Query on Trade Price, Executed and Pending terms

Hello All,

I am very new to trading and I have a few questions. Yesterday I purchased 10 units of a trade at Rs.447 and sold it after the price went up to 478. Here is a screen shot of the same.

trade.jpg

I wanted to sell it for 478 and hence put the trigger price as that. But the trade price is showing as 439.35. I do not understand what this means. Also after selling it, it still shows as pending. The money I put is the same as the money I have got back. Can somebody please tell where my profits are? Also, I saw somewhere that I have unrealized profits as some Rs.300. Somebody please explain what I am doing wrong!

SavantGarde

You have to put the SELL price in the Price Window not the Trigger window & You have to select 'Limit Order' not 'Market'

....because of the above your order of 10 has got executed at the market price of 439.35 & I do not know why the second one is showing as pending because essentially it is the same order above which got executed @ 439.35 at market price

Last order in the image is the same order no. of the executed first order.

Suggest you get your Broker to Teach you how to place various types of order....it forms a part of their duty to show their clients How To Do Things with Trading Terminal

Unless and until you are familiar with the operations of the Trading Terminal Software & the basic terminologies of Trading.... Stay away from Trading...!!!

SG

Hello All,

I am very new to trading and I have a few questions. Yesterday I purchased 10 units of a trade at Rs.447 and sold it after the price went up to 478. Here is a screen shot of the same.

View attachment 17555

I wanted to sell it for 478 and hence put the trigger price as that. But the trade price is showing as 439.35. I do not understand what this means. Also after selling it, it still shows as pending. The money I put is the same as the money I have got back. Can somebody please tell where my profits are? Also, I saw somewhere that I have unrealized profits as some Rs.300. Somebody please explain what I am doing wrong!