart on this site . If you still have questions i will try to upload my screen.

A

amarnath

Hi all,

In last post mentioned a wrong link here is correct link to my charts . If have further question's i will try to explain . click here