SH's 315 Strategy - how to use if effectively

its a SELL with a price TGT of 53.6-7 (feb contract) by end of this week!
prob is INR pairs (even usdinr) hardly follow TA. they move basis eur-usd, dollar index, equity mkts etc. also, when RBI intervenes!!
Why is it a sell ?? Today the 3 ema is 53.73, tomorrow it will be higher.

well i replied it on d basis of other TA which i follow! actually later on i came 2 knw tht d thread is dedicated to a particular strategy which has given a BUY!

moreover, on different TF & with diff TA u get to see diff trade styles!

btw my trade ws based on harmonic pattern on 15min TF!

Why is it a sell ?? Today the 3 ema is 53.73, tomorrow it will be higher.

well i replied it on d basis of other TA which i follow! actually later on i came 2 knw tht d thread is dedicated to a particular strategy which has given a BUY!

moreover, on different TF & with diff TA u get to see diff trade styles!

btw my trade ws based on harmonic pattern on 15min TF!
You can post your observations in the Canteen. Looking forward to it.

rkkarnani

has anyone tried out 315 on the weekly charts?
plz share ur experiences
Did not trade it, but extensively went through historical charts ( Nifty only) and my conclusion :
As with EOD crossovers there are whips, though number maybe less but whip sizes are BIGGER !
In December there were 4 signal on consecutive weeks giving Sell/Buy/Sell/Buy !
These could be avoided/minimised if we can apply my suggestion as in EOD to take a trade on opening of the next bar after Crossover bar with some filter. This surely delays the entry and entry levels are adverse to the original strategy advised by TWH !
But I find it comfortable.
One need to keep on Booking profits, but at what level is a dilemma ! :p
Also thought of trading this weekly crossover in Options ! But in absence of Data could not move further !
And also, maybe some other EMA cross may give better results. One can try Karthik's EOD (3,10 cross with ADX)

Last and not the least : One needs SS guts to trade a weekly chart on any strategy !

prst

Did not trade it, but extensively went through historical charts ( Nifty only) and my conclusion :
As with EOD crossovers there are whips, though number maybe less but whip sizes are BIGGER !
In December there were 4 signal on consecutive weeks giving Sell/Buy/Sell/Buy !
These could be avoided/minimised if we can apply my suggestion as in EOD to take a trade on opening of the next bar after Crossover bar with some filter. This surely delays the entry and entry levels are adverse to the original strategy advised by TWH !
But I find it comfortable.
One need to keep on Booking profits, but at what level is a dilemma ! :p
Also thought of trading this weekly crossover in Options ! But in absence of Data could not move further !
And also, maybe some other EMA cross may give better results. One can try Karthik's EOD (3,10 cross with ADX)

Last and not the least : One needs SS guts to trade a weekly chart on any strategy !
guts ki bat nahi hai ji..
guts to itna hai ki futures me bahut mar kha gaye hai .
basically i cant track daily charts on a regular basis, due to regular job, which keeps me busy.
can check them twice in a week, at most.

rkkarnani

guts ki bat nahi hai ji..
guts to itna hai ki futures me bahut mar kha gaye hai .
basically i cant track daily charts on a regular basis, due to regular job, which keeps me busy.
can check them twice in a week, at most.
Its not about you having the guts or not, its a general phenomenon in this business !

Believe me, I have been there and have seen N number of friends too... It is indeed a matter of guts...

guts to keep on holding a position in Profit ! It may seem to be easy but its usually not !

People seem to have stronger guts to hold on to the losers ! :p :D

I have seen people holding on to there loosing trades till kingdom come and exit Profitable trades in a hurry !

You can give it a try with Buying Options and even buying Next months out of money options to get the hang of it without risking much ofcourse it would depend at which weekend you get the Signal !

TraderRavi

low risk profile
guts to keep on holding a position in Profit ! It may seem to be easy but its usually not !

People seem to have stronger guts to hold on to the losers ! :p :D

I have seen people holding on to there loosing trades till kingdom come and exit Profitable trades in a hurry !
!
exactly....one friend of mine bot nifty options worth 40k in first week of august/september 2011.......and then it was down to 10-15k and then up 50k, 80k, 100k and then back..... he just watched it and booked 2-3 days before expiry @ 200k.... ......most people had either squared it in loss or breakeven or for a minor profit......who got such patience...

Thanks a lt sir!!!!!!!!!!! after losing lot of money,i used this 315 strategy and first time saw profit. once again thx a lot traderji and tradewithhunter...............