The implementation of structural reform indicating an undeniably positive indication.
- Government increases the number of installments in the Telecom Sector from 10 to 16, keeping in the min the present value, the spectrum cap has been increased from25 to 35 percent.
Impact can be seen on - Reliance jio, Idea, Bharti Airtel.
- In PSU Banking Recapitalization aimed at making temporary problems encountered by a few weak public sector banks which later degenerated into tradition by even stronger banks of the lot.
- Merger of three public sector general insurance companies, namely- National Insurance, Oriental Insurance and United India Insurance postponed to financial year 2019-20 and hence the banks will till then work as separate entities
- The government may also allow 100 percent FDI in private banks (currently, up to 49 percent is allowed without government’s permission and up to 74 percent with approval) and 49 percent in PSU banks (presently 20 percent). This will infuse efficiency in PSBs and they will be able to compete with private sector banks more efficiently. It will also reduce the pressure on the Government to make available funds for recapitalization.
- The initial positive for merger ONGC and HPCL has already taken place. HPCL is into refining and ONGC is an upstream company having its own refinery. The refinery of ONGC-MRPL is going to get merged with the other refineries of HPCL so that way both the companies will be in a win-win situation. The main intent behind the merger is to increase the financial muscle of the Indian oil companies