SH's 315 Strategy - how to use if effectively

This is where SH mentioned that discipline is important....if we are in trade and there is a gap up tomorrow, then we know what to do....we should exit and wait for 3EMA touch....
If we have missed the entry on Friday then we can either wait for 3 ema touch to re enter or simply have the courage to wait for the next entry...

Remember there is only one thing worse than a wrong trade...its a trade entered at a wrong time / price.....

Better to protect capital than to jump in at higher price....

Hi subrat,

I think its going to be a gapup opening 2moro.... If so stay away and wait.... Or else jumpin.... 4 whipsaws already.... There is a max. Probability of just one more.... If u dont participate... You will end up just standing in the sidelines.... Scenario will always be doubtful for one reason or d other.....

Just my 2 cents....

Krishna.

rh6996

i am not here to confuse or defame 315 credibility. This is my first post regarding 13/34. I tried this system which has given me to position my trade
my intention is to give my experience to others benefit. By posting
this please tell me what did i get out of it. Let this can be healthy debate not with an ulterior motivation
finally i give my due respect to 315 and its founder
Manoharpillai, my apologies..... I did not properly word my responce. The post you have referrred to was directed at rkkarnani, an old timer here with whom i have had personal exchange of ideas in the past. Now a days he does not respond to PM's hence I posted here.
I never meant to criticise you for bringing up 13/34... all i wanted was that now that more people were interested in some tweaks in 315 trades if we could get more on it from seniors.
As rkkarnani had already posted his views about 315 tweaks but wasnt actively posting them here because he was afraid of creating a confusion so I requested him to post here again as people were interested or so it seemed to me. You took it as a critism of your post which is not my intention, and frankly I would not mince my words if I wanted to tell you not to post distracting material.
Please understand and continue to share.

Welcome to traderji....
Do have a look at a number of charts already posted in this thread!!

Thank you very much rKKarnani,

I gone through all charts in this thread, Actually i want to compare my nifty chart with senior's so i can assure myself that i m on right track of 3 and 15 EMAs.

Thanks
Trader111

i am not here to confuse or defame 315 credibility. This is my first post regarding 13/34. I tried this system which has given me to position my trade
my intention is to give my experience to others benefit. By posting
this please tell me what did i get out of it. Let this can be healthy debate not with an ulterior motivation
finally i give my due respect to 315 and its founder
Here is the illustration nifty chart if i am wrong please ignore my post

Last edited:

rkkarnani

Welcome to traderji....
Do have a look at a number of charts already posted in this thread!!

Thank you very much rKKarnani,

I gone through all charts in this thread, Actually i want to compare my nifty chart with senior's so i can assure myself that i m on right track of 3 and 15 EMAs.

Thanks
Trader111
Dear 111, If your data is correct, the charts have to be identical!! The strategy is so simple and easy to understand. To see whether or not you are on right track, list trades as per 315 in last 12 months, with 3 ema exits, rentries and adds on 15 ema touch and then check out withthe posts here to see how far you have understood the system. With a little effort one can do wonders with this strategy.... (Though I would like to use a rider) provided one is comfortable with it!! So paper trade it, trade Mini Nifty and promote yourself to actualNifty and multiple lots.. do it gradually and enjoy!!!! As in any strategy discipline is the key!!!

rkkarnani

Here is the illustration nifty chart if i am wrong please ignore my post
Hi Manohar, This is my understanding and I am not a pro as far as TA is concerned but writing more from my expirience so am prone to err. As you use higher EMA crossovers the whips will tend to decrease but you will get late entries as compared to lower EMA's You are correct that 13/34 did reduce the whips very nicely but did you notice that in last 3 months from April end (May derivative) 315 gave a short on NF on 28th April at 5785 and 13/34 gave a short in NF at 5447 on 5th May , almost morethan 338 points too late!! SO early entry compensates for the whips. I had in some earlier posts suggested some ways of reducing whips in 315, please have a look, may be of interest to you.
Every trader has his ownstyle of trading, a fewa are comfy with 315 as suggested by TWH a few dont exit and reenter on 3 ema touch some dont add on 15 ema revist etc. Find out for yourself what suits you.
Its surely a nice gesture to share what we find might be useful to others so do keep sharing.. in short please understand that most ma crossovers have their strengths and weakness one may work nice in July the other in Sep and mine in March.... we need to find one whichis most consistent.. and this has been done for us by TWH and the strength of 315 is the Exits reenteries and adds... its not just a simple strategy of going long or short on crossovers!! Replying to youalso helped me reinforce my believes in discipline.

Hi Manohar, This is my understanding and I am not a pro as far as TA is concerned but writing more from my expirience so am prone to err. As you use higher EMA crossovers the whips will tend to decrease but you will get late entries as compared to lower EMA's You are correct that 13/34 did reduce the whips very nicely but did you notice that in last 3 months from April end (May derivative) 315 gave a short on NF on 28th April at 5785 and 13/34 gave a short in NF at 5447 on 5th May , almost morethan 338 points too late!! SO early entry compensates for the whips. I had in some earlier posts suggested some ways of reducing whips in 315, please have a look, may be of interest to you.
Every trader has his ownstyle of trading, a fewa are comfy with 315 as suggested by TWH a few dont exit and reenter on 3 ema touch some dont add on 15 ema revist etc. Find out for yourself what suits you.
Its surely a nice gesture to share what we find might be useful to others so do keep sharing.. in short please understand that most ma crossovers have their strengths and weakness one may work nice in July the other in Sep and mine in March.... we need to find one whichis most consistent.. and this has been done for us by TWH and the strength of 315 is the Exits reenteries and adds... its not just a simple strategy of going long or short on crossovers!! Replying to youalso helped me reinforce my believes in discipline.
Thanks for your good observation. My entry for long trade as per 3ema cross over as i am a positional trader i give slightly higher stop loss though i fallow 15 ema i just wait till 34 ema cross over ( would be my stop loss for long positions) that worked well, i wish to compleat this discussion here other wise it will complicate 315 followers. Thank you.

rkkarnani

Thanks for your good observation. My entry for long trade as per 3ema cross over as i am a positional trader i give slightly higher stop loss though i fallow 15 ema i just wait till 34 ema cross over ( would be my stop loss for long positions) that worked well, i wish to compleat this discussion here other wise it will complicate 315 followers. Thank you.
People use a combination of 3 EMA's also , say 3,13,39.. enter when 3 crosses 13, add when 13 crosses 39.. exit all when any one ema crosses down, or exit part..... there can be N combinations... to each his own, all you need to see if it fits into your comfort zone!! Yes you are correct, let us end this discussion here!! :D Thanks for your input.

This thread maybe of interest to you, please check :

http://www.traderji.com/day-trading/55977-moving-average-method-intraday.html

Last edited: