What is ODIN?

Hello all,

I have been researching options for real-time data feeds, and have come across a lot of references to utilities that fetch/extract real time data from ODIN. Could someone enlighten me on what ODIN means? I'm asking because I've looked around a lot on the internet for an explanation, but haven't been able to find one.

From what I've read, it seems like some brokers have 'ODIN servers' that host real-time data. Am I correct in understanding this? If so, can I, using one of these utilities, obtain real-time data from any of these brokers' ODIN servers, even if I have no relationship with the respective brokers? Or do these just let one obtain data from one's own broker?

As you've probably figured out from my questions, I'm fairly new to trading, and would much appreciate a helping hand.

Thank you very much in advance!

Varun

Thanks, gsalvadi, for the links. From the literature on these pages, it seems to me that ODIN is a comprehensive system that enables a brokerage to interface with the exchanges and manage its clients' accounts. So, I'm inclined to think that I'd be able to use an ODIN fetcher to obtain data from a brokerage's ODIN system only if I'm a client of that brokerage. Am I correct? I'd appreciate clarification.

Varun

NOMINDTR

Thanks, gsalvadi, for the links. From the literature on these pages, it seems to me that ODIN is a comprehensive system that enables a brokerage to interface with the exchanges and manage its clients' accounts. So, I'm inclined to think that I'd be able to use an ODIN fetcher to obtain data from a brokerage's ODIN system only if I'm a client of that brokerage. Am I correct? I'd appreciate clarification.

Varun
If you are a client of a broking firm who gives you ODIN version application to trade, then you are right.