Realtime Data

#1
Hello friends.

I have come across a wonderful data provider (Stoxedge). Good data feeds and they also provide a trading system to go with it. I have been using it for two months now and results are nice. The site is www.stoxedge.com. Try it.
They offer a free demo for 5 days.

Regards.
 
A

amarnath

Guest
#2
krizizbak said:
Hello friends.

I have come across a wonderful data provider (Stoxedge). Good data feeds and they also provide a trading system to go with it. I have been using it for two months now and results are nice. The site is www.stoxedge.com. Try it.
They offer a free demo for 5 days.

Regards.
Hi ,

Your wonderful dataprovider even dont have properly updated website nor any description about product's and services offered . I guess you are one of their local reseller so are you supporting them and their products blindly??:confused:
 
#3
This guy Amarnath is poking his nose everwhere. Do you need an updated site or a good data vendor? If you want an updated website go check a news site, even I take data from them and people are extremely reliable and knowledgable better than anyother data vendor in the mkt. I can vouch on them.
 
#4
So from where to get this live data feed? I'm a power programmer new to stock trading and have opened my account with 5paisa... But I find they do not have several important features built into their software... such as extensive technical analysis etc... Moreover, you can use the software only when you're logged in to their server....

Please help me with info about the right live data source and some software that can get data from there and on which one can do lot of technical analysis and even store individual graph windows with notes and all.... I have seen Metastock at my friend's place, but I don't have money to purchase it...Is there a down to earth solution? Or else, just get me to a data source and i myself write out some advanced application...

Is there a data source that can deliver data in xml or rss format? That would be just perfect.....

Does ICICI's content.icicidirect.com deliver live reports? <<< Gurus, please let me know about this specifically....

Waiting to hear....
Thanks in advance...
Regards,
Sanjay.
 
#5
Data is actually delivered by NSE. Mostly the vendors collect this data from NSE in ODIN and deliver the same through their server. I am not really very aware after this could someone help.
 
A

amarnath

Guest
#6
Ropewalker said:
This guy Amarnath is poking his nose everwhere. Do you need an updated site or a good data vendor? If you want an updated website go check a news site, even I take data from them and people are extremely reliable and knowledgable better than anyother data vendor in the mkt. I can vouch on them.
When you run a business professionalism in it is must . i need professionalism in approach . if it a freeware i dont bother what kind of service do they offer . Ofcourse they charge for their sw cant they maintain a static site with basic template design :D .

Any proof from your side that they are better than others have you tried atleast one of other's ? you know how many data vendors there across our country :eek: . sure i know you dont have answer dont run to google after reading this for Indian stock data vendors :p
 
#7
Sanjay123 said:
So from where to get this live data feed? I'm a power programmer new to stock trading and have opened my account with 5paisa... But I find they do not have several important features built into their software... such as extensive technical analysis etc... Moreover, you can use the software only when you're logged in to their server....

Please help me with info about the right live data source and some software that can get data from there and on which one can do lot of technical analysis and even store individual graph windows with notes and all.... I have seen Metastock at my friend's place, but I don't have money to purchase it...Is there a down to earth solution? Or else, just get me to a data source and i myself write out some advanced application...

Is there a data source that can deliver data in xml or rss format? That would be just perfect.....

Does ICICI's content.icicidirect.com deliver live reports? <<< Gurus, please let me know about this specifically....

Waiting to hear....
Thanks in advance...
Regards,
Sanjay.
It's the same problem I am facing and want to write my own basic software. However, yseterday I appear to have got the solution. I have checked it today and it's working except for some problem with alerts, which I am working upon.

Well, the solution is: Download amibroker trial version for 1 month from www.amibroker.com and also download QuoteTracker from www.QuoteTracker.com. Settings for QuoteTracker are available on this forum elsewhere (search and you will find) while settings for QT plug-in are available in amibroker help page. So for one month, you can kaam chalao and thereafter you can purchase, from your profits, Amibroker which costs you around Rs. 11k or Iris (www.spidersoftwareindia.com) that will cost you approx. Rs. 7-8K (Please check its price with the spider guys).

Now Enjoy Trading!

Cheers!
 
Last edited:

alokdaga

Active Member
#8
amarnath said:
When you run a business professionalism in it is must . i need professionalism in approach . if it a freeware i dont bother what kind of service do they offer . Ofcourse they charge for their sw cant they maintain a static site with basic template design :D .

Any proof from your side that they are better than others have you tried atleast one of other's ? you know how many data vendors there across our country :eek: . sure i know you dont have answer dont run to google after reading this for Indian stock data vendors :p
Although I agree with you on some extend regarding the business professionalism, I think one should not discount anybody's product or services just because of their homepage. Some of the best companies in India have shabby homepages but good product lineups !!!
 
#10
me thinks krizizbak = ropewalker ,one man show, seller cum advrtiser and I have circumstantial evidence to prove this. Both these guys post nothing but references and praises for stoxedge. They contribute nothing in terms of knowledge to this forum . this guy simply can't handle criticism. Mr.Amarnath is a senior member and I that we all have benefitted at some point or another from his unbiased views. Being a senior member, I believe that Mr.Amarnath took the right decision in visiting the website and sharing his views with us. Infact if someone posts a message at this forum to advertise his products, he is inviting people to poke their collective noses. Earlier, the super moderator, TRADERJI, took care to weed off sellers and advertisers. But now the size has grown so much that I think it is impossible for him to moderate every message.Let us just ignore these two guys and get on with our discussions..
cheers
 

Intraday Higher Leverage

Save up to 90% in brokerage and get higher leverage for intraday trades.

Name:Phone:
Email:City:
State:
Are you a day trader?