Please suggest me a good online trading platform

I haven't traded online before so I have no idea how it works. So I prefer a trading platform that is user friendly.Please suggest a genuine broker in your own experience as I have heard that some famous brokers like BMA do unauthorised trading and other fraudulent things making huge losses to investors. I am a long term investor and won't be able to watch the market closely, I heard that some platforms automatically sell when your script reaches a target or a stop loss, I prefer such platforms. I only trade in stocks (BSE) and nothing else.

lazytrader

There is something you have to decide:
1. You want to become active investor in the future who tracks stock markets regularly and does few trades a month - I would suggest RSKV for you. They are a good low cost broker who give 5 free trades per month
2. You just want to buy very safe large companies and keep them for long term growth only and don't want to get into trading - Open trading account with your bank like ICICI, Kotak, SBI etc

The orders with stop loss and booking profit need to be entered on a daily basis since they will expire at the end of the day. I don't know if anyone offers any feature where you can keep a permanent or trailing stop loss that gets carried forward everyday.

For forex trading, there are many brokers available in the market, but we need to take time to distinguish the realiable one, especially should pay attention to withdraw and customer service quality. Such as Hotforex, FXCM,FOREX etc, they are all famous brokers, but Nobody's perfect, you should get more advice from veterans.

stoch

For forex trading, there are many brokers available in the market, but we need to take time to distinguish the realiable one, especially should pay attention to withdraw and customer service quality. Such as Hotforex, FXCM,FOREX etc, they are all famous brokers, but Nobody's perfect, you should get more advice from veterans.
Do you personally trade with Hotforex? May I know how successful is your trading with them?
Thanks in Advance

deba72

Indians are not allowed to trade forex except those listed in Indian exchanges

newbie_7

I haven't traded online before so I have no idea how it works. So I prefer a trading platform that is user friendly.Please suggest a genuine broker in your own experience as I have heard that some famous brokers like BMA do unauthorised trading and other fraudulent things making huge losses to investors. I am a long term investor and won't be able to watch the market closely, I heard that some platforms automatically sell when your script reaches a target or a stop loss, I prefer such platforms. I only trade in stocks (BSE) and nothing else.
grasshopper,

in your case, since you want to hold for the long term which I presume is one year or higher, you could go with your bank...the brokerage may be a little higher but it wouldn't really eat into your profits like if you were trading intraday or futures.

in case the amount involved is large (10 lac or higher ) you could go with zerodha who will open a demat for you with IL&FS like they do for everyone else. Zerodha brokerage is lower.

www.zerodha dot com

hope this helps you make up your mind...

regards,

newbie_7

There is something you have to decide:
1. You want to become active investor in the future who tracks stock markets regularly and does few trades a month - I would suggest RSKV for you. They are a good low cost broker who give 5 free trades per month
2. You just want to buy very safe large companies and keep them for long term growth only and don't want to get into trading - Open trading account with your bank like ICICI, Kotak, SBI etc

The orders with stop loss and booking profit need to be entered on a daily basis since they will expire at the end of the day. I don't know if anyone offers any feature where you can keep a permanent or trailing stop loss that gets carried forward everyday.
ur name is too good lazytrader. i think so u like icici so u are preachings them so much and also rksv. everybody knows who is best in traderji... u too know inside ur heart