Trading System Junkyard

V

vvvv

Hi... sorry I put my foot in this thread unknowingly....
I am a pro in software ..but a novice in trading .. I am putting what I understand... If it does not makes sense .. please ignore.

What is a system:
A system is a predefined process which can be executed without the need of decision making on the fly.
Hence once designed can be given to other people who can just routinely execute it, without getting blamed for the losses..:)

Lets take two environmental condition trending and non-trending. (there might be other conditions also)

In trending market Saint's system will work wonders.

But for non-trending markets, we need another system (I am still searching for one, though I think Asishda's method will work here.... ).

Here we need a decision making layer which can decide, which system to use based on reading patterns/signals.

Example : few days back Saint said, avoid suzlon.. Now here he is himself the decision making layer. Saint is looking at the charts and deciding if the system will work or not.

I was suggesting, another layer which will keep on looking at charts and gives a go ahead to use the trending or non-trending system.
saints system can also be interpreted in a different way.the last pivot highs & lows also act as imp support & resist levels.thts why he is buying above the pivot high i think.
pls see attached chart of acc from JAN. there is no trend but u have the last pivots acting as support & resistances.check out the candles at the top pivots.the beauty of saints system is tht u look at the pivots & instantly identify ur nearest support & resistance levels.the pivot point system was always there.but his explanation has opened up another window thru which u can view charts.u can easily do sum swinging betwen the last top & bottom pivots.
can u create a mechanical system on tht.maybe u can but wud any1 share tht??? dont know

Last edited by a moderator:

dhakkan

saints system can also be interpreted in a different way.the last pivot highs & lows also act as imp support & resist levels.thts why he is buying above the pivot high i think.
pls see attached chart of acc from JAN. there is no trend but u have the last pivots acting as support & resistances.check out the candles at the top pivots.the beauty of saints system is tht u look at the pivots & instantly identify ur nearest support & resistance levels.the pivot point system was always there.but his explanation has opened up another window thru which u can view charts.u can easily do sum swinging betwen the last top & bottom pivots.
can u create a mechanical system on tht.maybe u can but wud any1 share tht??? dont know
vvvv,
Thanks for clarifying ... this looks great...

I am still learning my way though AmiBroker... once I am able to understand how it works... will send you what I could manage to code... :)

dhakkan

all theory and no practical, i am looking forward atleast for some system even if junk ,
Buy if
like SMA(15) > SMA(25)
SMA(25) > SMA(50)
Have you seen this ...<http://www.amibroker.com/library/detail.php?id=724> .. its not a system...but its funny...can possibly be junk...:D ... its somewhat similar to what you are saying ....