SH's 315 Strategy - how to use if effectively

first price seen @open was actually around 4865 but the open price of NF got registered as 4805....even checked on nseindia.com.So i guess we gotta consider 4805as open and thus 4805 being the low todays eod candle is touching 3ema

Now this is interesting. Nifty(F) had a bad tick early in trade today while the same was not the case for Nifty(Spot). If we look at charts for Spot and Future we would find difference. Now the question is what should we follow?:confused:
My sense is that since we trade Nifty (F) we should be following the same and take any entry/exit based on formations happening on that chart.

Thoughts?

Out of the few positive crossovers which happened yesterday the crucial ones are Reliance and DLF. Suzlon gave crossover day before yesterday and gave a pretty good upmove of 4% plus in yesterday's trade. Also Silver (F) has given positive crossover after yesterday's session so it is worth keeping an eye on it.

PS : All the counters mentioned above are in Future segment

rkkarnani

Now this is interesting. Nifty(F) had a bad tick early in trade today while the same was not the case for Nifty(Spot). If we look at charts for Spot and Future we would find difference. Now the question is what should we follow?:confused:
My sense is that since we trade Nifty (F) we should be following the same and take any entry/exit based on formations happening on that chart.

Thoughts?
FT, Nifty spot would seldom show a 'bad' tick as it is based on the opening prices of 50 different Stocks, whereas it is possible in NF as it is traded as a separate entity!! Though with pre-open market mechanism in place this too has become a rare event!
I too agree with you that we should be focussed on Nifty Futres chart only!!

One simple trick for all..
and this goes very much for people using some predefined afls purchased from vendors.. The open high low and close of the first candle is very important.. for the afl to give the best results.. many a time the data vendors which proovide cheap data at around 500 rs a month do not get the exact OHL..so the afl is bound to suffer... We can edit the same in amibroker by going to Symbols and edit quote.>!

Another thing.. Do backfill EOD data of last day every morning before starting the new day.. All the erroreneous data is corrected by data providers at the end of the day and is available the next day..!!

Happy Trading..!

Out of the few positive crossovers which happened yesterday the crucial ones are Reliance and DLF. Suzlon gave crossover day before yesterday and gave a pretty good upmove of 4% plus in yesterday's trade. Also Silver (F) has given positive crossover after yesterday's session so it is worth keeping an eye on it.

PS : All the counters mentioned above are in Future segment
- Suzlon is still intact with approx 5% gains
- Though Reliance had a bad day yesterday but is still holding on to the setup
- DLF made good gains in the day but later gave it away, however the setup is still in place for DLF
- I did close my position on Silver as price has moved away from 3 EMA. Waiting for it dip back to 3 EMA and then re-enter the trade.
- Nifty (F) is also still in longs and reaping good gains so far.