1 lakh to 652 lakhs in 497 trading days - Winning 20% of Trade in NIFTY Futures - Bac

Whether the latest MTP v2.2 tool is useful?

• YES. The tool helps to take safe positions using FLOW and Renko Charts

Votes: 26 92.9%
  • NO. The tool is not useful

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SexyTrader

Re: 1 lakh to 652 lakhs in 497 trading days - Winning 20% of Trade in NIFTY Futures -

Can you explain simple defination of INSTINCTS and is there any way we can learn as well.
I just go with the flow is what I mean by INSTINCTS :thumb:

The exact feeling of doing it right....but you know the strategy will work....thats how I do it.

SexyTrader

Re: 1 lakh to 652 lakhs in 497 trading days - Winning 20% of Trade in NIFTY Futures -

Some people have the basic instinct or talent for something. That is a gift. But you seem to be bored or frustrated which does not seem to be a good sign for successful trading. Actually the experts say that Trading is boring. So if you feel bored you must be a successful trader. But still Frustration seems to be sounding negative.

If you have natural instincts for trading it is fine but if you have chose instints due to frustration then please explain the reasons for your frustration
Oh...I didnt mean I'm bored/frustrated with trades :p

I meant I got bored with TA/FA jargon hence got back to my original method of trading with NATURAL INSTINCTS :thumb:

healthraj

Those of you who used the Stock Screener, please let me know if it is useful. I tried the NR7 stocks like HDFCBANK, BAJAJ-AUTO, Jindal steel Ranbaxy but did not get any great result...

Thanks to Timepass for the Idea on Stock Screener. Hopefully should be able to better this tool in the coming days with your suggestions. Also let me know if there are any better ways and parameters to screen a stock

Those of you who used the Stock Screener, please let me know if it is useful. I tried the NR7 stocks like HDFCBANK, BAJAJ-AUTO, Jindal steel Ranbaxy but did not get any great result...

Thanks to Timepass for the Idea on Stock Screener. Hopefully should be able to better this tool in the coming days with your suggestions. Also let me know if there are any better ways and parameters to screen a stock
Forgot to mention that Please use the Stock Screener after 6 pm. Otherwise you will not get today's data.
Exactly :D :D.

1) Basically it's updating ok, but I have doubts about the calculation of Parabolic SAR. If the signal is "Buy" then the SAR should be below LTP, shouldn't it ?

2) IMP : Is it possible to have a partial list (as in the Raj MTP30.xlsm) ?? I mean, define something like "My List", maybe in a separate worksheet. I may only want to follow the scrips which are very liquid in options space :D; or maybe sectorwise, maybe news based wise.. etc.

3) Is it possible to separate the "Updation" and "Re-calculation". Suppose I want to see the signals using different combinations of MAs. First I check using 3-15, then maybe I want to see using 3-13, and then maybe 5-20. Everytime it will go to nseindia and carry out the updation procedure and use a lot of time.

Are you storing the data in those hidden columns ??

Updated for the day.

1) Apparently, for Nifty and Banknifty, it is updating the spot values, not futures.

2) Parabolic SAR is giving values too far off. Is it possible to define the parameters for PSAR ?? Usually I have seen 20,0.02. I don't understand how it works, but it provides a good guideline :).

3) The "Last Close" column should be next to the scrip name (Column D).

4) The last close values - are these the adjusted values or LTP ?

healthraj

1) Basically it's updating ok, but I have doubts about the calculation of Parabolic SAR. If the signal is "Buy" then the SAR should be below LTP, shouldn't it ?

YES. I am new to this PSAR calculation. I checked one sample. Will explain the logic. For the PSAR the Average TRUE Range of the past 7 days is used. Let us say the ATR7 is 20 and Today's LTP is 5700. Then for a LONG call the PSAR = 5700- 3 * ATR7 = 5700 - 60 = 5640. For a SHORT Call it would be. 5700+ 3 * ATR7 = 5760. Since on Friday we had a short circuit in NIFTY and the NIFTY Stocks, the PSAR Seems to be far ahead, Otherwise it should be fine

2) IMP : Is it possible to have a partial list (as in the Raj MTP30.xlsm) ?? I mean, define something like "My List", maybe in a separate worksheet. I may only want to follow the scrips which are very liquid in options space :D; or maybe sectorwise, maybe news based wise.. etc.

You can edit the list. I have allowed a max of 190 scrips. But you can edit and keep it to minimum

3) Is it possible to separate the "Updation" and "Re-calculation". Suppose I want to see the signals using different combinations of MAs. First I check using 3-15, then maybe I want to see using 3-13, and then maybe 5-20. Everytime it will go to nseindia and carry out the updation procedure and use a lot of time.

I had initially stored the data locally. But since it was taking only 5 minutes for 150 stocks, I had removed the local storage. So everytime you update it would fetch from Google Finance and not NSE India. The Local storage and retrieval for 150+ stocks was taking more time :)

1) Apparently, for Nifty and Banknifty, it is updating the spot values, not futures.

I think you wanted SPOT and so I have used the SPOT Data from Google Finance and not the Futures data from NSEIndia

2) Parabolic SAR is giving values too far off. Is it possible to define the parameters for PSAR ?? Usually I have seen 20,0.02. I don't understand how it works, but it provides a good guideline :).

If somebody can explain how to calculate the PSAR I can implement

3) The "Last Close" column should be next to the scrip name (Column D).

OK. Should not be an issue

4) The last close values - are these the adjusted values or LTP ?

From Google Finance we don't get Adjusted values. We only get LTP

healthraj

Please detail how to use this in live trading
Sholay this is a EOD Stock screener for you to select the stocks for the next day. For the Intraday anyway you have the MTP Tool. You can use the tool to screen the stocks and Select the stocks for trading the next day...

Now I don't know how one will select a stock based on the EMA Crossover... I think it would need further filtering... Regarding NR7, I think it is a straightforward.

I have not implemented any Filtering logic because I think everyone might have their own logic to filter

1) Spot data is great :)

2) There is some discrepancy in the LTP in the screener and on NSE. This may be due to the data source. The discrepancy is mostly minor, but sometimes quite wide (ABB).

So, is it possible to source the data from NSE? The difference, however minor, will affect the other calculations too.

4) How to add other scrips ? Just type the NSE symbol ? I would also like some other sectoral indices.

3) I will look up PSAR and revert.