Sbi Magnum Taxgain '93

sbi magnum dividend holders are getting dividend evry year...but what abt growth scheme holders....??
i have not received neither any dividend now any increase in my units.

is there some thing wrong with growth scheme..??

plz help

~pankaj

sbi magnum dividend holders are getting dividend evry year...but what abt growth scheme holders....??

plz help

~pankaj
In growth schemes, you will not receive dividends.
If you compare the NAV of growth vs dividend schemes.. it must be a huge difference. NAV of growth scheme will be lot more than that of dividend scheme.

You may want to read some information about growth vs dividend on traderji.com

thnks a lot...

then it means one should be careful when bying growth schme units..n only when they are falling one should buy them..right..

like in mine case i opted for this scheme when nav was 69 per unit....so i dont think it wil go beyond this value soon den im set to loose my money...

~pankaj

Hi,

SBI Magnum Tax gain is very good ELSS scheme.

Infact its number one scheme in ELSS category for over 5 year performance.
It is an open ended scheme and you can invest any time in this scheme. I would recommend you take the SIP (Systematic Investment Planning) route.

Happy Investing !
MFAdvisor
www.mutualfundadvisor.blogspot.com

Hi,

I have been waiting to enter in SBI Magnum Tax gain MF scheme for some time. Have heard that MF schemes open for some time in the year so that people can start investing using SIP and without entry load in this case.

Any expected time frame for this.

Brainfever.
:cool:
It is always open, You can invest at anytime.
MFadvisor

I just want to tell you that GROWTH scheme are diff. then DIVIDEND scheme.
In GROWTH scheme dividend whichever you get is reinvest in scheme.
thanks,
MFadvisor

plz help

~pankaj

ranj_2k

There is no difference in return of growth scheme and dividend scheme in Magnum Tax Gain 93 ELSS. Only difference is that if you need money on intervals you can opt for dividend scheme and if you want accumulation of capital then opt for growth / dividend re-invest. Once dividend is paid to you, NAV of scheme will fall by that amount. However, NAV of Growth scheme will be entact.

ranj_2k

Re: MF scheme, Dividend , Growth or Bonus

If the sensex / nifty growth is 15% p.a. which is very modest you can expect that your invest is grow by 45% in three years. Instead of buying ELSS in lumpsum you can choose SIP where rupee cost average will work for you.