See this stockscreener for nse stocks

Hello rvlv,

Thanks for the posting about the stock screener.

I am actually the founder of the company and developer of the software you suggested, so just let me know if any of you traders have any questions, comments or suggestions for improvement.

Enjoy.

Deron
http://www.morpheustrading.com

Hi friends

Here is a link to a stockscreener that finds 3 types of stocks.
breakout stocks-with RS relative strength not RSI-BEWARE
pullback stocks
shorting stocks-bouncers in downtrend
http://www.morpheustrading.com/services/stock-screener

You need to choose country India.
morpheustrading is website name

cheers

rvlv

Hi Deron nice to see your reply.
Welcome to traderji.com

Thanks for your post.
I would request you to kindly tell us about how and on what basis your system picks up breakouts,pullbacks,bouncers in dntrend.We find the RS is somewhat unique.I am just curious.I dont want the intricate details just concept is ok.

my friends use your site and found things work well on eod -end of day basis.
I just began and still figuring out how to go about it.To start with i note down somestocks etc of my choice with date time then observe like.
if possible kindly point us links for guidance.
regards
rvlv

Hello rvlv,

Thanks for the nice welcome.

Here are the basic details for what the stock screener is designed to do:

Potential breakouts:

This is designed to find stocks that meet the following technical criteria:

• Stock is showing a high relative strength (RS) ranking (our propriety indicator that compares individual stock performance versus the broad market over the past 6 to 12 months)
  • Stock is trading not more than 20% below its 52-week high
  • Stock is trading above its 50-day moving average
  • The 50-day moving average is above the 200-day moving average

In general, this will find stocks that are poised to break out to a new high, from within a valid base of consolidation.

Pullbacks:

This scan will find shares that have been in a steady uptrend for at least the past several months, but are on SHORT-TERM pullbacks off their highs. Typically, this will only be a 3 to 7 day pullback from the high, which usually means the stock has retraced to support of its 20-day moving average, and must still be trading above its 50-day moving average.

With this type of scan, the basic idea is to buy above the high of the previous day, after the first time the stock pulls back and forms a bullish reversal candle (such as a "hammer" candlestick pattern).

Short selling setups:

First, this is only designed to be use when the overall major indexes (Sensex, Nifty, etc.) are in a downtrend. The first rule of our trading strategy is to always trade in the SAME direction as the dominant trend, so it's important to know we would NOT look for short setups unless the overall market is in a downtrend (which it is not right now).

Anyway, this will find stocks that have been in a steady downtrend, but are currently in a short-term bounce off the lows, such as bumping into resistance of the 20-day moving average. Put simply, this is the opposite of the "Pullbacks" stock screen.

To help you understand further, here are the links to a few videos that explain the different types of stock scans in more detail:

How To Find Breakouts with the MTG Stock Screener

How To Quickly Find Stocks That Move 20% In 2 Weeks

How To Find Pullbacks with the MTG Stock Screener

How To Find Stocks For Selling Short with the MTG Stock Screener (ONLY FOR DOWNTRENDING MARKETS)

Getting started with the MTG Stock Screener (basic overview)

I hope the information and videos above will help you get a better understanding of how the screener works. You can also read more details about how our technical trading strategy works.

Finally, keep in mind that most of the videos use the USA stock markets as examples because we have a lot of clients who trade the American stock markets. However, technical analysis and the strategy works exactly the same way for the Indian and any other markets in the world, so don't worry about that part.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. We can use this thread on the board as a general Questions and Answers support section for the stock scanner.

Otherwise, enjoy using the best Indian Stock Screener.

Cheers,

Deron

Hi Deron nice to see your reply.
Welcome to traderji.com

Thanks for your post.
I would request you to kindly tell us about how and on what basis your system picks up breakouts,pullbacks,bouncers in dntrend.We find the RS is somewhat unique.I am just curious.I dont want the intricate details just concept is ok.

my friends use your site and found things work well on eod -end of day basis.
I just began and still figuring out how to go about it.To start with i note down somestocks etc of my choice with date time then observe like.
if possible kindly point us links for guidance.
regards
rvlv

rvlv

Hi Deron

It is a pleasure to see your prompt and warm response with plenty of details.
The video links are good help.Thanks for being open and proactive.

I have a group of swingtrader friends who keep asking me frequently- tell us what to buy and when etc.Normally they buy and hold for 2 to 10 days then sell the stocks.

I gave them link of your site and these guys sort of stopped asking questions.
just one told me -I like that breakout thing-but i feel i am not doing it right way.
he also revealed that one more guy is very focussed on bouncers in downtrend.

Honestly I have yet to put together a small sequence of steps to take best advantage of the screener. Now that videos are at hand,I would focus on this action point-first on breakout list

The chart shows green,blue,red lines as MA20,MA50 AND MA200.
We look to buy on range high break. I think of buying after moving averages converging,keeping angle of ma lines and separation in view.
I saw the video below.
How to find stocks that can rally 20% over 2 weeks (3 minutes)

With ratio of todays volume to average volume>70%,with volume>10,00,000,with RS>90 TO 95, things looking good.

One thing I wanted to ask you is
Is it possible to provide in future a value of ATR(66),say ATR(70),this gives an idea of average move between low and high during this period. For short term traders,ATR(22) may be of help.Personally I believe,I wont bet on a stock that has low ATR. I am not asking for immediately incorporating this but please do consider if it is worth as you get time.

regards
rvlv

rvlv

Hi Deron

Just a clarification from myside.
I said
One thing I wanted to ask you is
Is it possible to provide in future(means at a future date) a value of ATR(66),say ATR(70),this gives an idea of average move between low and high during this period. For short term traders,ATR(22) may be of help.Personally I believe,I wont bet on a stock that has low ATR. I am not asking for immediately incorporating this but please do consider if it is worth as you get time.
I meant -please consider providing it in near future only if it suits your convenience.
I saw there will be a webinar by you on 24th jan. I will try to attend.

regards

rvlv

hi shailu

please note the stockscreener uses end of day data and you can see scan results next day. the breakout stocks,pull back stocks,bouncers in downtrend for shorting are all useful for daily swing traders. it is not meant for intraday
as of now.

I use the scan myself and it has dependability on daily charts.

98.5% intraday traders are loosers as per survey. you can join that bandwagon anytime as no entry fee is there.
Traders who use things that were never tested are welcome with extra respect.
Those who dont know anything about backtesting,papertrading,money management-highly emotionally unstable traders given hearty welcome.
Low brokerage doesnt make profits by itself. it helps overtrading.

hope it is clear.
Mind-money -method-50-40-10