Simple Coding Help - No Promise.

Let me blunt to you. Quite stupid to consider that the indicator/tool will work for you all the time. There are price action, supply n demand/support n resistance come into play that you are not consider. Your eye is your system.

Can you please elaborate? I really dont know what you mean. Are you saying that I shouldnt trade by only looking at the chart? Or are you saying that amibroker cant perform what i want it to?

amitrandive

Can you please elaborate? I really dont know what you mean. Are you saying that I shouldnt trade by only looking at the chart? Or are you saying that amibroker cant perform what i want it to?
Momozo

What KelvinHand means is that you cannot have a " Holy Grail ".No Indicator works 100% all times for all markets in any conditions.A smaller time frame like 1-minute is very liable to give large number of whipsaws.

It is our duty to let go what the indicator says frequently and concentrate on more important parameters like pure price action, support-resistance,Trends in Higher Time frames.

AFL is not a magic formula which will bring the desired results every time.Or else highly successful traders would have not done all the hard work they are doing and only concentrated on making AFL's.

Let your EYE and Logic be the system , not only the AFL.Use the AFL as a guide but do not rely completely on it.Over optimizing any system messes it up.

Momozo

What KelvinHand means is that you cannot have a " Holy Grail ".No Indicator works 100% all times for all markets in any conditions.A smaller time frame like 1-minute is very liable to give large number of whipsaws.

It is our duty to let go what the indicator says frequently and concentrate on more important parameters like pure price action, support-resistance,Trends in Higher Time frames.

AFL is not a magic formula which will bring the desired results every time.Or else highly successful traders would have not done all the hard work they are doing and only concentrated on making AFL's.

Let your EYE and Logic be the system , not only the AFL.Use the AFL as a guide but do not rely completely on it.Over optimizing any system messes it up.
Thanks for the tip, Amitrandive. And I dont mean to sound rude, but... well, I didnt ask about the trade system itself, but about programming a condition for the computer to acknowledge it as a buy or a sell. I'm trying to learn AFL so I can automatize (or make it automatic, sorry for the bad english) what I do manually everyday. And, no, this is not the system that I use to trade. It is just an simple example so I can learn how to instruct the computer.

Isnt it possible to make the computer buy when the conditions I want occur in the chart?

1 - linear regression is pointing upward;
2 - prices are above the MA;
3 - prices touch the MA;

The computer cant make it? Amibroker cant make it? I didnt understand KelvinHand because I didnt know what his statement had to do with coding itself.

But if what you two mean is that amibroker cant handle these conditions well (and because of it, it shows errors in the backtest), then its just sad. :(

But thanks anyway. :thumb:

KelvinHand

Thanks for the tip, Amitrandive. And I dont mean to sound rude, but... well, I didnt ask about the trade system itself, but about programming a condition for the computer to acknowledge it as a buy or a sell. I'm trying to learn AFL so I can automatize (or make it automatic, sorry for the bad english) what I do manually everyday. And, no, this is not the system that I use to trade. It is just an simple example so I can learn how to instruct the computer.

Isnt it possible to make the computer buy when the conditions I want occur in the chart?

3 - prices touch the MA;

The computer cant make it? Amibroker cant make it? I didnt understand KelvinHand because I didnt know what his statement had to do with coding itself.

But if what you two mean is that amibroker cant handle these conditions well (and because of it, it shows errors in the backtest), then its just sad. :(

Trading is to do with human emotion, greed and fear, how to program that ?
You can do that in certain aspect only, not all.
Indicator is lagging, you had to know.

amitrandive

3 - prices touch the MA;

Momozo

I think you got what KelvinHand indicated in the sketch.AFL programming has some limitations and they cannot be completely removed.There has to be some human judgement/experience involved with trading.

I am not an expert in AFL coding , but let me tell you this that, you try and create any AFL using the best optimized parameters , there are going to be some points in time when that AFL will fail to show your desired results.

And with a time frame as low as 1 minute ,the number of whipsaws are more.I just wanted to tell you that learning AFL programming for practice is not bad ,but trying to extract the last juice of the system is bad.

Even a simple code like moving average crossover will give you different results for different time frames.Our human judgement should lie in the fact that we should observe the dominant trend and trade along with it by taking an entry on the smaller time frame.

KelvinHand

The question wasnt why the prices went up.

The question was why amibroker marked it as a buy, since it didnt fit in the buy conditions I set.
The amibroker done according to your demand. Not don't by the mass market.

You want to know why? then you need to goto that bar that fail you, _TRACE () out all the results into the log window and check back your conditions.

Last edited: