Stock Scanning techniques

kkseal

Srikanth
I keep stocks for many months , and this is one of my scanning methods
http://www.traderji.com/36998-post5.html

Some will advocate a diametrically opposite technique ( buy 52 week lows !) but then ... one man's meat is another's poison

Good luck to them , and hope you are wise enough to formulate your own technique, without trying to ape any of us

Cheers

AGILENT
Hi Agilent,

Your technique of buying 52 Wk high breakouts is a good, robust one. It's one of the first techniques i used. Only later i realized that relying on this alone leaves me unsure of buying anything when mkts had made a deep intermediate correction & none of the stocks would hit 52 wk highs for months. So later on i expanded the definition of 'breakout'.

As for 52 wk lows, we were just discussing in a different thread about the soundness of buying undervalued stocks with 52 wk low as a boundary condition (not a necessary one for me) & i preferred sticking to the method that the thread starter sought to explore. To me it's the undervaluation that matters not 52 wk lows.

Regards,
Kalyan.

Hi Agilent,

Your technique of buying 52 Wk high breakouts is a good, robust one. It's one of the first techniques i used. Only later i realized that relying on this alone leaves me unsure of buying anything when mkts had made a deep intermediate correction & none of the stocks would hit 52 wk highs for
Regards,
Kalyan.

Agree, Kalyan

Look at this ..

BCC Fuba starrted appearing, barely 2 weeks ago, on the 52 week high 'radar', at around Rs 10 (that's when I got into it)
http://www.traderji.com/72075-post25.html

Its now > 25 ! and Upper circuit last 2 sessions ! (I sold at 22 ... very smug that it corrected to 18 the same day ..b4 rising again)

Wonder if anyone showed interest.

Like I said earlier, this technique is a pretty useful one ... even if it comes across as contrary to common sense (one member made fun of it saying 'yeah.. buy high and sell higher' ! ... is he reading ?)

AGILENT

Your technique makes sense.

But one has to place intelligent stop loss and should be aware of market positions during teh trading hours.
Agreed ... but remember ... this is not a stock trading technique , it is a stock scanning one.

And my hit:miss ratio using this has been over 2:1 in recent years.

AGILENT

dear all , this is my first post in tradeji.com. Here i will share my experience with all forum readers. I mostly rely on Vol . RSI and Candlesticks. Rsi analysis every one knows the buy and sell zones so i will only deal with volume indicator. One should keep a close watch on the vol. chart for at least one week if one has to buy a stock. heavy volume say for 4days in a week with bulish candles is good indicator that maket has intrest in that scrip. and opposite of this has a bearish implications. Time frame one can choose according to ones choice. Aslo one should has the knowledge of morning star , eve.star , resistance a large white / black candle offers. Break above or below these white / black candles with heavey volumes is 70% right and one should act accordingly.
Thanks and happy , prosperious trading.
Subhash Bhandari
Emial:- [email protected]