SH's trust with options - aim to make 50% or more returns per annum

Sh

Starting capital Rs. 1 lac, as on Date Rs. 106900/- return 6.9% from March to July, dont you think the gain would be more if you concentrate on stock futures or even stock options.

anil
Anil - this is just a thread to focus on option writing on index and to make 50% per annum out of it. It doesnt mean I am focussed on only option writing in real world.

Gains (or losses) will be much more in stocks or futures certainly.

Cheers
SH

Exited one lot at 308 today, loss of Rs 7000 . Second lot still held.

7500 PE shorted at 118 now trading at 60 still held.

Plan is to hedge by buying futures if nifty spot trades above 7770

Cheers
SH
Exited puts at 100 (2 lots) ..... profit Rs 1800

Exited call at 180 (1 lot) ..loss of Rs 500

Net loss = 1800-500-7000 = Rs 5700

Capital 106900-5700 = Rs 100800

Fresh positions after budget announcements.

Cheers
SH

anilnegi

SH

have you accumulate more stock in your portfolio now or waiting for more correction

anil

anilnegi

BE GREEDY....... BUT FOR KNOWLEDGE, REST ALL FOLLOWS

I really like your signature, my moto is very similar,

Be greedy for Value not for money. :thumb:
Thanks sir

i have read it somewhere, but afraid i myself does not follow it sometime, typical human nature.

anil

Einstein

I believe that because a trader have to take a very high amount of risk almost everyday every single day, traders make lots of mistakes, (which also helps them to learn) but they have to take decision which have probability of 50% winning or losing. so when things went wrong (sometimes) they change strategies simply because its human tendency to change and adapt.

to cut it short, its basic maths, no need to curse human tendencies. :) Human brain took thousands of years to learn these so called tendencies. It is impossible to master them.

Where as a long term investor only have to place his bets in 2-3 years after doing his proper homework, hence probability of winning is higher and making it easier for a poor fellow to follow his tendencies which is based on facts.

Last edited: