question regarding european options

I know that all at the money and out of the money will expire worthless on expiry date...
I have a doubt ...What happens to my buy options ( in the money)when i didnt square or exercise on expiry day( Due to reasons like i am in remote and i cant open the net or cant call my broker).....Will my broker( ICICI ) will excercise it automatically and will credit to my account ....or if dont excercise on expiry date ( in the money options) then my premium and profit will go worthless.... kindly advice ....

Vijayakumar
You need not worry about that,the exchange will take care of it.If ur option is in the money at the expiry then exchange will automatically exercise ur option and credit the money in ur ac.

suppose i bought call option for the premium @12/-. And on the expiry date premium is up at @20/-. In this case shall I have to square off the call option on the expiry day or even if I don't square off I still would get the credit to my account?

If u want u can square off or else the option will be exercised i.e profit(difference between the strike price and market price less premium paid)will be credited to ur ac.