Simple Coding Help - No Promise.

pratapvb

It had been nice helping on this thread and sharing what I have learned about ami coding. However as a trader who cuts his losses when it appears that the decision is a wrong one, I think it is time to withdraw. Even if one does not get appreciation one does not expect brickbats for trying to help.

Thanks to all who appreciated any small help I may have been able to provide here.

Last edited:

amitrandive

It had been nice helping on this thread and sharing what I have learned about ami coding. However as a trader who cuts his losses when it appears that the decision is a wrong one, I think it is time to withdraw. Even if one does not get appreciation one does not expect brickbats for trying to help.

Thanks to all who appreciated any small help I may have been able to provide here.
pratapvb Sir

It is extremely sad if you are hurt by any comment from anyone.

I apologize on the behalf of all members.Please reconsider your decision to withdraw and keep guiding us.

We all appreciate your efforts and guidance.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

amitrandive

Hello shruti

Lets try the do it yourself approach . . .

To start with post any exploration, from your collection.

Something that would be similar to the one you need

If you can't get similar then any will do . . .

If you learn to do it for one case then it will be easy for other cases.

Happy :)
Hello Amit

All the 4 conditions are given in the post requesting the AFL . . .
Just convert line for line English to AFL :)

Code:
range = Param("ADX Periods", 10, 2, 200, 1 );
r1 = Param( "Macd Fast avg", 12, 2, 200, 1 );
r2 = Param( "Macd Slow avg", 26, 2, 200, 1 );

AddColumn(Buy, "Buy", 1.0);
AddColumn(Short, "Short",1.0);
_SECTION_END();
Happy Singh

You are right!!!
This is a much better way of asking queries and learning.Instead of just asking plain requirements,we should come up with some template ,however rough it may be and if it does not work then ask for help.

Saves time and increases learning.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Nehal_s143

Hello Amit

All the 4 conditions are given in the post requesting the AFL . . .
Just convert line for line English to AFL :)
please add below lines at end to plot signals on chart :)
Code:
PlotShapes(Buy* shapeUpArrow,colorBlue, 0,L, Offset=-45); 
PlotShapes(Short* shapeDownArrow,colorRed, 0,H, Offset=-45);
PlotShapes(Sell*shapeHollowDownArrow,colorRed,0,L,-51);
PlotShapes(Cover*shapeHollowUpArrow,colorBlue,0,H,-51);

Nehal_s143

Pratap sir, please dont withdraw, you kind support and help had been a lot to seeker like me, please dont say it was small help, ask person like me to whom your kind guidelines and never ending support was priceless

Humble request, please please keep your good noble work continue, I say sorry on behalf of fellow member who had hurt you (sorry for wrong English)

I have been playing with breadth indicators using
AddToComposite(1, "~tempSymbol", "O" );

Presently I set the watch list to run the afl manually & also delete old ~tempSymbol manually.

Is it possible to do the following actions programmatically
1) Set watchlist to run the scan.
2) Delete a symbol or delete all quotes from a symbol

I have tried CategorySetName but without much success.

regards

I have been playing with breadth indicators using
AddToComposite(1, "~tempSymbol", "O" );

Presently I set the watch list to run the afl manually & also delete old ~tempSymbol manually.

Is it possible to do the following actions programmatically
1) Set watchlist to run the scan.
2) Delete a symbol or delete all quotes from a symbol

I have tried CategorySetName but without much success.

regards
Try this . .

setup the Apply to >> filter >> to group 253

Code:
AddToComposite(1, "~tempSymbol", "O", flags = 1 + 2);
//1 resets/clears old values & 2 adds the symbol to group 253

nac

Your assumption is wrong. You can use formatChar!

for example
AddColumn( IIf( Buy, 66, 83 ), "Signal", formatChar );

https://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/addcolumn.html

Ascii table http://www.asciitable.com/ Choose codes "Dec" column
Thank you. :)
It took my small brain about 45 minutes to understand what that 66,83 means and figure out how to get everything in one single column. :fatigue:

Thank you for giving something to google to get what I wanted.

This is the one I managed to code. Yeah, it could be little better if they are coloured, but they are little beyond my brain's capability. :D

AddColumn (IIf(Buy,66,IIf(Sell,83,IIf(Short,115,IIf(Cover,99,1)))),"Signal",formatChar);

Thank you. :)
It took my small brain about 45 minutes to understand what that 66,83 means and figure out how to get everything in one single column. :fatigue:

Thank you for giving something to google to get what I wanted.

This is the one I managed to code. Yeah, it could be little better if they are coloured, but they are little beyond my brain's capability. :D

AddColumn (IIf(Buy,66,IIf(Sell,83,IIf(Short,115,IIf(Cover,99,1)))),"Signal",formatChar);
no need for extra brains etc, we just need a habit to look up Amibroker help :)

AddColumn( array, name, format = 1.2, textColor = colorDefault, bkgndColor = colorDefault, width = -1, barchart = Null )

Code:
AddColumn (IIf(Buy,66,IIf(Sell,83,IIf(Short,115,IIf(Cover,99,1)))),"Signal",formatChar,colorDefault,IIf(Buy,29,IIf(Sell,34,IIf(Short,32,IIf(Cover,21,35)))));