The Flow Method and Market Profile

deb99891

I use only MP, but u can try volume profile too. 15 mins is good for ur Computer with this code,below that timeframe ur comp will start slowing down.

regards.

Regards.
Hi segul
Can you code it such that it shows POC,LVA,UVA.
thanks[/QUOTE]

a readymade feature for some softwares ..........
but the most wanted thing for ami users till now...
not available in ami library also......
yes looking for it.

kkseal

:DDunno how far I can do that but will try.

regards.
At the very least you've given us something interesting to watch out for. The results would aid & influence my own development of MP (as the objective is same - to aid in trading the big moves).

Thanks & All the best for your endeavor.

Regards

ARMHM

Dear Segul,
Good initiative. BTW is anyone using P&F chart here? Recently I was experimenting with P&F plotting of NF intraday data (150 tick interval). It gives very clear indication of VA. If anyone using P&F software please share the experience.

milind

Hi segul
Can you code it such that it shows POC,LVA,UVA.
thanks

Found some pseudo code on net (Elite Trader?), shouldn't be too difficult to convert to AFL

let UFH = POC + TickSize;
let UFL = POC - TickSize;
let Cumulated Volume = 0;

while ( Cumulated Volume < 70% of total volume ) do the following Loop
{
if ( volume of UFH > volume of UFL )
Cumulated Volume = Cumulated Volume + Volume of UFH;
update UFH = UFH + Ticksize;
else
Cumulated Volume = Cumulated Volume + Volume of UFL;
update UFH = UFL - Ticksize;

} <-- the while loop will continue until accumulated volume reaches 70% of total volume

Last edited:

milind

Dear Segul,
Good initiative. BTW is anyone using P&F chart here? Recently I was experimenting with P&F plotting of NF intraday data (150 tick interval). It gives very clear indication of VA. If anyone using P&F software please share the experience.
I have been staring at P&F charts for some time, but haven't formulated a strategy yet. I first got interested in it while browsing a related thread on Elite Trader. There is some small similarity with Saint's 60m pivot flow where price levels are the primary data and Time axis is used only in exceptions viz. gaps, vertical move, and volume is not used at all.

-- Milind

AW10

I have been using Point and Figure (P&F) Chart in my weekly analysis. They are purely based on Price action.. hence they have similarity with 60m flow approach which also based on price action and breakout from pivot levels.
Strength of P&F chart comes from
a) its simplicity,
b) ability to project new trendline as soon as the trend has reversed (in other methods we need atleast 2 low/high points before drawing a TL), and
c) projection of targets as soon as breakout takes place.

This is very popular among Technical Analyst community in London. Most of the TA package only plot P&F chart and does not plot TL or project targets automatically. So user needs to work on that.

For more free info and free chart of NIFTY, chk out stockcharts DOT com and use code
$CNXN for nifty. The site also has info about how to interpret P&F.

Happy Trading.

VJAY

Hi,
Please give AFL code of AB us for use this MP.

Regards
VJAY

Ank!t007

Yes Ankit Virgin POC and not only that,many times the value area of this POC gains more importance to let us know what kind of market we are dealing with.Will try show a chart of a recent market activity in the week end.
Regards.
eagerly waiting for that :)
btw do you also give importance to single print buying and selling tails(upper and lower extreme points) ? because in your chart you have also kept those levels.

Ankit