Panch Tattva: Update

Whether long term bull market is in its last profit trail?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You will be happy if I call this as five point analysis which covers fundamental,market,internal,external and visionary aspects of any stock.You can take it this way and see the recos in right sprit.I do not claim to be 100% correct however if two different techniques give the same conclusion you would be more assured in your action to buy-hold-sell any stock.Let us approach this with an open mind.BTW Vedas are neither jokes nor laughing matter.They are essence of universe and all actions are manifestations of this.Karmic actions of companies can be seen for the results and this is the whole basis of forecast.
So to my list of Vedic,ayurvedic, astu-ic and Yogic, I have to add Karmic also!!

Your explanation is as vague as the blah-blahs of Ayurvedic practitioners who claim that they will go to the "root cause of disease", that they will "treat body as a whole(hole?)" and that their medicines have no side effects!!! Sic. So do you rush to your ayuvedic fellow when you have a heart attack? Remeber that Ayurveda existed for ages, yet, life expectancy of mankind was less than 30 years till 20th century. Anybody following Vedas in stock market too can anticipate very short life expectancy in stock market.

What do you mean by--fundamental, market, internal, external and visionary?
Internal and external factors dont constitute fundamental?? How can you assign points to "Visionary"????

So to my list of Vedic,ayurvedic, astu-ic and Yogic, I have to add Karmic also!!

Your explanation is as vague as the blah-blahs of Ayurvedic practitioners who claim that they will go to the "root cause of disease", that they will "treat body as a whole(hole?)" and that their medicines have no side effects!!! Sic. So do you rush to your ayuvedic fellow when you have a heart attack? Remeber that Ayurveda existed for ages, yet, life expectancy of mankind was less than 30 years till 20th century. Anybody following Vedas in stock market too can anticipate very short life expectancy in stock market.

What do you mean by--fundamental, market, internal, external and visionary?
Internal and external factors dont constitute fundamental?? How can you assign points to "Visionary"????
You are again missing the basic point and it appears you are totally in the grip of chartists.If you know some basics than you will understand the strength of Vedic analysis.The famous economist Amartya Sen describes the five directive principles of state policy to include Nutrition,Health,Education,Democratic Participation and Vision.These correspond to five basic elements of Veda.Though Amartya Sen may not believe in ancient Indian knowledge but he has concluded the policy in right thinking which matches with vedic principles.So gentleman have faith and affirmation in your thoughts and you will see the merit in vedic analysis.

Do not give false statistics to argue your point which gives signs of your slave mind. India's GDP was the highest in the world at the time of Akbar rule and before that it was Sone Ki Chiriya.

Last edited:
Market Matrix: Indian Stock Market and Nifty, Sensex expected levels this year

By krsna Khandelwal - A Stock Market Vedic Theory proponent

Friends,

You were given an analysis as per the 17 Mar 06 most traded stocks (BS 200) yesterday in terms of market capitalisation, PE multiples and P/BV ratio together with RoCE . The findings were discussed in detail to find meaning in to it. I have in the mean time sorted the BS 200 (the most traded stock covered by the Business Standard) as per trading on 22 Mar 07 and I am pleased to post the finding hereunder for your benefit and making sense out of it:

* Out of the 200 most traded 91 have scaled above Rs 5000 Cr market capitalisation in each case ( last year the number of such companies was 74 out of total 200).
* Of the 91 as many as 61 companies had PE ratio in excess of 15 ( last year such companies numbered 55 out of 74).
* Of the 91 as many as 49 had the P/BV ratio of more than 5 ( last year such companies numbered 40 out of 74).
* Of the 91 as many as 53 had RoCE in excess of 15% ( last year such companies numbered 28 out of 71).

The result conform to the popular impression that the market values have gone up , that the return on capital employed has improved and that book values have improved as while additional 15 stocks crossed 5000 m/cap mark only additional 9 stocks were added in terms of more than 5 price to book value and only additional 6 stocks were added to the list in terms of price to earnings. Still more importantly 25 companies improved their return on capital employed adding to the figure of 28 last year and making the total of such companies as 53. On all three parameters the improvement has reflected and there fore it may be safely said that the markets in Mar 07 were not way off the real strength in comparison to Mar 06. The rebounding has come about on solid ground and if the results are generally OK the upward bias in the markets will be noticed. The passage of time gives strength to companies fundamentals as the profits retained are deployed and the new capacities add to turn over. The profitability is not the only basis for the better market price, the capacity to generate revenue and other likely things impart strength to share price.

The Panch Tattva Teknik appreciates all this and therefore give very accurate rating to companies. Last year the Indian corporates gave fantastic performance and supposing the growth rates are maintained even at half the rate of last year, the year is bound to close above 4500 Nifty points and above 15000 Sensex points . My recommendation to you all is to be increasingly in to equity every pasing day.

Hari Om

BIRDINFO Stock Rx - A Vedic Prescription for stock market

Monday, April 09, 2007
Market Matrix: Indian Stock Market and PE,P/BV & RoCE of companies

Friends,

Let me take this occasion to give you the result of an interesting study of the top 200 traded items covered by Business Standard on 17 Mar 2007.This is to find out as to how many of these companies had the market capitalisation of over Rs 5000 crs, how many had PE ratio of more than 15, P/BV ratio of more than 5, and how many had the RoCE of more than 15%. The following facts emerged :

A) Out of the 200 companies, 74 companies were found to have more than Rs 5000 crs market cap.
B) 55 companies of the 74 had PE ratio in excess of 15.
C) 40 companies of the 74 had P/BV ratio of above 5.
D) 28 companies of the 74 had more than 15% RoCE.

The PE of 15, P/BV of 5 and the RoCE of 15% have significance in the sense that the ratios beyond this are mostly due to extra weightage given to companies in respect of the P/E and P/BV ratios. The 15% RoCE mark is significant in the sense that a healthy company should be returning more than this much and returns below this are mostly now favoured for good discounting. The following is the verbatim reproduction of what I thought at that time an year earlier (we will analyse after undertaking similar study as per the Mar 07 figures):

[These figures give very alarming state of Indian Economy in terms of some thing not happening which should actually happen. In case we justify the PEs of more than 15 as being OK for an up-beat economy, how do we explain that returns of more than 15% on the capital employed have not attracted capital investment in businesses of these companies but only have attracted investment in to already issued capital stock of companies. Surely, the RoCE of more than 15% is attractive enough for investors in an atmosphere where bank rate is 6%, long-term yield have been under 7% on govt. paper and PLRs of banks have been under 11%.

It may have been OK if it was just the beginning year of better returns. The RoCE is good for about two years now. Let us suppose the time leg is always more pronounced in big and developing economies than there is going to be substantial addition to productive assets to the present assets. This would expand production in those lines of businesses hence the supply will improve. In a short span of time this additional supply can be absorbed at a lower pricing only, denting the bottom line after servicing of the freshly employed capital. This would distort the ratio further and would erode the capacity of company to maintain the debt equity ratio making enterprise too risky for investment in both ways i.e. in shares and in business.

Besides above the P/BV ratio of more than 5 for almost half of the 74 companies under study reflects price distortion on account of optimism at the highest level. Since the BV tends to catch up with price in the long run, the dividends would have to declare at minimum possible level. Since the dividend yields are already ridiculously low for most companies, with improving share prices dividends have to increase in absolute terms at least, if not as a percentage of the market price. The increased dividend distribution level will not allow the book value to catch up with price in long run. The patience of the investor will thus be tested in times of bad political atmosphere and in times of the inflationary pressures and more so in times of recessionary economic scene.

I have tried to explain to the people in a manner where only common sense is applied, one need not be an economic wizard to understand it.

Lastly, I would draw attention to the fact that not even 50% companies have market cap of over Rs 5000 crs out of the most traded 200. This is the reason the supply of stocks is insufficient to satisfy the need of the investors who have earlier made hefty profits in last three years and have tasted blood. Their blood will be on street if they do not check flow in to the limited pool of Indian stock market, be foreigners, and be Indians.]

After going through above you may well nigh understand that inspite of the dream returns that the year 06-07 posted in terms of the PAT and sales the indices could not maintain the ratio of advance. The weakness was embedded in the euphoric mood of the market in earlier times. You may well assess the fall out in case of the weaker profits in the year 06-07. My advice to you all generally had been to remain cautious against this back ground study added to which other matters that have been discussed from time to time. The result of the study based on March 07 figures would be brought before you on 10 Apr 07.

Hari Om

If I have not contributed to the forum, atleast I have not misled public.
When you write reccomondations on the forum, you should note that public may lose money because of your crap.
What is the basis of points you assign to the stocks? Let us know the calculations and criterion involved.
This country is full of conmen who mislead public in the name of God,godmen, Vedas , alternative medicines and what not? Should we believe your vedic stock analysis, while the stock markets never existed during those days?
I think this applies to each and every post in this forum which recommends some scrips based on TA, FA or whatever...Is there anyone who has shown you the calculations involved for his given list. NO. He is saying that it is purely based on mathematics, TA, FA etc. Then please let him post. If you have any problem then write to traderji. Many good threads and their starters discontinued their posts due to such behaviour and attitude. Internet is full of tips and a common man who buy shares without knowing anything and based on such tips is destined to loose his money. No one can save him. So I request you to post something useful here or dont post anything. I also request @birdinfo to throw some more light on his system. BTW, questions and queries are always welcome...

Regards...

Subrata Bera.

Last edited:
I think this applies to each and every post in this forum which recommends some scrips based on TA, FA or whatever...Is there anyone who has shown you the calculations involved for his given list. NO. He is saying that it is purely based on mathematics, TA, FA etc. Then please let him post. If you have any problem then write to traderji. Many good threads and their starters discontinued their posts due to such behaviour and attitude. Internet is full of tips and a common man who buy shares without knowing anything and based on such tips is destined to loose his money. No one can save him. So I request you to post something useful here or dont post anything. I also request @birdinfo to throw some more light on his system. BTW, questions and queries are always welcome...

Regards...

Subrata Bera.
The 'Vedas' say that the 'Shrushti'(the material existence) consists of 'Panch Tattva'(five elements) i.e. Prithvi (the earthly material), Jal (the water i.e. liquid material), Agni (the fire i.e. the combustibility), Vayu (the airy material) and Akash (the ethereal material).We see the companies' strength in five basic capabilities in order of subtlety as is the case with the Panch Tattvas and ascribe points to each of these. The sum total gives us the real strength of the stock viz a viz the price quote. You will find the recommendation here based on this system after each quarterly result, which has been named as 'the Panch Tattva' system of assessing the potential of the stock with a three-month horizon in view. The clairvoyance achieved is tremendous for the practitioner to arrive at the conclusion.

This is a matter of satisfaction that it has shown best results in empirical studies.

You are again missing the basic point and it appears you are totally in the grip of chartists.If you know some basics than you will understand the strength of Vedic analysis.The famous economist Amartya Sen describes the five directive principles of state policy to include Nutrition,Health,Education,Democratic Participation and Vision.These correspond to five basic elements of Veda.Though Amartya Sen may not believe in ancient Indian knowledge but he has concluded the policy in right thinking which matches with vedic principles.So gentleman have faith and affirmation in your thoughts and you will see the merit in vedic analysis.

Do not give false statistics to argue your point which gives signs of your slave mind. India's GDP was the highest in the world at the time of Akbar rule and before that it was Sone Ki Chiriya.
Whether one is in the Grip of Chrtists or Fundamental analyst--- is acceptable. Both have some logical way of assessing the market and have decent track record. Then there are psuedo-scientist likeTarot readers, astrologers and Vedic analysts--- who give mystique and grandiose answers and explanations which have no logic.

There is a sanskit subhashita-- which says that just because Banyaan tree is planted by ur grand father, that does not mean that you should go and hang yourself to that tree. So, just because Vedas are OLD and Indian, that does not mean that that one has to hang by it. Vedas are invocation of God, not of the stock market.

Udara nimiththam, bahuroopi vesham!!(I hope you know the meaning of this!)

Dear Subhrata, I have not asked him to stop posting. Let him post. Everybody has freedom to express his view-- I have expressed mine. Let the readers decide whether these kinds of mystical analysis is agreeable or not.

Whether one is in the Grip of Chrtists or Fundamental analyst--- is acceptable. Both have some logical way of assessing the market and have decent track record. Then there are psuedo-scientist likeTarot readers, astrologers and Vedic analysts--- who give mystique and grandiose answers and explanations which have no logic.

There is a sanskit subhashita-- which says that just because Banyaan tree is planted by ur grand father, that does not mean that you should go and hang yourself to that tree. So, just because Vedas are OLD and Indian, that does not mean that that one has to hang by it. Vedas are invocation of God, not of the stock market.

Udara nimiththam, bahuroopi vesham!!(I hope you know the meaning of this!)
Sanskrit is a language and you can write any thing but it can not prove a point.And you should be
Udara nimiththam, swaroop vesham and then Satyameva Jayate.Even famous W D Gann followed Bible and studied pyramids.I think you dislike any thing which you own through ages and then you should be very materialistic.BTW the methodology followed by us is not pseudo science and it has 10 years of deep study and testing behind it.However,it is your choice to like or reject.Please accept my good wishes for your well being as you have the interest to interact with me on this but do not throw your opinons for others.

Do you know the logic behind affirmation.For you God is stock market and you have to know it. You are also advised to visit www.hinduism.co.za for knowing more on hindu philosophy.

Market Matrix: Management of capital inflow and national interest

Friends,

There appeared a report in Business Standard of 11 Apr 07 about an informal meeting the RBI governor had with the representatives of the money market and exchange dealers associations on Monday, the 9th March 07. The Governor said management of the capital may be tough job, he added "We are an emerging economy and its management is difficult. We are in an era faced with very confusing realities and central banking is under tremendous pressure. We are a growing economy and we have to see that inflation expectations are managed." He viewed that the aping other countries' central banks in managing inflation is not right, as local economy had its' own specifics.

The above view reflects the dilemma of RBI governor and what he spoke is very important. This is specific time in human history when wealth is being transferred to poor unlike when weak but rich were invaded and looted. The scheme would unfold in to a time when the money given to poor will be allowed to grow and then the fruits of labour will be forcibly shared by the mighty under frame of rules and policies. If this would fail, the strong-arm tactics would follow. India has to ensure that the monetary flows are absolutely on private basis without any governmental assurances of any kind and without government being party to any deal. Government’s function should limit to framing of the rules and policy. Any extraction of promise from govt. by the lenders should not be allowed. As promise at cross-purposes will tear apart the govt. itself with authority passing in to hands of strong amongst all lenders. India suffered at the hands of East India Company under similar if not exact conditions. Enron’s case is in point. The whole thing was a farce, the govt. inked wrong pacts/agreements, and in the end, it was Indian money that was lost and not the US money. The Indian banks and the institutions fell very short of seeing through the game and could not safe guard there own interest under the various agreements, as they had no knowledge of how to prepare a complex agreement, how to enforce it and how to make sense under complex laws that have no logical progression or correlation. The present condition of the whole gamut of laws and the legal framework is such that nothing can be easily concluded in case of a dispute leave apart when complexities of international laws and natural justice are thrown in. Then the question of enforcement arises with cross border ramifications. Under the circumstances is it not proper that rules be simple and the govt. keep out of the being the party to any agreement not spelling safe guard of the national interest in very simple and direct terms.

The time has come when we should go for full convertibility of rupee. We should reassess the govt.’s complicity in monetary deals and remove those parts, which oblige the govt. to do things in a certain manner. Let the whole process be left to parties concerned with a proper dispute settlement mechanism in place. We have still the bad taste in mouth about what the govt. did to rescue the banks from going bankrupt when it framed the Banking Securitisation Act, bypassing the legal process. If this can happen within the country due to the meaningless documentation that the banks so meticulously do, one may easily understand what may happen at the international level.

The govt.’s concerns for inflation control push to exports, choice of imports, benchmarking of interest rates, committing to pay after borrowing and lending to all and sundry locally, garnering dollars and investing abroad are the things that may create havoc for the govt. and the people of India. Can you imagine what may happen if the use of sovereign power enjoyed by the govt. is directed towards forcible extraction of taxes from the local populace to settle the demands of foreign interests.

Let the growth rate be slow, let the people have the luxurious living standard with some delay, let the people walk down or cycle down to work rather than sell the future and mortgage the power to tax. I am telling you in all seriousness the whole cycle has to be solidly understood by the guardians of the nation. I feel very bad when on looking around I find no worthy leader who can see through the game and who can take the public along to forestall the complex scheming by the groups not exactly interested in India’s larger interest.

'Laxmi' has been said to be 'Chanchala' by nature for the complication arising out of the requirement to store value (that we know as 'Laxmi'). The safe storage of value, for use when desired, can only be done in right sort of container which is leak proof, which is damage proof, which is pilferage proof and which is convenient to handle Such container has not yet been found. The dilemma stares in the eyes of the rich and wealthy all the time. To safe guard the container the wealthy has to be strong. To be strong the wealthy has to spend resources and keep matching it with the plunderers preparation. This depletes the value store itself, then the wealthy converts to plunderer and the cycle goes on endlessly.

I think I have spoken too much to fathom although much more remains to tell. Let it be postponed to some other point in time when a similar issue calls for attention.

Hari Om

Dear Subhrata, I have not asked him to stop posting. Let him post. Everybody has freedom to express his view-- I have expressed mine. Let the readers decide whether these kinds of mystical analysis is agreeable or not.
This time you are absolutely right my friend....Keep posting.

Happy trading...

Subrata Bera.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Equities 38
B General Chit Chat 32