1 lakh to 652 lakhs in 497 trading days - Winning 20% of Trade in NIFTY Futures - Bac

Whether the latest MTP v2.2 tool is useful?

• YES. The tool helps to take safe positions using FLOW and Renko Charts

Votes: 26 92.9%
  • NO. The tool is not useful

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

healthraj

Re: 1 lakh to 652 lakhs in 497 trading days - Winning 20% of Trade in NIFTY Futures -

Hello Raj.

1) This version is quite stable and updates well.

2) There are many EOD traders too. Many of these don't have any sort of stock screener or use softwares like Amibroker. Excel being almost universally available, an Excel based system will be very useful to them. Can I interest you in developing an xls for EOD stock screening.
Conceptually it is basically trading a Higher timeframe.

So I have modified the code as follows.

Instead of 5 min Candles - download 30 min candles
Trade with with 1 hour,2 hour, 3 hour time frame candles taking perspective from 1 hour, 2 hours,3 hours, Daily or Weekly timeframe.

All the rest remains same as the MTP tool.

I will upload the tool by this weekend.

So what a EOD Trader needs to do is update the tool EOD, Take the Signal as to whether it is long or Short and put the trade in the next morning.

The Trader can check the status of the Trade every 30 minutes during the day because he/she is using only 30 minute candles.

I have not tried this but concceptually it should work....

Let me know if any of the experts who are using my MTP version has any suggestions or feedback so that I can fine tune tool.

I will call this the OTP (One Trade Per-Day) version 1.0

Re: 1 lakh to 652 lakhs in 497 trading days - Winning 20% of Trade in NIFTY Futures -

Conceptually it is basically trading a Higher timeframe.

So I have modified the code as follows.

Instead of 5 min Candles - download 30 min candles
Trade with with 1 hour,2 hour, 3 hour time frame candles taking perspective from 1 hour, 2 hours,3 hours, Daily or Weekly timeframe.

All the rest remains same as the MTP tool.

I will upload the tool by this weekend.

So what a EOD Trader needs to do is update the tool EOD, Take the Signal as to whether it is long or Short and put the trade in the next morning.

The Trader can check the status of the Trade every 30 minutes during the day because he/she is using only 30 minute candles.

I have not tried this but concceptually it should work....

Let me know if any of the experts who are using my MTP version has any suggestions or feedback so that I can fine tune tool.

I will call this the OTP (One Trade Per-Day) version 1.0
using the same tool for intraday as well as higher time frames is a great idea and I'll look forward to it.

Now, what did I have in mind ? Well, a lot of traders use moving averages systems. Most of them use a crossover of 2 averages (EMA3-EMA15, 20-50, 5-20, 3-13-39 etc..), some use a third average as a modification. Rarely there may be a fourth one (Quadra strategy here on TJ). We will leave Darryl Guppy's moving averages system out of this because he uses 13-14 moving averages.

I had something like the following in mind. It's a very rough idea. Basically a spreadsheet that helps with the moving averages system. Of course using futures would be ideal, but F&O has only 214 scrips (anyway, around 200). Even then they keep shuffling the list. So, maybe a spot price based system, with Parabolic SAR defining the reversal point.

healthraj

Stock Screener for 150+ stocks using the current tool is not so performing. So I need to find a simple method. I will try and post a version in the coming days.

I found a way of downloading the Futures data from NSEIndia. So the levels would be in Futures price... Would like to include the following
- Buy/Sell Signals/Levels based on Daily Flow
- Buy/Sell Signals/Levels based on the EMA3/EMA15 crossing
- Buy/Sell based on NR7 Indicator

Stock Screener for 150+ stocks using the current tool is not so performing. So I need to find a simple method. I will try and post a version in the coming days.

I found a way of downloading the Futures data from NSEIndia. So the levels would be in Futures price... Would like to include the following
- Buy/Sell Signals/Levels based on Daily Flow
- Buy/Sell Signals/Levels based on the EMA3/EMA15 crossing
- Buy/Sell based on NR7 Indicator
Good idea.

But I would still recommend starting out with :

1) A moving averages based system (because it still remains one of the most followed system. Almost any system incorporates the use of some moving average or the other.

2) Preferably 3 moving averages, though initially 2 will do.

3) User definable moving averages. This is because different people use different moving averages. 3-15 is very popular on this forum, but many other combinations are widely in use.

4) Choice between exponential & simple moving averages. I know that generally exponential moving averages are used but people may prefer SMA for the slower moving average.

5) Initially based on the SPOT price, because it will cover a much much broader spectrum of scrips which an EOD trader will appreciate. F&O are usually for the momentum traders.

6) A reversal point (parabolic SAR being the standard) for guidance.

3 & 4 above will increase the flexibility of the system manifold, with very little further programming effort.

Hi Raj,

The 5 mins renko chart shows Apr, May on time scale,? Is it a bug or am I making a mistake? I have attached the chart.
Also the "Flow" is also disabled, are you working on this?
Thank you again for your work. :thumb:
Regards,
Chidan

Last edited:

healthraj

RAJ NSE STOCK SCREENER V1.0 BETA

Please find below the link for RAJ Stock Screener v1.0 Beta.

The tool will scan a max of 190+ stocks in NSE.
The tool took 5 minutes to scan all the 157 stocks listed in NSE Futures.

I have provided three options for Stock Selections
- FLOW - As I am a fan of Flow, I have provided the levels for FLOW

EMA - Based on two Averages. Defaulted to 3 and 15. You can change to your comfort - On Request from Timepass

NR7 - Have heard about this in this forum... So included the NR7 also. I have also included a column called BR7. BR7 (Broad Range in last 7 days) is the opposite of NR7. My assumption is when it is good to trade after a NR7 day, I suppose it would NOT be good to trade after a BR7 day :)

Parabolic SAR is calculated based on the Average True Range 7.

Since the EMA is a lagging indicator you can see that the EMA signal is still BUY for most of the stocks even though market corrected 120+ points... You can see the FLOW signal as SELL for the most of the stocks... Just pulling the legs of those who use EMA...

Please upgrade to Excel 2007.
I will also update the 2003 version but I have not tested the version in 2003.

NOTE: The EOD Values are downloaded from Google Finance and so the prices are SPOT values

2007 Version
http://www.4shared.com/zip/xTu1fUT_/RAJ_Stock_Screener_v10_BETA.html

2003 Version
http://www.4shared.com/zip/wrVaSGqP/RAJ_Stock_Screener_v10_BETA_20.html

Last edited:

Relish

RAJ NSE STOCK SCREENER V1.0 BETA

Please find below the link for RAJ Stock Screener v1.0 Beta.

The tool will scan a max of 190+ stocks in NSE.
The tool took 5 minutes to scan all the 157 stocks listed in NSE Futures.

I have provided three options for Stock Selections
- FLOW - As I am a fan of Flow, I have provided the levels for FLOW

EMA - Based on two Averages. Defaulted to 3 and 15. You can change to your comfort - On Request from Timepass

NR7 - Have heard about this in this forum... So included the NR7 also. I have also included a column called BR7. BR7 (Broad Range in last 7 days) is the opposite of NR7. My assumption is when it is good to trade after a NR7 day, I suppose it would NOT be good to trade after a BR7 day :)

Parabolic SAR is calculated based on the Average True Range 7.

Since the EMA is a lagging indicator you can see that the EMA signal is still BUY for most of the stocks even though market corrected 120+ points... You can see the FLOW signal as SELL for the most of the stocks... Just pulling the legs of those who use EMA...

Please upgrade to Excel 2007.
I will also update the 2003 version but I have not tested the version in 2003.

NOTE: The EOD Values are downloaded from Google Finance and so the prices are SPOT values

2007 Version
http://www.4shared.com/zip/xTu1fUT_/RAJ_Stock_Screener_v10_BETA.html

2003 Version
http://www.4shared.com/zip/wrVaSGqP/RAJ_Stock_Screener_v10_BETA_20.html
One sheet 157 stocks; no need to go other sheets! great. I will test it, but need to learn few new technical words ( for me).

SexyTrader

This is a good thread :thumb:

But if you ask me, I rather go by INSTINCTS than all that technical jargon :) I tried that technical route and got so bored/frustrated :D

Go by INSTINCTS and it does not usually fail me :thumb: Cannot say about others though!

prabhsingh

But if you ask me, I rather go by INSTINCTS than all that technical jargon :) I tried that technical route and got so bored/frustrated :D

Go by INSTINCTS and it does not usually fail me :thumb: Cannot say about others though!
Can you explain simple defination of INSTINCTS and is there any way we can learn as well.

healthraj

Some people have the basic instinct or talent for something. That is a gift. But you seem to be bored or frustrated which does not seem to be a good sign for successful trading. Actually the experts say that Trading is boring. So if you feel bored you must be a successful trader. But still Frustration seems to be sounding negative.

If you have natural instincts for trading it is fine but if you have chose instints due to frustration then please explain the reasons for your frustration