Require CTCL Developer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you elaborate a bit? What was the scope of your project & its goals?
hi,
the project was a exprement based prototype model which we developed for nse cash it was some kind of replication of NEATCM
we have doen order processing and live price and last 5 trades based on that

we have allmost done the same for the FO on nse but it is not complete yet

we have worked for it on vc++ and have used sql server as a backend data model
we first thought to use RIMA but then we drop the idea for RIMA as it was a proto type model

for further details you can contact me on [email protected] [email protected]

hi,
the project was a exprement based prototype model which we developed for nse cash it was some kind of replication of NEATCM
we have doen order processing and live price and last 5 trades based on that

we have allmost done the same for the FO on nse but it is not complete yet

we have worked for it on vc++ and have used sql server as a backend data model
we first thought to use RIMA but then we drop the idea for RIMA as it was a proto type model

for further details you can contact me on [email protected] [email protected]
Would you be able to tell how Odin/other clients connect to their brokers Odin or other servers and how they in turn connect with NSE? Do they all use FIX or some form of FIX?

Would it be possible to develop a custom Gateway Software, preferably FIX based, which could route orders to NSE under a STP/CTCL ID issued to one's broker or in future through DMA access, in the amount of license cost to be paid to vendors who are selling such solutions for NSE/others in India?

Also, what other issues are involved in the above and in getting live/historical quotes from NSE on a leased line CTCL link.

Does anyone else have any inputs to provide? If you know anything or someone who does, please do post information to the thread.

I have a project for anyone capable of building a java based connectivity adapter to FT's Odin Servers or Indiabulls PIB Servers.

You should have knowledge of these vendors communication protocols, authentication procedures.

Project would involve building components for an application that would substitute the PIB & ODIN clients for trading on Indiabulls & brokers using Odin.

With best regards.
Sanjay.

I have a project for anyone capable of building a java based connectivity adapter to FT's Odin Servers or Indiabulls PIB Servers.

You should have knowledge of these vendors communication protocols, authentication procedures.

Project would involve building components for an application that would substitute the PIB & ODIN clients for trading on Indiabulls & brokers using Odin.

With best regards.
Sanjay.
Their communication protocols are proprietary and non-standard. They offer a product called 'ODIN Connect' or 'FIX Connect' for institutions to connect to their oms. They were unwilling to even provide a price quote for retail investors :( What a monopoly.

:mad:

Isn't that Monopolistic practices? SEBI should do something about it.

Can we compile some reasons here, why this is anti-consumer? Something that looks & sounds good on paper. I'd like to put it up to SEBI, Stock Exchanges & what the hell...shoot a couple of copies to the media, futures trading commission, IT Ministry and the Prime Minister's Office :D

Sometimes, such letters, if they are for public good, sometimes do work if sent to enough parties :(

But, FT's got a lot of clout :mad:

Comments?
Sanjay.

:mad:

Isn't that Monopolistic practices? SEBI should do something about it.

Can we compile some reasons here, why this is anti-consumer? Something that looks & sounds good on paper. I'd like to put it up to SEBI, Stock Exchanges & what the hell...shoot a couple of copies to the media, futures trading commission, IT Ministry and the Prime Minister's Office :D

Sometimes, such letters, if they are for public good, sometimes do work if sent to enough parties

But, FT's got a lot of clout :mad:

Comments?
Sanjay.
Don't forget that we are not the consumers here. The brokerages are the actual consumers. As long as they are happy, there is nothing that we can do about it. It's simply pathetic. The indifference that the brokerages show to provide/seek any better trading platform is scary.
But they really don't seem to have any other option anyway. Nearly all the brokerages I have seen use ODIN OMS (regardless of whether they use their front end or not).
And ya FT got a lot of clout:(. Simply put if FT operates under similar conditions in EU/US, they would have closed office for monopolistic practices. But in India, anything goes.

:mad: Nope....we are consumers....we are bigger in number and end consumers. Brokers can be viewed as distributors.

This practice of not opening api discourages anyone from writing a competing front end...or one for one's own use.

First Class Writ material. But I don't think they are saying no....they simply are discouraging it, beyond the point where one stops making efforts.

I remember talking to a FT guy and he said we will need to know your use case for this.

I think...I will call them again and follow up in writing.

One thing that should be studied is the Exchange/Broker Agreement...I am sure exchanges will provide the model agreement...or maybe its there at their site. There should be something about code of practices, brokers are required to follow.

Comments?
Sanjay.

:mad: Nope....we are consumers....we are bigger in number and end consumers. Brokers can be viewed as distributors.

This practice of not opening api discourages anyone from writing a competing front end...or one for one's own use.

First Class Writ material. But I don't think they are saying no....they simply are discouraging it, beyond the point where one stops making efforts.

I remember talking to a FT guy and he said we will need to know your use case for this.

I think...I will call them again and follow up in writing.

One thing that should be studied is the Exchange/Broker Agreement...I am sure exchanges will provide the model agreement...or maybe its there at their site. There should be something about code of practices, brokers are required to follow.

Comments?
Sanjay.
I tried contacting FT guys in hopes of getting a price quote for their FIX connect product. But once they found out the end use (connecting my custom software) they stopped replying back :(. After all why would they want to help any competition to their weirdo looking odin front end. I was just trying to gauge their interest levels :). IMO according to indian laws there is nothing wrong in offering a closed product so there is nothing that we can do about it. They offer products at all levels. Heck they are the ones who provide technology to the exchange itself. They even have their own network called FTNet providing DMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.