The MA (Moving Average) cannot be too hot or too cold; it needs to be just right.

Dear RPS Vinod,
i have a suggestion here. i have a setup which i am using for crude. you can easily get 10 to 20 points daily. setup is below,
Use EMA 34 and EMA 89. use MACD for confirmation. 89 EMA is stoploss and 34 EMA is trade execution. Do only intraday crude100BBL.
I suggest first you do paper trade on 2 weeks. if you are getting better results, please go ahead and do one lot trade.

I have a question for you. How you are getting time based graph? which indicator are you using for this?

rpsvinod

Dear RPS Vinod,
i have a suggestion here. i have a setup which i am using for crude. you can easily get 10 to 20 points daily. setup is below,
Use EMA 34 and EMA 89. use MACD for confirmation. 89 EMA is stoploss and 34 EMA is trade execution. Do only intraday crude100BBL.
I suggest first you do paper trade on 2 weeks. if you are getting better results, please go ahead and do one lot trade.

I have a question for you. How you are getting time based graph? which indicator are you using for this?
Hi Thanks for ur suggesstion.Can u brief it by chart on what TF to be follow?
bTW Time based Chart..from some other thread.going on TJ.no more idea about it?:confused:

VINOD. RPS

Hi Thanks for ur suggesstion.Can u brief it by chart on what TF to be follow?
bTW Time based Chart..from some other thread.going on TJ.no more idea about it?:confused:

VINOD. RPS
Do trading only after 1-2 hour after market opening. As my experience, there are lots of wrong signals in this time.

Green is 34 EMA and Orange is 89 EMA. take buy position if a full candle above 34. confirm with MACD. take sell position if full candle below 89 EMA.
For Buy 89 as SL and for sell 34 as SL.

Set a TGT of 10 points. So there will not be much risk involved in this. One will get 10 points easily.

the below chart is 12-March-2015 Crude 100BBL

the below chart is 11-March-2015 Crude 100BBL

Suggestions welcome.

Last edited:

jagankris

Dear RPS Vinod,

Dear Sintona,

Just a suggestion.You are using MA for trend and MACD for momentum.It is perfect.
MACD settings you are suggesting is leading

let me know your opinion on 13EMA & 62 EMA cross over and MACD(12,26,9) which matches the timing of the crossover.
EMA crossover and MACD zero line crossover.

How to avoid the sideways zone in the setup ?

rpsvinod

Do trading only after 1-2 hour after market opening. As my experience, there are lots of wrong signals in this time.

Green is 34 EMA and Orange is 89 EMA. take buy position if a full candle above 34. confirm with MACD. take sell position if full candle below 89 EMA.
For Buy 89 as SL and for sell 34 as SL.

Set a TGT of 10 points. So there will not be much risk involved in this. One will get 10 points easily.

the below chart is 12-March-2015 Crude 100BBL

the below chart is 11-March-2015 Crude 100BBL

Suggestions welcome.
Hi sintona,
12th March

u r right..actually i m using the same Last 1yr by the name of Sonic R (Courtesy Mr.Zabeen Thread Starter of Sonic R)..when i chk ur MA Settings..surprised same as Sonic R..MA:clapping:

But MACD Part's new to me..elaborate its rules..0 line crossover concept.

VINOD.RPS

Dear Sintona,

Just a suggestion.You are using MA for trend and MACD for momentum.It is perfect.
MACD settings you are suggesting is leading

let me know your opinion on 13EMA & 62 EMA cross over and MACD(12,26,9) which matches the timing of the crossover.
EMA crossover and MACD zero line crossover.

How to avoid the sideways zone in the setup ?
Hello,
I choose 34 and 89 because both are fibonacci. i analyse these two EMA quite long back and getting very good results. 62 is not part of fibonacci. Is there any logic behind the value 62?
For identifying the trend, you can use ADX. i dont think that any other better indicator for that.