Why this noise?

AMITBE

jaideep said:
Yes Amit, "Remember the Alamo". For all their guts & glory stand Davy Crocket, Jim Bowie et al got cut down by Santa Fe, albeit with their guns blazing. Maybe there's a lesson in this for all of us as to how to cope with our current market scenario. Just maybe.
Yes Jaideep...couldn't supress the big smile at remembering these words from my distant past.
More recently, on a visit there I picked up a beautifully written and printed brochure...a documentry of the battle and an obituary to the heros of it.
Yes truly said of the markets today.
My regards.

AMITBE said:
Yes Jaideep...couldn't supress the big smile at remembering these words from my distant past.
More recently, on a visit there I picked up a beautifully written and printed brochure...a documentry of the battle and an obituary to the heros of it.
Yes truly said of the markets today.
My regards.
Did you say distant past? You're not that ancient are you? ;) All I can say are two things; lucky you visiting THE ALAMO and I continue to be amazed by your versatility Amit.

Keep your good work & regards.

AMITBE

jaideep said:
Did you say distant past? You're not that ancient are you? ;) All I can say are two things; lucky you visiting THE ALAMO and I continue to be amazed by your versatility Amit.

Keep your good work & regards.
Thanks Jaideep...and I by yours.
Your posts are always special and I do look forward to them always. :)

comerciante_inde said:
More than the negative numbers it is actually the noise which has caused the panic today.

>>> Looking into a slightly more detail in Nifty F&O, some very positive signals are obvious there. It is just that we need to sit and think rationally and not to let being carried away by doomsday stories..

Good Luck
Just curious but what are these positive signs?

Thanks

arprtrd said:
Just curious but what are these positive signs?

Thanks

Apolgies for missing this and the delay in replying.

Though I don't have the precise numbers now, what I meant were factors like,
> FII flows into equity derivatives.
> Changes in open interest and put call ratio at every 10 basis point fall in the underlying.
> Patterns of the above against the movement of the underlying and the accompanying volumes.

Hope it answers your query atleast in part.

The key point here is that if these indicators were any different, it would have aided the downside in which case the fall would have been more draconian.....that is by what the numbers imply..... of course not if govt's LIC/UTI and the wolves are willing otherwise.

Good Luck