Option Buy Recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Ghosh,

Thanks for such a great thread, great job! Just finished reading the whole thread (took 9-10 days) and now I would start paper transactions with your strategy.

I also wanted to do some back testing, however i am stuck with one issue - Even though intraday historic data for nifty spot is available, I cannot find intraday historic data for options, only OHLC is available on NSE site!

If someone can share how to get around this problem, it would be great!

Regards,
HK

ghosh_ak34

Dear Friends,

For Nifty Future traders who would like to trade as per trend check strategy posted in 1st post of the thread, Nifty levels for tomorrow are as under:

Resistance at 5530
Support at 5410

If you go short 1 lot then, buy 1 lot at money or near money call and if you go long 1 lot then, buy 1 lot at money or near money put to hedge. Reco. to trade as per trend check strategy posted in 1st post of this thread.

Regards

rrmhatre72

Dear Friends,

For Nifty Future traders who would like to trade as per trend check strategy posted in 1st post of the thread, Nifty levels for tomorrow are as under:

Resistance at 5530
Support at 5410

If you go short 1 lot then, buy 1 lot at money or near money call and if you go long 1 lot then, buy 1 lot at money or near money put to hedge. Reco. to trade as per trend check strategy posted in 1st post of this thread.

Regards
Hi Ghosh,

Any Typo error... Nifty is already at 5373....
You are indicating support as 5410..... Do you mean 5310?

ghosh_ak34

Dear Friends,

Resistance at 5435
Support at 5350

Regards

ghosh_ak34

Dear Friends,

Resistance at 5482
Support at 5400

Regards

Hi Ghosh,

I did paper transaction this week (21-25 March 11) on the basis of options strategy described on page 1. I have one question regarding breakout above R1:

Last week's S1/R1 were 5300/5500, on 23/03/2011 15:15 Nifty was at 5480.35. Since I was holding a long 5300 CE (Apr 28 series), I had to hedge it overnite with 5500 PE, so I bought a 5500 PE at 15:15.

Now the next day Nifty opened at 5518.25 (price at 09:20) already above R1, whole day we did not get a clear direction of + or - 20 points at various checkpoints, except that there was a gap up opening. So, for me it was a no trade day, I continued holding 5300 CE and 5500 PE as niether target nor SL were hit.

5500PE was exited on 25th opening when SL was hit.

Now my question is, should I have done something with 5500 PE when nifty spot already opened above 5500 and maintained itself there on 24th? Or was it ok to continue holding 5500 PE?

Regards,
HK

PS: the paper trade for last week ended with profit :)

This week support at 5540 unless this one is broken the trend is up but Nifty will face strong resistance at 5707 5733 5784 and finally 5805 the present uptrend may end at this level during mid Apl. 2011. This is just my thoughts not final conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.