Stock future positional trading ideas

SH

too late sir, how to benefit from this.

anil negi
wait for new trades...but this thread is only for positional traders based on daily charts/weekly charts. stop losses would be upto 5% in some cases so good for big capital traders only.

I was thinking of starting a new thread for swing trading in 50 stock futures included in Nifty which will be focussed on catching intraday to 5 days move but the problem is time....

Cheers
SH

wait for new trades...but this thread is only for positional traders based on daily charts/weekly charts. stop losses would be upto 5% in some cases so good for big capital traders only.

I was thinking of starting a new thread for swing trading in 50 stock futures included in Nifty which will be focussed on catching intraday to 5 days move but the problem is time....

Cheers
SH
@Tradewithhunter
People follow you. They follow you like you are the God of trading. And no matter how much you specifically ask them not to trade on your thoughts, they will. Cause I do. (Mind you.......I only follow your index analysis). And when you put out entries like......Booked loss in IOC after the market close, they will ask questions "How are we supposed to trade based on this?"
What they don't realize (.....and won't realize) is that this thread is for your benefit. And as you said, this is just a log of your trades. But they want more.....

This is a suggestion........
As you might not have enough time to update the thread on time, you could provide indicative levels as to when the profits need to be booked and where to keep the Stop Loss (if such a thing is possible). Otherwise these questions will keep on popping up.
Cheers!

Blackhole

@ tradewithhunter!

thanks for the beautifull threads like 315 effective....

can you please tell me how to manage (money management and risk management) in case of complex option strategies( like Iron condor of this month) please explain with example....

what to do when market moves against us. how to repair,limit loss and work on profit?

input from all the seniors are well appreciated. thanks

@ tradewithhunter!

thanks for the beautifull threads like 315 effective....

can you please tell me how to manage (money management and risk management) in case of complex option strategies( like Iron condor of this month) please explain with example....

what to do when market moves against us. how to repair,limit loss and work on profit?

input from all the seniors are well appreciated. thanks
I am assuming you are talking about a long iron condor here and not a short iron condor.

I actually got stuck in a long iron condor last month with nifty (not exactly iron condor but something similar) ..it was quite interesting... Nifty was trading at 7900 odd levels a couple of weeks before Oct expiry when i decided to sell 7500 PE and 8400 CE of Nov expiry pocketing around 50 points each from both options.... idea was that I expected nifty to stay in this 900 point range.. for next one month or so ..

However nifty started rallying in Oct end and within few days touched 8100 levels...this meant that while 7500 PE option was almost worthless... the 8400 CE option tripled and was trading at around 150....

The only way for me to manage the situation was to start buying nifty futures and keep shorting nifty 8300 calls (covered call) at every 100 point rise... so when nifty actually hit 8300 .. I was long 3 lot NF (8100, 8200, 8300) and short 4 lots of 8400 CE (50, 150, 196, 226 odd). The trailing stop loss for my NF longs had moved upto 8125 by that time. My plan was to hold this position until expiry unless my TSL got hit which means unwind NF longs but hold shorted calls.

So NF average at 8200 and 8400 CE average at 155.

Nifty expired at 8494 in Nov which meant I pocked 294 odd point profit in futures... 50 odd points on 7500 CE and 60 points on 8400 CE. Got 400 profit in a
600 point rally despite being wrong while opening the original position.

Iron condors would go wrong only when market trends strongly in one direction..and no trader worth its salt would ever end up in a loss in a trending market :)

Cheers
SH

Last edited:
@ Tradewithhunter

In the above post it seems you made a little typo: You made 50 odd points on the 7500 PE and not on any 7500 CE.

Take care and have a nice weekend :)

Broader markets continued to rally today and Nifty ended up at 8588 on the back of rate cut hope by RBI .....

Nifty short term trend has changed now to down (stop loss 8520), medium term trend still up (stop loss 8350) and long term trend (stop loss 8200) continues to be up.

Future positions below:

1. Hindalco Dec Future bought at 164.90 closed at 160.30 today (M2M loss Rs 9200 per lot). I had already booked 50% profits when Hindalco had hit 174.10 (Rs 18400 booked) so overall position still in profit.

2. IOC longs did not trigger so stay sidelines.

3. HDIL Dec Fut sold at 81 closed at 77.75 today (M2M profit Rs 13000 per lot). Booked 50% today at 78 (Profit Rs 12000 per lot)

4. JSWSTEEL Dec Fut sold at 1209 , closed at 1135 (M2M profit Rs 18500 per lot). 50% was already booked at 1174 (rs 8500 per lot profit)

Tatapower longs not triggered.

Cheers
SH

3 more positional shorts added today:

1. L&T : shorted at 1594
2. SAIL : shorted at 81.10
3. JUSTDIAL : shorted at 1464

Cheers
SH
Excellent close on all 3 positions opened today:

L&T closed at 1562 (M2M profit Rs 8000 per lot)
SAIL closed at 79.90 (M2M profit Rs 4800 per lot)
JUSTDIAL closed at 1426 (M2M profit Rs 4750 per lot)

Previous position update:

Hindalco : closed at 155.90 today, will exit this position tomorrow and book partial loss (M2M loss 18000 minus partial profit booked of Rs 18400 so almost breakeven).

HDIL : continues to fall and closed at 75.30 today (M2M profit 22800)

JSWSteel : continues to fall and closed at 1109 (M2M profit Rs 25000)

Cheers
SH

Last edited:
We are still in a bull market and I am holding shorts which are against the larger trend of the broader market. Therefore it is always advisable to keep booking partial profits when available and keep making positions risk free through option hedging wherever possible. Bull market corrections are known to end abruptly so traders need to remember that instead of trying to be heroes.

Therefore:

LT partial profit booked at 1523 (booked Rs 17500 profit). rest 50% still held, bought 1550 CE at 19 to lock in Rs 6000 profit minimum on rest (profit unlimited if LT keeps falling, 100% risk free position now for Dec)

Justdial booked 50% at 1408 (Rs 7000 profit booked). Rest 50% holding.

SAIL shorts still holding.

JSW Steel shorts still holding. Bought 1150 CE at 18 to look in minimum profit of Rs 10250 on rest of JSWSteel (unlimited profit if it keeps falling, 100% risk free position now for Dec).

ACC and Bajaj Auto sold calls also holding.

Cheers
SH