Rei agro----a mysterious stock to understand.

Dear GSP,

While all the figures mentioned are correct and there is no reason for this stock to make new lows, kindly look at the following and see for yourself as why the stock is trading at such lower levels.

1. The reserves of the company which rose to the tune of 55% from 2005 to 2008 are more or less stagnant, expect for equity dilution which happened through right issue.

2. Return on net is continuously decreasing YoY, what are the possible methods through which the company can increase its reserves which would also allow debt re-structuring.

Regards
MM

Since the last two years or so REI is leveraging on its Overseas Subsidiaries, Ammalay Commodities in particular. The Return on Net worth may be showing better figures if one looks at the consolidated P&L figures. Kindly check.

Dear GPS,

Indeed it has been pushed to the limits and recent invocation of pledged stocks creates further confusion for this stock. Though the volume is only 84 Lacs. Negligible when compared to the pledge which has been created on this counter. Negative news continue to flow as the stock is hitting new lows.

On fundamentals I have worked on the following things, The actual earnings of the company since inception without equity dilution works out to about 525 - 550 crores. thus the bottom of price works out to about 5 - 5.50. The stock is trading at these levels only.

If Revenues and Market cap have any relations, than in 2008 it had market capitalization of about 11000 Crores and in the current financial year the stock would be reaching revenues to the tune of same, considering first two quarters of current financial year it has generated revenues to tune of about 5500 crores.

The Acquisition of GEMS TV will become clear by first week of March.
It has also acquired a mine in Casablanca Morocco. This news is not any where.
The revenues being generated are through method of transfer pricing between the parent company and its subsidiaries, it seems all the trading companies generate volumes in similar way.

I do not expect any bumper results even in this quarter on stand alone basis. Market continues to neglect its consolidated numbers.

Hope above makes some kind of sense, but I agree with all, its a very tough stock to understand keeping fingers crossed, I am still holding all shares that I had bought though at current levels I am also making some loss.

GRANT OF EXTENSION OF TIME
TO SUBMIT APPLICATION FOR THE PROPOSED ACQUISITION
The Board of Directors of Gems TV Holdings Limited (the "Company") refers to the Company’s announcements previously released on 29 August 2013, 2 September 2013, 6 September 2013, 1 November 2013 and 23 December 2013 (the “Previous Announcements”). Unless otherwise defined, all capitalised terms used in this announcement shall bear the same meanings ascribed to them in the Previous Announcements.
The Company is pleased to announce that pursuant to DMG’s application on 4 December 2013, the SGX-ST has granted the Company a further extension of time up to 31 August 2014 to meet the requirements to exit from the Watch-List (the “Further Extension”).
The Further Extension is subject to the following conditions:
1. the Company announcing the period of extension granted, the reasons for seeking the extension of time and the conditions as required under Rule 107 of the SGX-ST Listing Manual;
2. the Company having pre-cleared all potential deal breaker issues by 28 February 2014;
3. following satisfactory resolution of all potential deal breaker issues by 28 February 2014, the Company submitting its full and complete application for the Proposed Acquisition to the SGX-ST by 14 March 2014; and
4. in the event the Proposed Acquisition does not proceed, the SGX-ST will proceed to remove the Company from the official list of the SGX-ST in accordance with Rule 1315 of the SGX-ST Listing Manual. Pursuant to Rule 1305 of the SGX-ST Listing Manual, the Company or its controlling shareholder(s) will be required to comply with Rule 1309 of the SGX-ST Listing Manual.
No further extension of time will be granted for the Proposed Acquisition if the deadlines stipulated above are not met, or for the Company to consider other acquisitions.
The Company had sought the Further Extension because due to the complexity of the Proposed
Acquisition, the Parties had taken a longer time than expected to conclude the negotiation of the
SPA, which has resulted in delay in the preparation of the shareholders’ circular.
The Company would like to reiterate that investors and shareholders of the Company should
exercise caution when trading in our shares, and if in doubt, they should consult their financial
or other professional advisor(s). There is no certainty or assurance as at the date of this
announcement that the Proposed Acquisition will be duly completed. The Company will make
the necessary announcements when there are further developments. Shareholders are advised
to read this announcement and any further announcements by the Company carefully.

Dear Majid,

I am not sure that being a totally manipulated stock its price at any point of time can be related to the factors like earnings. But the recent burst of negative expressions on the stock(in MMB) seem to stem from news of shut down of their plant, that too at a time when it is making alltime new lows, though there is no announcement or disclosure in this regard anywhere. Moreover there is also information circulating around that they have hardly made any Raw material procurement because of non-payment of old dues and that there is lay-off of workers.However,the Consolidated numbers for Q3 do not seem to show that the company is in such a bad shape as is being made out, while the standalone figures are not encouraging. So there is a lot of confusion.

Regards
GSP

Hi
i have seen the price movement and latest financial eps etc but all such belief did not apply on this stock , even though food proceessing industary is growing but this stock may be dumped in future

I started this thread on 31st Oct 2013, at a time when i had no clarity on the stock and therefore termed it a "mysterious stock". My initial post and a few subsequent ones spell out why i said so. One member Rish wrote on 3rd November 2013 "...................So, don't see the Balance Sheet (EPS/BV/Dividend- All put it into Dust Bin), it will never works out in Rei Agro... Any rise you can sell Rei Agro.... "

As the stock continued to slide showing no prospect of improvement, I had sent e-mails to the Company Secretary REIAGRO on 8th November 2013 and forwarded the same to the Auditors of the company. K. Lilha & Co. and i am reproducing below the relevant portion of that mail:

"However, the performance of the stock on the bourses since the last four months, which is totally in divergence with the reported numbers, is causing concern and anxiety in the minds of investors. This has lead to all kinds of rumors being spread on leading financial portals like moneycontrol about, manipulation of price and movement of the stock, numbers being cooked-up, financial scam etc. I am are aware that the REI management does not control and also can not be expected to control the open market buying/selling of its stock and the market determined stock price, which is making new lows continuously. Nevertheless I also beleive that the management can not simply ignore the battering of its stock on the bourses.

Under these circumstances, I request you to bring to the notice of the Audit Committee of the Board which would be discussing the Q2 results on 14th August 2013 that the CMP of Reiagro negates the company's performance as per reported numbers and that this needs to be kept in view while considering the Q2 results and discussion with Company Auditors to re-affirm that the CMP of the stock is not a reflection of any deficiencies in in operational or fundamental factors,which are as robust as the numbers indicate and the exceptional performance of the company need not be doubted. Perhaps it would be great if the management comes out with a clear statement in this reagrd while announcing the Q2 results. This will certainly demonstrate the company's professed commitment to Corporate Governance
".

I followed up this e-mail with information mailed to EDSs of Integrated Surveillance Department(ISD) and Investigations Department(IVD) of SEBI on 20th November 2013 complaining of trading irregularities, stating, inter alia, as follows:

"The REI management has remained indifferent to the continuous battering of its stock on the bourses (for THREE long years). When a stock is beaten down to a level that NEGATES its Performance numbers and the Company management remains a silent spectator, while continuing to BUY the stock in the open market, it implies the existence of a situation of price manipulation that authorities like SEBI need to take cognizance of without insisting for any proof from an ordinary investor. The current situation gives an irrefutable impression that either, the reported numbers are cooked-up, or there is rampant manipulation in trading, both of which are a cause for immediate investigation.
It is requested that SEBI takes up investigation into what appears to be a prima facie case of POSSIBLE wrong doing by vested interests, to protect the interests of small shareholders of REIAGRO .It is hoped that SEBI will get cracking with this case ASAP, given the track record of REIAGRO management having already been penalised by SEBI, vide its ADJUDICATION ORDER NO. EAD-2/AO/ 112 /2012 Dated December 31, 2012 for trading irregularities. This order has also been UPHELD by the SECURITIES APPELLATE TRIBUNAL in its Order dated 19th November 2013 in Appeal No. 44 of 2013 filed by REIAGRO Promoters
."

The weakness of REI became evident when they defaulted payment of interest to IFCI which recently sold the pledget shares for recovering the interest amount. The publication of Q3 results exposed a glaring abnormality. The RM consumption figure raises doubts when compared with the figures of other quarters which i am copy pasting from moneycontrol quarterly results web page:

Consumption of Raw Materials:

Dec `13----Sep `13----Jun `13----Mar `13----Dec `12
2,618.46----969.29-----650.65----799.87-----925.52

So the consumption is almost three times the normal quarterly consuption.The quarterly P&L figures do not contain the Power & Fuel cost for the corresponding quarters which, being a related expense, could have helped in judging RM consumption figures. It is difficult to understand how in one quarter it was possible to process such a huge quantity of RM, given that there is no increase either in manpower costs or the operating expenses. Further the accretion to FG during this quarter is Rs 1700 Cr. Apparently, the RM consumption and FG figures appear to be fudged. If that be so one has to assume that the numbers of previous years/quarters may also have been fudged.

CARE has recently downgraded REI's rating in respect borrowings to the tune of about Rs. 5500 Cr. Here is their latest Reort dt 24th February 2014: http://www.careratings.com/findratings.aspx?cid=%2fBfGTXwEdi%2fVLrNu%2f1meIg%3d%3d

The mystery now is why are the lenders keeping quiet with this kind of functioning by REI and why the authorities under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs are not acting when suspicion of fraud is so much evident?

Last edited: