polynomial curve

ok good luck Dan, let me know if you find an error
about the predictive value: the nice thing about the extension I added is that you can visually play with it a bit. It looks like if you use a higher order (order 4 or 5) and a little longer lookback time (maybe 150 bars) you can make a pretty stable prediction for the next maybe 3 bars.

But this is just based on playing around, I did not do any serious testing with respect to this claim.

nice work ,dear tools&tradingideas :clapping:,take a look in the link below ,maybe u can help me :)i want to remove 1 flaw frm the code mentioned in the link.post no.2410

http://www.traderji.com/amibroker/90119-simple-coding-help-no-promise-241.html
I am not sure i entirely understand but what I think you mean is that signals that appeared at some point disappear when more data come in. That is the problem with this COG indicator and this is the reason I think it has little value.

The COG indicator is just a polynomial fit to the data. So if a new data point comes in it will change the entire fit a little bit. They also say that the function "repaints". If you watch these youtube videos they make you believe that you just buy in the lower band and sell at the blue line. In reality it is not so easy. Using this indicator you can not build a system because it is not stationary. You can build a stationary function from this but that does not look nice and smooth at all.

So in my opinion this COG indicator is just deceiving and of little value.

bunti_k23

I am not sure i entirely understand but what I think you mean is that signals that appeared at some point disappear when more data come in. That is the problem with this COG indicator and this is the reason I think it has little value.

The COG indicator is just a polynomial fit to the data. So if a new data point comes in it will change the entire fit a little bit. They also say that the function "repaints". If you watch these youtube videos they make you believe that you just buy in the lower band and sell at the blue line. In reality it is not so easy. Using this indicator you can not build a system because it is not stationary. You can build a stationary function from this but that does not look nice and smooth at all.

So in my opinion this COG indicator is just deceiving and of little value.
No dear u didnt understood what i said :)
Apart from this i know the orignal concept of cog indicator which i found unreliable .and also im not using the orignal concept in the system which im making .there are only two lines which im using and concerned with , which is 'x1' and 'z1' which are dotted lines below the cog line .(im using nth order 1)

See what im using in buy sell condition involves 'x1' and 'z1' which are lines have 100 bars default lookback period ok. So if i write c>x1 under buy condition which means upto last 100 bars whenever c>x1 the arrow will appear on historical data and due to this it will not show signal on latest candle.(we are also using exrem func)

So i just want to make this condition,
The validity of a signal shd sustain only upto 5 recent bars .whenever a new signal appears.
OR
Signals shd not appear on historical bars .(on lookback period)

Hope u understand what i wrote:D

bunti_k23

Signals disappearing on historical data that is not a problem , here important thing is signal must appear on latest /recent candle then later if it disappears no problem coz u have executed the trade.

BUT

Signals shd not appear on historical values , it shd appear only on latest candles :) and in this mean time i was trying several combinations like ,

C > Beginvalue(x1)
Beginvalue(c) >x1

But looks like nothing is working :annoyed:

bunti_k23

And if this is not possible then there is only 1 soln for this . i have to watch the conditions manually all time:)

bunti_k23

Does anybody uses this system/indicator.
Can somebody share experience in this.

Thanks
i have shared my exp with this indi ,perhaps i didnt used it afterwards....:)