Tell how u lost ur money.

bunti_k23

People afraid of losses .....why,a stock cant go in any one direction hence it has to correct so we cant have succesful trades in a row certainly there is some correction which we called losses

suri112000

The following is the gist of reasons how I blew my account. Hope this helps the new ones to save their skin while testing waters in trading.

1.No trading plan is the basic reason.
2.Tried to make big profit betting big. Overleveraging is the reason.
3.Had no preplanned stop losses and the trades turned into bigger losses by hoping that they may turn around. Finally closed the trades when the losses have become unbearable.
4. Due to Power failure unable to close the loosing trade. (Should have a power back up)
5. Had set no limit to losses in a day. Just carried on trading with revenge and got a bigger blows.
6. I made a profit of about 50% of account in 5 days by shorting in crashing market. This winning experience instilled a bearish mindset which disabled my view of bullish market. That is to say a biased mindset.
7. Putting on trade by impulse by chasing the markets.
8. Averaging the loosing trades.

Vertigo_1985

risk reward is all bullshit for intraday trader its only price action and timing
i have trades with 20 paise stop for 60paise to 1 rupee
its all about understanding the pulse
your opening statement itself is in contradiction to what you have said in third line, just think about what you are saying..

TraderRavi

low risk profile
yes... govt will refund to all the losers........... and stop trading in india...

then, all poors will get rich... all rich people will get poor life
yes....

market oru vattam.. inga thokkuravan jeyippan.. jeyikkuravan thoppan..
I am north indian, I speak english, hindi and punjabi.
he is saying market ko thoko, nahi to market thappad marke watt laga dega.
translation : thoppan = thappad, vattam = watt , thokkuravan = thoko.

Vertigo_1985

Every successful trader you talk to or every trading book you read will say that know the risk before you put on a trade. Everyone knows this, then why we average down or hold onto loosing trades ? Why in spite of knowing what we should do we end up doing what we shouldn't ?

oilman5

Every successful trader you talk to or every trading book you read will say that know the risk before you put on a trade. Everyone knows this, then why we average down or hold onto loosing trades ? Why in spite of knowing what we should do we end up doing what we shouldn't ?
thats human nature.