Self Help & Misc. Instresting Stuff.

SevenD

O.k... So Vertigo knew the answer, and Rish revealed the key....

I find the.............................with a wrong key.....

The answer to the puzzle has a good life lesson as well. At times, we will be grappling with a problem and not be able to find any solution... how about if we like in the puzzle, change our perspective at how we look at things???

The numbers are painted for the benefit of the driver, so that
approaching the parking space the driver can read the lane
number and know where to park his car.
Looking at it from the opposite side, turns it into a puzzle.

The numbers are painted for the benefit of the driver, so that
approaching the parking space the driver can read the lane
number and know where to park his car.
Looking at it from the opposite side, turns it into a puzzle.
You mean the answer is 87 ??

DSM

DSM

Creative thinking.......

Source : https://www.quora.com

A certain private school in the U.S was faced with a unique problem, where a number of 12-year old girls were beginning to use lipstick. They would apply it in the restroom, which was fine. But after that they would press their lips on the mirror leaving dozens of little lip prints.

Every night the maintenance janitor would remove them, and the next day the girls would put them back. Finally the principal decided that something had to be done. She called all girls to the bathroom and met them there with the maintenance janitor. She explained that all these lip prints were causing a major problem for the janitor who had to clean the mirrors every night.

To demonstrate how difficult it was to clean the mirrors, she asked the maintenance janitor to show the girls how much effort was required. He took out a long-handed mop, dipped it in the toilet, and cleaned the mirror with it.

Since then, there were no lip prints on the mirror. :lol::lol::lol:

DSM

9 things mentally strong people do every day - Amy Morin (Edited excerpt)

http://www.businessinsider.com/habits-of-mentally-strong-people-2015-12

1. They monitor their emotions. People often assume mentally strong people suppress their emotions, Morin says, but they are actually acutely aware of them. "They monitor their emotions throughout the day and recognize how their feelings influence their thoughts and behaviors," she says. "They know sometimes reaching their greatest potential requires them to behave contrary to how they feel."

2. They practice realistic optimism. Having a positive outlook all the time is impossible, and too much negativity is counterproductive. Mentally strong people "understand that their thoughts aren't always true, and they strive to reframe their negativity," Morin says. "They replace exaggeratedly negative thoughts with a more realistic inner monologue."

3. They solve problems. To put it simply, "mentally strong people refuse to engage in unproductive activities," Morin says. Instead of sitting there complaining about your bad day at work and wishing bad things wouldn't happen, evaluate why something went wrong and fix it. Learn how to calculate risk and move forward from there, she says.

4. They practice self-compassion. Rather than beating themselves up for making mistakes, mentally strong people practice self-compassion and speak to themselves as they would speak to a good friend, Morin says. "They respond to their inner critic as if they were standing up to the schoolyard bully," she says. "They forgive themselves for mistakes and cheer themselves on as they work toward their goals."

5. They set healthy boundaries. One thing mentally strong people avoid is giving away their power. People give away their power when they lack physical and emotional boundaries, Morin says. They can establish healthy boundaries, however, by behaving assertively, she says. "They accept full responsibility for how they think, feel, and behave," she says, "and they refuse to let other people dictate whether they're going to have a good day or a bad day."

6. They manage their time wisely. Mentally strong people describe time as a finite resource, Morin says. That's why they try to use it in a meaningful way. "Rather than waste energy dwelling on the past or resenting other people for taking up their time, they focus on more productive activities," she says.

7. They strive to fulfill their purpose. Successfully fulfilling your purpose in life takes time. Mentally strong people understand this and focus on the big picture, keeping in mind that today's choices impact their future.

8. They seek to grow stronger. "Mentally strong people view everyday challenges as opportunities to grow stronger," Morin says. Additionally, they never settle or consider themselves strong enough. There is always room for improvement. "They know that just like physically strong people need to work out to stay in good shape, they need to keep working out their mental muscles to prevent atrophy," she says.

9. They monitor their progress. Doing whatever it takes to improve can help you reach your greatest potential. It starts with acknowledging your weaknesses and having a "no excuses" approach. "Rather than make excuses for their mistakes or failures, they seek explanations that will help them perform better moving forward," Morin says.

DSM

The cow.....

Email fw.....

Once upon a time in a faraway land, there lived a Chinese wise man and his disciple. One day in their travels, they saw a hut in the distance. As they approached they realized that it was occupied in spite of its extremely poor appearance. In that desolate place where there were no crops and no trees, a man lived with his wife, three young children and a thin, tired cow. Since they were hungry and thirsty, the wise man and his disciple stopped for a few hours and were well received.

At one point, the wise man asked : “This is a very poor place, far away from anything. How do you survive?”

“You see that cow? That’s what keeps us going,” said the head of the family. “She gives us milk, some of it we drink and some were make into cheese. When there is extra, we go into the city and exchange the milk and cheese for other types of food. That’s how we survive.”

The wise man thanked them for their hospitality and left. When he reached the first bend in the road, he said to his disciple: “Go back, get the cow, take her to the cliff in front of us, and push her off.”

The disciple could not believe what he was hearing. “I cannot do that, master! How can you be so ungrateful? The cow is all they have. If I throw it on the cliff, they’ll have no way to survive. Without the cow, they’ll all die!”

The wise man, an elderly Chinese man, took a deep breath and repeated the order: “Go ahead. Push the cow off the cliff.” Though outraged at what he was being asked to do, the student was resigned to obey his master. He returned to the hut and quietly led the animal to the edge of the cliff and pushed. The cow fell down the cliff and died.

As the years passed by, remorse for what he had done never left the disciple. One spring day, the guilt became too much to bear and he left the wise man and returned to that little shack. He wanted to find out what had happened to that family, to help them out, apologize, or somehow make amends. Upon rounding a turn in the road, he could not believe what his eyes were showing him. In place of the poor shack there was a beautiful house with trees all around, a shed for keeping animals, storage area for grains and so on.....

The heart of the disciple froze. What could have happened to the family? Without a doubt, he thought they must have either been starved to death or forced to sell their land and leave and beg for their livelyhood in the city.

Anyway, he entered the house and asked a man that was passing by about the whereabouts of the family that had lived there several years before.
“You’re looking at them,” said the man, pointing to the people gathered around. Unable to believe what he was hearing, the disciple walked through the gate and took a few steps closer to the pool where he recognized the man from several years before, only now he was strong and confident, the woman was happy, and the children were now nice-looking teenagers.

He was dumbfounded, and went over to the man and asked : “What happened? I was here with my teacher a few years ago and this was a miserable place. There was nothing. What did you do to improve your lives in such a short time?”

The man looked at the disciple, and replied with a smile: “We had a cow that kept us alive. She was all we had. But one day she fell down the cliff and died. To survive, we had to start doing other things, develop skills we didn’t even know we had. And so, because we were forced to come up with new ways of doing things, we are now much better off than before.”

Moral of the story: Sometimes our dependency on something small and limited is the biggest obstacle to our growth. Perhaps the best thing that could happen to you is to push your “cow” down the cliff - then your life will really change. Is there a cow in your life that is keeping you miserable? Close year 2015 by throwing it off the cliff!

DSM

Samruddhi - Rivesh Vade

http://www.traderji.com/general-chit-chat/89859-markets-after-hours-89.html

(This article was earlier posted in the above link. Was looking for it, and it is worth a repost)

Water does not struggle to flow. Grass does not struggle to grow. Wind does not struggle to blow. Sun does not struggle to shine. Earth does not struggle to rotate and flowers do not struggle to bloom. Moral? Struggle is unnatural. Give up the struggle once and for all. Let go of paddles. Trust the source energy will guide you downstream to your desire..... and start enjoying the trip. The above concepts are not urging non-action in the sense of lethargy or laziness, but rather condemning activity contrary to nature. It is not idleness but work without effort, anxiety and complication, work which goes with and not against prosperity that is praised. A common misconception you might have is that you get what you want in life through actions you take, by what you do. The fact is, this belief actually causes you to create struggle from a sense of lack.

You will probably find that around 90% of your actions are spent trying to compensate for inappropriate thoughts and beliefs. The problem is that most of us are preoccupied with 'doing' and unfortunately most of our doing involves struggle. We place a tremendous value on doing because in our culture and upbringing, we are condition to be action oriented. So we can become so busy 'doing' that we do not realize that all this 'doingness' causes you to create in reverse. You might agree that most of your actions are really out of fear, worry or doubt. because you believe that nothing will get done unless YOU DO SOMETHING. In other words, you are trying to force your desire into manifestation through action. If your decision to DO is dominant, then you will focus on what you want to BE in the present. Here's a secret.... It is your intent, NOT your action that makes things happen for you. By allowing yourself to focus on what you desire until you feel the positive energy begin to move within you, you can reduce the need for action to the very minimum. Energy focused on what you desire that is not based on fear, doubt, anxiety, worry or need. When you focus on what you want instead of what you don't want, you will know when it is time to take action. And when you take action, it will be effortless. At that time, there is no effort, no strain and no pain...

What you want to do is to leverage your energy… the same energy that creates everything in the universe. However you can get so caught up in the reality of WHAT IS in present situation which you feel you must create everything on your own through mental effort and physical activity. You might have seen people who seem to have amazing and wonderful things in their life without much efforts. Unfortunately, those who work the hardest usually have the least because they have not learnt how to leverage their energy. They are trying to live their life the hard way. This is not surprising because you have also been programmed that in order to have what you desire you must work hard. How many times you have heard the phrase ‘No pain, no gain?’ The implication is that if you want to make something of yourself, you must work hard. Here is the truth : Any time you are struggling, you are living and operating from a sense of lack. Anytime you feel pain or struggle, your magnetic point of attraction is directed to that which you do not want, rather than to what you desire. To achieve anything in life, action is necessary, but they must be the last component of the creation process. Remember, the creation of anything is through vibration. In nature, everything vibrates, and it is by that vibration that we harmonize and attract experiences to ourselves. So before you act or do anything first ask yourself ‘how are my vibrations?’ How do you know the answer? You can tell by how you feel. Your feeling show your vibrations. How you feel determines what you attract in life.

So when you put yourself in the process of creating by only focusing on what you want instead of what you don’t want, this puts you in a state of ‘effortless doing’. We are conditioned to believe that life is supposed to be hard, and that struggle means you are courageous and strong. Samruddhi is about learning how to give up the struggle. Struggle is trying to rearrange the world so that it aligns with the way you think it should be. It is the greatest source of unhappiness in our world today. It happens we focus on what we don’t have instead of feeling grateful for what we do have. The lack of awareness, the denial or more accurately the resistance to your true nature is what keeps you struggling. Allow your nature to manifest. When we resist something, we increase the amount of struggle in our lives and this in turn increases how much scarcity we experience. When we operate from a scarcity mindset, we operate from rigidity. Lack creates anxiety. Anxiety creates rigidity. Energy does not flow when we are rigid. Life becomes smaller. Shifting our thinking to ‘enough’ – enough time, money, health, wellness, contribution whatever it may be – gives us the permission to relax. We can be in the arena and connect with success. Our society is bombarded with scarcity mindset i.e a belief that there is a limited supply, or never enough. Whatever you direct your scarcity mindset towards is what you believe there is limited supply of. Thus if you have scarcity mindset around money, you believe there is a limited supply of money. Even if there is a limited supply of money in your bank account does not mean you are limited in how much money you can manifest in your life.

Affirmation for clearing of lack : I release the feeling of lack and scarcity in life and release it. I completely accept, love and forgive myself. I allow myself to feel resourceful and prosperous. Awareness is another step in healing lack of money and prosperity mindset. Believe in abundance. The easiest way to do this is to start noticing abundance in your life. You can find abundance everywhere in nature. For e.g when you wake up : is there enough air in the room for you to breath? Notice the abundance of air in your life. Go for a walk on a beach, trail, and see the abundance of beauty around you. If you have healthy children, notice the abundance of well-being in your life. There are lots of ways to do it. So start noticing abundance and you will start to expect it. Feel gratitude and be thankful for it.

Also we have to learn to make decision from love, not fear. Most people make financial decision from a place of fear. For e.g a person will compromise on quality or buy cheap and hence make a decision based on fear. It’s coming from a place – of I don’t want to run out of money. But if you really want to be successful, and make your decision from a heart centered place, you would make the choice to honor yourself and feel successful which will put you in a better state. Our bodies are a barometer. If we tune into our body, it will tell us when we are resisting something. To move out of this, we need to raise our consciousness.

DSM

A question of perspective.....

A famous writer was in his study room. He picked up his pen and started writing his thoughts on the year as he interpreted them :

**Last year, I had a surgery and my gall bladder was removed. I was stuck to the bed due to this surgery for a long time.

**I reached the age of 60, and had to give up my favourite job. I had spent 30 years of my life in this publishing company.

**Also I experienced sorrow of the death of my father.

**My son failed in his medical exam because he had a car accident. He had to stay in bed at hospital with the cast on for several days. The car was a total loss.

At the end he wrote: Alas! It was such a bad year !!

When the writer's wife entered d room, she found her husband looking sad and lost in his thoughts. Then she read the notes her husband had penned on the dairy. She left the room silently and came back with her dairy and placed it on side of her husband's writing.

When the writer saw this paper, he found his name written on it with following lines :

**Last year I finally got rid of my gall bladder due to which I had spent years in pain....

**I turned 60 with sound health and retired from my job. Now I can utilize my time to write better, with more focus and peace.....

** Also, my father, at the age of 93, without depending on anyone or without any critical condition met his Creator.....

**God blessed my son with a new life, even though he was in a big accident. My car was destroyed but my son stayed alive without getting any disability.....

At the end she wrote:

This year was a blessing of God and it passed well !!

The writer was indeed happy and amazed at such beautiful and encouraging interpretation of the happenings in his life in that year !!

Moral : In daily lives we must see that it’s not happiness that makes us grateful but being grateful that makes us happy.

So, Think positive and be happy... :):):)

saakk

A question of perspective.....

A famous writer was in his study room. He picked up his pen and started writing his thoughts on the year as he interpreted them :

**Last year, I had a surgery and my gall bladder was removed. I was stuck to the bed due to this surgery for a long time.

**I reached the age of 60, and had to give up my favourite job. I had spent 30 years of my life in this publishing company.

**Also I experienced sorrow of the death of my father.

**My son failed in his medical exam because he had a car accident. He had to stay in bed at hospital with the cast on for several days. The car was a total loss.

At the end he wrote: Alas! It was such a bad year !!

When the writer's wife entered d room, she found her husband looking sad and lost in his thoughts. Then she read the notes her husband had penned on the dairy. She left the room silently and came back with her dairy and placed it on side of her husband's writing.

When the writer saw this paper, he found his name written on it with following lines :

**Last year I finally got rid of my gall bladder due to which I had spent years in pain....

**I turned 60 with sound health and retired from my job. Now I can utilize my time to write better, with more focus and peace.....

** Also, my father, at the age of 93, without depending on anyone or without any critical condition met his Creator.....

**God blessed my son with a new life, even though he was in a big accident. My car was destroyed but my son stayed alive without getting any disability.....

At the end she wrote:

This year was a blessing of God and it passed well !!

The writer was indeed happy and amazed at such beautiful and encouraging interpretation of the happenings in his life in that year !!

Moral : In daily lives we must see that it’s not happiness that makes us grateful but being grateful that makes us happy.

So, Think positive and be happy... :):):)
:clapping::clapping::clapping: superb.......