Portfolio Creation, Understanding & Trading with Advanced GET

DSM

Hi Puneet,

Thanks for your feedback. Adget is a mystery to many. It has a 'blackbox' coding, and hence how it locates trades is not exactly known. However, I was impressed enough as I have gone along in my study. How good is Adget? We will know once I start posting the positional portfolios in real time. The reason for doing this is to have a good and in depth look at recommendations and follow it up to its target or SL, with (hopefully) no manual intervention in between. The idea is to see what annual % returns we can derive from (I will say supposedly) world class trading software - voted as the best year for over a decade by Traders magazine.

While I have been skeptic of Adget in the past, I have personally come to believe that one cannot know the truth by hearsay, opinion or blind prejudice. As the saying goes, one cannot venture into new lands, if not willing to lose the sight of the shore. If trading can be compared to venturing out in the ocean, Adget, would be like a navigation compass as well as a radar. So lets see where an open mind with Adget takes us. Time will tell. BTW, I will be having to access to the software as waiting for my NRI friend who is here for good. This will happen by 2nd/3rd week of Feb. This is good in a way, as till then will have the time to update myself with the nuances of Adget.

(PS : In my view, if one does not know how to really use Adget, the results like having Amibroker or any other software. It is a powerful tool if one has a mastery, else it is will be good only to see some nice colorful charts, which eats away into the capital)

Look forward to ur trades... By the way... How did u get it for free

Hi Puneet,

Thanks for your feedback. Adget is a mystery to many. It has a 'blackbox' coding, and hence how it locates trades is not exactly known. However, I was impressed enough as I have gone along in my study. How good is Adget? We will know once I start posting the positional portfolios in real time. The reason for doing this is to have a good and in depth look at recommendations and follow it up to its target or SL, with (hopefully) no manual intervention in between. The idea is to see what annual % returns we can derive from (I will say supposedly) world class trading software - voted as the best year for over a decade by Traders magazine.

While I have been skeptic of Adget in the past, I have personally come to believe that one cannot know the truth by hearsay, opinion or blind prejudice. As the saying goes, one cannot venture into new lands, if not willing to lose the sight of the shore. If trading can be compared to venturing out in the ocean, Adget, would be like a navigation compass as well as a radar. So lets see where an open mind with Adget takes us. Time will tell. BTW, I will be having to access to the software as waiting for my NRI friend who is here for good. This will happen by 2nd/3rd week of Feb. This is good in a way, as till then will have the time to update myself with the nuances of Adget.

(PS : In my view, if one does not know how to really use Adget, the results like having Amibroker or any other software. It is a powerful tool if one has a mastery, else it is will be good only to see some nice colorful charts, which eats away into the capital)

Hey DSM, great analogy. Look forward to your trades. I have studies the adget a bit by myself.. Reason was I wanted to give my wife some hobby...lol... But then I realized it is not going to happen... So will keenly watch this space and experience it through your experiences.... If you need any help from my side... More than willing to come forward...cheers

DSM

Thanks Puneet,

* Do share your studies on Adget. I am trying to learn as much as I can till I am 'hands on'

* Have you had a look at 'ChartNexus'? It is free EOD software and really good. Best part is that it can be downloaded on your laptop. Data is uploaded also for free each evening. The tools can be used to trade positionally in my view - if trading in cash segment. A good software if interested in learning or taking baby steps in trading.

Hey DSM, great analogy. Look forward to your trades. I have studies the adget a bit by myself.. Reason was I wanted to give my wife some hobby...lol... But then I realized it is not going to happen... So will keenly watch this space and experience it through your experiences.... If you need any help from my side... More than willing to come forward...cheers

Hey DSM.. Sorry for late reply... I haven't done anything in adget except for learning the rules,,, once you are doing it let me know your experience...

I haven't seen chart nexus either... I use the charting platform of the broker terminal itself which is quite good thee days.

DSM

AdGet, Hopefully by end of next week shall get rolling. I will be updating my understanding and calls generated by the system.

Re. Charting platform, I am happy with TradeTiger from Sharekhan. Which one are you using.?

Hey DSM.. Sorry for late reply... I haven't done anything in adget except for learning the rules,,, once you are doing it let me know your experience...

I haven't seen chart nexus either... I use the charting platform of the broker terminal itself which is quite good thee days.

amitrandive

It's not worth it. Don't waste your money.

Take a clean chart and learn price action. you have a better chance of success than some EW system.

Till today i have not found a single person in trading community who successfully uses or have anything positive to say about EW. EW in theory looks good and it does a good job of explaining a trend , but most markets don't spend time in trends. They spend more time in channels and ranges. Moreover if you understand PA , you can use a Simple MA to trade a trend. you don't a complicated theory like EW to trade a trend.

I use esignal , but not ADGET. Like any other systems based trading it will not give you the edge in long term.
oldest trick in the business my friend. It was paid to be the best...that is the only way to market and sell things that don't work and guess what it is working on you now..hehhehe.

If it really worked as they claim. They don't need any advertising and everyone here on the forum would have bought ADGET and would be minting money.

Every product vendor does this....even investment firms pay moody's and S&P's to sell their so called 'investment products'.

All i m saying is think.

Also if you think this really works simply apply EW on nifty say in the past one month and see how many profitable trades you got.

Videos are made to sell things that don't work be it in FOREX world or STOCKS. Everyone is out there to sell their so called money making systems.

I mean how naive can you get...sorry but its the truth and this is where people lose their hard earned money.

But it's your money and i know you think somehow this magical indicator will work this time...
I have not used ADGET. But like ADGET i have bought and used many systems.So my recommendations are based on experience of using these money making systems , which made money only for the person selling it.

Anyways, if you get to try it for free no harm. go for it. it will be a good learning experience.
DSM

I have collected all the quotes on this for your reference.I had used E-signal for a year.As throwawayacc123 has rightly said , this is a marketing strategy of all vendors to make any system marketable.

I personally know an EW theorist in Mumbai , who has an experience of 27 years in the market.He is currently providing analyst services.

When I met this guy and had a discussion with him , he started to brag about all the waves and patterns in EW.He also appears on many Business Channels ( I would not like to name him ):D

Having heard all his views , I simply asked him that with all this knowledge you have about the EW theory you ought to have been a multi-billionaire by now.:rofl:

Why are you still providing analyst services?:confused:

I hope you get the underlying message.:D

onlinegtrash

DSM

Since AdGet seems to be such a costly software I think they can easily afford a campaign in traders magazine to sell their product in the name of "awarded this and that by this magazine"... as matter fact... almost any software/website now a days has "has been awarded for excellence this many years by xyz"... heck ICICI bank demat account has such testimonial on their trading page...

just my 2¢

DSM

Thanks Amit and Online for your views, much appreciated. What a day incidentally! Met a professional portfolio manager at a party who swing trades with Adget. This is what he had to say : It is possible to make a good amount of money using this tool! He works for about 2 hours after market close, and makes entry and exit decisions during the last 15minutes of trade!!! Though reluctant, he has agreed to show me how Adget works. It's not free - An hour will cost me 10K. This includes theory, system and Clearing doubts. And he has got my promise not to disclose his name to anybody. The reason for the charge is that as per him - it's his sweat and tears of 8+ years. And if he were to teach without cost - it would not be valued..... He asked me to name two most precious commodities. I said Platinum and Gold. he smiled and said, no, it's air and water. Without it, we would not be able to live for a few minutes or a few days. But we take it for granted! so tomorrow I will be looking at his system. I had mentioned the title of the thread as : Positional trading with Adget. Guess will have to ask the mods to modify it to Swing trades with Adget. Let's see what happens tomorrow. I will be lighter by 10K. But will get insight into using a tool by a professional. Will update what I learn. I do hope to get a free access to Adget surely by end of next week. Let's keep our opinions aside and look at the system with an open mind!