Vipasana Meditation And Mr Goenka- Possible Cure For Insomnia And Other Mental Ail

sh50

I will reiterate. In a forum of shares, we must share what we need to share.

I did Vipasana meditation at the recommendation of a psychiatrist because of a chronic insomnia problem. It is a ten day course and is totally free of cost although afterwords, one can donate what one likes. It is a technique introduced by Gautama Buddha 2000 years ago. On the first three days one has to observe ones breath but on the fourth day onwards one has to try to see the sensations equanomously. If a pleasant sensation comes one should not be over enamored by it and if an unpleasant sensation comes one should not be overawed by it. This actually enables one to be equanomous. On the seventh day, I could feel a current surging through my body. It was almost like superconductivity. Superconductivity in layman terms implies flow of electricity without any resistance and one of the applications of that is the trains of Germany and Japan that fly at 500 miles an hour. Well, I felt totally dry cleaned from inside and they did claim in the beginning that it was a surgical operation of the mind. That solved my 15 year insomnia problem and today I sometimes find it difficult to believe that I can sleep well without allopathic medicines which I could never take beyond three four days . Considering that nothing- homeopathy, Ayurved , Naturopathy worked, it was quite a handsome performance.
I can vouch for the fact that among the ten odd meditations that I tried though it is a subjective issue. Vipasana is undoubtedly the best among them in my view and an outstanding example of a good reactive spiritual technology (RST). The person behind it, an industrialist called Mr Goenka himself suffered from chronic migraine and tried all over the world for ten years without success. Vipasana did in ten days what other medical methods could not do in ten years. This is not to suggest the inefficacy of other methods because that is a subjective thing but to show Vipasana as an alternative. There was an article in one of Indias best magazines, Intelligent Investor where again Vipasana was referred to as the best cure for insomnia.

I have seen people from all religions in that forum and though Vipasana is run voluntarily, there is no dearth of people to support it and well deservedly the movement is spreading.

Traderji

Super Moderator
Re: Vipasana Meditation And Mr Goenka- Possible Cure For Insomnia And Other Mental

Thanks sh50,

Can you point out any particular website that list the meditation and or exercises?

sh50

I think there is a site called Vipasana.org or something like that. You will get it if you type in google. The main Ashram is near Igatpuri near Bombay.

There won't be any point doing it like this. It is different from conventional meditations. You have to go to the Ashram, eat their Satvik food, not talk to anybody except the instructor for nine days-only then it has the required effect. They don't allow you to come out once you get in- its like a fortress, a jail but there is a method in the madness.

It is like congestion period or sideways market . Your current trend or life has to come a temporary stop. However if you mange to persist for 9 days(13-14hours of meditation a day), there will definitely be a "brakeout" followed by a runaway gap without any exhaustion gap if you continue doing it at home.

RSI would be the superconductivity example I have explained above which you will experience in the last 2-3 days before the breakout. You will feel like a momentum oscillator with all the electic effect.

Traderji

Super Moderator
Re: Vipasana Meditation And Mr Goenka- Possible Cure For Insomnia And Other Mental

sh50 said:
I think there is a site called Vipasana.org or something like that. You will get it if you type in google. The main Ashram is near Igatpuri near Bombay.

There won't be any point doing it like this. It is different from conventional meditations. You have to go to the Ashram, eat their Satvik food, not talk to anybody except the instructor for nine days-only then it has the required effect. They don't allow you to come out once you get in- its like a fortress, a jail but there is a method in the madness.

It is like congestion period or sideways market . Your current trend or life has to come a temporary stop. However if you mange to persist for 9 days(13-14hours of meditation a day), there will definitely be a "brakeout" followed by a runaway gap without any exhaustion gap if you continue doing it at home.

RSI would be the superconductivity example I have explained above which you will experience in the last 2-3 days before the breakout. You will feel like a momentum oscillator with all the electic effect.

Excellent comparism. I think TA and the stock market is slowly being ingrained into you! :)

sh50

There is actually an analogy between the share market and life. The most dangerous thing in the share market is false optimism. That is how it is in real life also where all these motivation gurus who conduct workshops try to convey that just by positive thinking( the way they present it is blind optimism), you can win and all that psuedo motivation stuff.

During Harshad Mehta's time, somebody not willing to share his shares told me that he was an incurable optimist and the market would go up further. I replied back that he was not an incurable optimist but his optimism needed to be cured and sure enough the market fell drastically. Even in the Seminar, the guy said that people had a tendency to form opinions without studying the charts properly.

Last edited: