15 min. Breakout - tradingisfishing

VJAY

oops,

selection of stock is important criterion.
Also his cap with MM also important ....looking his loss must have capital of 10 lac with 1% risk in each trade ...then its not a big loss :D

pannet1

Also his cap with MM also important ....looking his loss must have capital of 10 lac with 1% risk in each trade ...then its not a big loss :D
i never traded 15M, because the time window is very less for equity cash .... got good success with 1:1 reward ratio when trading 5M breakout .. with no directional bias ... always get stopped out on winning trades when trailing ... otherwise ...

if i had a deep pocket .. want to play on bullish stocks and take delivery if intraday fails .... then snowball the next day if still in loss with futures ... increase lot size or trades aggressively till my 1st trade is profitable. do whatever it takes ... BUY / SELL options, futures, cash .. all of the same underlying ....

i never traded 15M, because the time window is very less for equity cash .... got good success with 1:1 reward ratio when trading 5M breakout .. with no directional bias ... always get stopped out on winning trades when trailing ... otherwise ...

if i had a deep pocket .. want to play on bullish stocks and take delivery if intraday fails .... then snowball the next day if still in loss with futures ... increase lot size or trades aggressively till my 1st trade is profitable. do whatever it takes ... BUY / SELL options, futures, cash .. all of the same underlying ....
bro, why not take the small loss and move on to the next trade in some other stock, according to our trading method or system ?
what you have mentioned above, appears to be a case of revenge trading to me. Trying to convert a loss trade into a win trade, by any method possible. Why so much of attachment with a particular specific trade...

I am sorry if my interpretation is wrong. Just making a general observation based on the highlighted comments.

Thanks and regards

pannet1

bro, why not take the small loss and move on to the next trade in some other stock, according to our trading method or system ?
what you have mentioned above, appears to be a case of revenge trading to me. Trying to convert a loss trade into a win trade, by any method possible. Why so much of attachment with a particular specific trade...

I am sorry if my interpretation is wrong. Just making a general observation based on the highlighted comments.

Thanks and regards
that's is the regular school of thought. the proposal is just a different way ... thats all .

every market has its own unique CAN'T DO.

with equity cash .. you

CANT sell today and buy tomorrow
CANT extend the battle beyond 3:30 P.M.
CANT have overnight position with intraday leverage

so the market is structured around the CANTs .... the odds get dramatically shifted in your favour if you could change the CANTs into CANs ... atleast artificially ...

an average to better trader ... makes small loss and small gains .....
a newbie ... makes big losses and small gains ....
only very few elite traders makes big gains and small losses ..

a typical scenerio .. we buy on a breakout .......stock goes little up and then trades below our entry point ......(or) till it hits our SL.
the next day its gaps up .... what the hell ..

if we use very little of our account size to trade ..... do you really worry so much.

just some thoughts ..