suzlon energy - hold or sell?

Mr.G

ryan4ucar

@ryan any idea on long term investing? i guess it wont make much diff and i should exit..
now no point exiting or entering , dont worry ull get higher prices , companies which usuall go to such low prices are manipulated by acquisition rumors ull get better prices even if the company financials dont improve

ryan4ucar

Go around and fundamentally analysis it, no use buying equity of a distressed company. Go for its debt if you want to speculate. You might end up with a goody bag.
debt is for old people above 60 risk should be taken by youger people but in correct stocks and sectors

Mr.G

debt is for old people above 60 risk should be taken by youger people but in correct stocks and sectors
Yaar! Debt of financially distressed securities is usually under valued, if we buy the debt at low prices we cant sell it at higher prices later on. If that doenst happen then in bankruptcy debtors get equity voting rights. 90% of the time debtors get senior securities in the new reformed organization plus little bit of equity new the new entity which can be sold later.

Do not lecture me about how to work in the markets. I am a fundamental analyst of the true sense. And bankruptcy investing is the purest form of value investing.

You would know more how business actually works if you weren't staring at charts all day and making kiddish drawings on them.

ryan4ucar

Yaar! Debt of financially distressed securities is usually under valued, if we buy the debt at low prices we cant sell it at higher prices later on. If that doenst happen then in bankruptcy debtors get equity voting rights. 90% of the time debtors get senior securities in the new reformed organization plus little bit of equity new the new entity which can be sold later.

Do not lecture me about how to work in the markets. I am a fundamental analyst of the true sense. And bankruptcy investing is the purest form of value investing.

You would know more how business actually works if you weren't staring at charts all day and making kiddish drawings on them.
as always the confused one blurts theoretical stuff... he knows all about cars ask him to drive one he wont have a clue ... are you still long your yesbank position sir? the one you trapped from 500 ...today its hit half century @250

You are saying that debt of a financially distressed company is undervalued... means you are giving a loan to a company which has all the chances of collapsing in a hope you make little money on the interest ... great fundamental analysis i must say ... no wonder people on this forum trash your trash talking which you call fundamental analysis :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Mr.G

as always the confused one blurts theoretical stuff... he knows all about cars ask him to drive one he wont have a clue ... are you still long your yesbank position sir? the one you trapped from 500 ...today its hit half century @250

You are saying that debt of a financially distressed company is undervalued... means you are giving a loan to a company which has all the chances of collapsing in a hope you make little money on the interest ... great fundamental analysis i must say ... no wonder people on this forum trash your trash talking which you call fundamental analysis :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
YESBANK? it was andhra bank, And i said after due fundamental analysis you can buy the debt of the financially distressed company, its call bankruptcy investing please google it. I have no idea if suzlon qualifies that why i said do your analysis before doing anything. Your not even getting the slightest idea of what I am trying to say. Learn how businesses work then try to debate with me. I can even quote you direct from the book "Its on Introduction to part 3 page no. 280 Subtopic Distressed Investing - J. Ezra Merkin" I DARE YOU TO CALL VALUE INVESTING TRASH.

ryan4ucar

YESBANK? it was andhra bank, And i said after due fundamental analysis you can buy the debt of the financially distressed company, its call bankruptcy investing please google it. I have no idea if suzlon qualifies that why i said do your analysis before doing anything. Your not even getting the slightest idea of what I am trying to say. Learn how businesses work then try to debate with me. I can even quote you direct from the book "Its on Introduction to part 3 page no. 280 Subtopic Distressed Investing - J. Ezra Merkin" I DARE YOU TO CALL VALUE INVESTING TRASH.
I never called value investing trash i called your fundamental talk trash talk please know the difference ... you always like to quote books i am sure as hell you wont be able to give one good example from the last few years (now having said that dont scurry to find one) ... this kind of investing is good for big funds and big companies who buy a substantial part of the company and have a say in the management , they are allotted cheap options and have the power to infuse cash in the company ....they can then manipulate the stock prices with rumors and drive it higher , price action guys like me will follow when trend changes... fudamental guys will know it after stock has jumped considerably (which will be the time to sell)...These guys make 95% money in the stock and options and not from buying the junk debt its just a catalyst for the stock to start moving... retail investers will get robbed in the open if they attempt this.

Theoretically quoting from books is one thing understanding it thoroughly and applying it real time is altogether another story ... the max interest you get buy buying debt is around 13% a year assuming fixed deposit in bank youll get around 8% you are risking principal just to make 5% , if one can time the stock company like suzlon can jump from 7 to 25 in no time giving more than 200% gains.

Its all about edge in the market not how many books you read and quote.

Umm, forgive me for asking, for I am still a newbie investor.

Why are people still investing in Suzlon?! High debt of 13k cr, consistently making losses, consistently falling stock (from 4 digit stock price to 3 to 2 and now a single digit). How can anyone expect a profit or a turn around? Am I missing something?

Mr.G

Some people are gambling for a turn around. I tried to make them understand but fools are fools no matter what you do. STAY AWAY