What kind of specific trading topics do you think are not discussed in TJ?

TradeJoker

I think thers nothing we didnt talk/learn about trading in TJ, but a move like y'day, forced us to think we need to sharpen the skill more to catch that extra point :)

Dan

I request you to start something very simple as positional Naked Calls and Puts on NSE stock options ,which should consider time decay into effect.
Hi

Some more clarification is needed on your request as may one or two post plus an existing thread could do the job you ask for:

As you mention "Time decay" I guess you have selling options in mind? Do you even mean any specific named option strategy like "Short Calendars" and so on, or do you just look out for some thing like: "Sold here one leg and stock is up"?

Did you already trade what you ask for by your self?

Do you know dear "Munde_77"? http://www.traderji.com/search.php?searchid=20973424 Not sure if any of his threads may serve already what you are looking for.

Let me know and I will see how to move on / Dan :)

amitrandive

Hi

Some more clarification is needed on your request as may one or two post plus an existing thread could do the job you ask for:

As you mention "Time decay" I guess you have selling options in mind? Do you even mean any specific named option strategy like "Short Calendars" and so on, or do you just look out for some thing like: "Sold here one leg and stock is up"?

Did you already trade what you ask for by your self?

Do you know dear "Munde_77"? http://www.traderji.com/search.php?searchid=20973424 Not sure if any of his threads may serve already what you are looking for.

Let me know and I will see how to move on / Dan :)

Just as an example attached Daily chart of Rcom.We can see that it is in a continuous downtrend.If I just keep buying naked puts , their value may start depreciating near expiry.

Now question is how to play only naked options, i.e in this case only put.Or should be a mixture of naked call and put both.

So how to implement a swing trade in Rcom?

No have tried only naked calls and put , that is why the request.
:D

http://chartink.com/stocks/RCOM.html

Just as an example attached Daily chart of Rcom.We can see that it is in a continuous downtrend. If I just keep buying naked puts , their value may start depreciating near expiry.

--I do not get your point. Sorry. What speaks against buying naked puts in such a down trend moving script even near expiry? You even show here that your are able to take such trades: http://www.traderji.com/general-tra...368-general-trading-chat-933.html#post1067184 . If I missed the point, kindly point it out. If you feel the risk is to high on such kind of options, you just change to the next month series, so your live time of the options has just 30 days moved up. Means, you give the market more time to do what you think it could do and time will less nag on your option premium in case it get out of the itm.

Now question is how to play only naked options, i.e in this case only put. Or should be a mixture of naked call and put both.

--Still not clear. Do we talk about short puts? If so, why you want to short puts in a possible on going down trend? With this question you already point to the next one which is:

So how to implement a swing trade in Rcom?

--Swing trade with naked short options or long naked options? And what time frame you have in your mind for those swing trades?

No have tried only naked calls and put , that is why the request.
:D
Answers, quotes and questions are in blue. Dan :)

amitrandive

Answers, quotes and questions are in blue. Dan :)
If I missed the point, kindly point it out. If you feel the risk is to high on such kind of options, you just change to the next month series, so your live time of the options has just 30 days moved up. Means, you give the market more time to do what you think it could do and time will less nag on your option premium in case it get out of the itm.
Thanks Dan
You covered my answers in this.
:clapping:

Thanks Dan
You covered my answers in this.
:clapping:
Your are welcome. :)

Any more questions? Just ask and I will see what can be done. But be very precisely with the question/s in case it is about options, as the topic is huge.

Take care / Dan :)