SH's 315 Strategy - how to use if effectively

Klewtar

A very interesting chart, Klewtar. It shows various facets of 315 strategy. Today the price has not touched 3EMA, so maybe risky traders can risk a contra trade (buy) today. If it doesn't touch 3EMA tomorrow (?Tuesday) then certainly a contra trade can be taken.

The yellow circles show two different places when the 3EMA moved against the trend, touched both 3 & 15 EMA on the same day, and continued in the direction of the trend.

Later whipsaws are also visible.

I have so far mostly used only the cross over for 315 to indicate what I should do in a market. I'll have to wait for Wednesday to see what the next trade ought to be???

dear klewtar,you have choose kst which is one of the best long term indicator,basically it is a substitute of macd rather then rsi,although its result look like rsi,when no extra volatility is there.but when extra volatility is there ,its result will differ from rsi.its result are consistent like break out strategy of slow and fast moving average,but still it don't have short comings of break out system like macd!!!your choice of indicator is perfect !!!
Thank you for introducing me to KST Ashwani. It was only this week that I noticed that KST could be used in addition to 315. I had thought a 30 minute time frame would be sufficient but it seems that a 60 minute time frame is more accurate when used along with 315's EOD strategy.

The commodities Zinc and Crude Oil (possibly Nickel too) seem to be worthwhile for using 315 and keeping a track of the KST's red line readings:

Instead of KST 0.00, RSI level of 56 or less could be an indicator that the bullish trend has weakened for crude oil.

Edit:

Note the readings are more accurate when a larger time frame is used (29 days as opposed to 5 days:)

While there are some benefits of using RSI 50 as an indicator of weakness in a trend (both KST and RSI are interchangeable in this regard,) KST's built in 0.00 line makes it easier to casually notice when a threshold has been reached and tends to provide earlier exits than RSI's red line readings at 50 .

Last edited:
Hi, Its really good technic to trade....I really appreciate it. Here I would like to know where would I get such free charting software in which EMA3 and EMA 15 plotting find alongwith other beneficial indicators............would you suggest me please the best free charting software......

Hi, Its really good technic to trade....I really appreciate it. Here I would like to know where would I get such free charting software in which EMA3 and EMA 15 plotting find alongwith other beneficial indicators............would you suggest me please the best free charting software......
http://www.icharts.in

anilnegi

Try finance.google.com or in.reuters.com. U will get live quotes and also EMA's as well as important indicators EKDUM FREEEE.....

I have so far mostly used only the cross over for 315 to indicate what I should do in a market. I'll have to wait for Wednesday to see what the next trade ought to be???

Thank you for introducing me to KST Ashwani. It was only this week that I noticed that KST could be used in addition to 315. I had thought a 30 minute time frame would be sufficient but it seems that a 60 minute time frame is more accurate when used along with 315's EOD strategy.

The commodities Zinc and Crude Oil (possibly Nickel too) seem to be worthwhile for using 315 and keeping a track of the KST's red line readings:

Instead of KST 0.00, RSI level of 56 or less could be an indicator that the bullish trend has weakened for crude oil.

Edit:

Note the readings are more accurate when a larger time frame is used (29 days as opposed to 5 days:)

While there are some benefits of using RSI 50 as an indicator of weakness in a trend (both KST and RSI are interchangeable in this regard,) KST's built in 0.00 line makes it easier to casually notice when a threshold has been reached and tends to provide earlier exits than RSI's red line readings at 50 .
Hi Klewtar

Can you provide your views about Reliance industries.
:)

Klewtar

@srfelix: I'll try to answer in the morning when I can think straight.

To those who are interested in the current evolution of my KST 0 line system:
I have added the EMA 15 measurement to refine the results (For further queries about my thoughts, please post the queries in the linked thread.)

While my new trading system is now a day trading system (it is more suited for commodities than the NIFTY or stocks,) it borrows heavily from a concept of SH/TWH's EOD 315 system: The use of EMA 15.

My apologies for getting the thread off topic.

Last edited:

Klewtar

@srfelix: 315 implies that Reliance is a buy. After yesterday's closing (at 15:59,) my system confirmed the same (I posted a how to guide for Reliance on the thread: http://www.traderji.com/technical-a...ined-ema-15-100-minute-charts.html#post649474, please post further queries of my system on that thread.)

In the long run, for stocks such as Reliance, 315 generates more profits for Reliance than my system (which works best with commodities such as Zinc, Crude Oil, Nickel, Copper and Lead) would.

Last edited: