Web Site hosting

gkpc

Need guidance for hosting a web site.

Who provide the best service with office in India?
What should one look for in comparing the Domain name service providers?

Also where to understand more about domain name extensions? Did Google it but got overload of info, got confused.

My basic question is : If I have a domain name registered in name : gkpc.com then can any one else Register gkpc.in or gkpc.biz etc. etc. If yes how can we avoid getting the same name registered by others with different extension? Ofcourse, one can Register him/herself all extensions but any other way round?

Godaddy & Hostgator are good hosting sites. The thing to look for with a hosting company is minimum downtime. You can read the reviews online. Godaddy has 24 / 7 support and customer care is trained well. I don't have experience with Hostgator, but it is also a renowned name.

bunt

Need guidance for hosting a web site.

Who provide the best service with office in India?
What should one look for in comparing the Domain name service providers?

Also where to understand more about domain name extensions? Did Google it but got overload of info, got confused.

My basic question is : If I have a domain name registered in name : gkpc.com then can any one else Register gkpc.in or gkpc.biz etc. etc. If yes how can we avoid getting the same name registered by others with different extension? Ofcourse, one can Register him/herself all extensions but any other way round?
things to compare the domain name providers:
+ cost of domain
+ renewal cost of domain
+ free services offered with domain name like emails,hosting for 1-2 months etc..

given that you have registered gkpc.com, then yes any one can register other Tld's (.in,.co.in,biz,info..etc).. if you want to stop happening so then you have following options:
1. register all the available extension (Mostly big companies do that)
2. get your domain name copyrighted, by doing so no one can take other extention, if they do send a legal notice and have the domain name for free :)

I have been using fatcow.com for 2 years now, they give the domain free of cost and the uptime is really great. Very economical and if you know what to do its one of the better and stable hosts