Trading Diary - Using MACD, ADX for September Series

akhill

Nifty trying hard to survive 5270 support. Should look at the closing number to arrive at a probability for future trend. QE3 awaited tonight.

prst

one thing is you hav to compare macd signals in different timeframes to arrive at a confirmation (to be precise: probability) prior to the actual confirmation.
purely looking at the macd signal lines is too lagging.
most of the times when crossover happens, half the trend is over and it may not last much longer either.
i suggest u look at macd histogram for divergences.

akhill

purely looking at the macd signal lines is too lagging.
most of the times when crossover happens, half the trend is over and it may not last much longer either.
i suggest u look at macd histogram for divergences.
well thats what i do.

Moreover,i do even consider the value of difference between consecutive histogram bars also to arrive at a probability of a trend prior to actual confirmation. That way,i am in sync with the trend prior to the trend occurance (though there is a risk of failure sometimes). Apart from that ADX is another good leading indicator. The combination, when implied effectively can give us more accuracy of the trend.

akhill

Was just going through my ledger balance right from the day i started trading (April 23, 2012).

Till now, i have put in 336000 rupees into my account. :eek::eek::eek:

and payouts accounted to 221300 rupees.

Best part is, out of the 221300, 187000 has been only in the month of july last week to August, which shows i am improving as a trader from the month of August.

Honestly, July and August were the months where i started spending hours and days looking at various strategies that suit me, spent hours backtesting and it is only from then i traded with confidence, plan, strategy and a strong desire to win the market. And july - august witnessed payin of only 67000. :clap::clap:

This month i have to break even and start getting into profits.. over confidence took over me a couple of times in the past and i suffered because of that. Gotta be cautious this time.

One thing i would say is - Jai ho Traderji :clap::clap::thumb: