Option Buy Recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanPickUp

hello friends,

I was wondering if my daily posting is of any help since I was hoping for some discussion on this thread.

Maybe once the owner of this thread returns there can be some discussion. I will continue to record my tests daily but post them as a weekly analysis instead.

Thanks,
TJ
Hi TJ

Just continue what you started. It is good work and if fellow members feel to say some thing, they surely will do so. As you test your system by your self, there is not much to say. We see, what you show us in your post and pictures and it seems that it works on paper.

No system is perfect and if it gives you some wrong signals or you made a wrong analysis, get out of this trade. Keep this rule in real trades at first, when ever you come in trouble. Fine tune your stop losses and if you have made up your mind about where to have it, keep it stupidly in your head and do not change it during a stress situation.

You then maybe will have many small losses. As long as they are smaller then the amount of money you make with your winning trades, you are on the right way.

By the way, there is no trader out there which not makes any losses and there is no trader out there which always gets in, when market is on the top low and gets out when markets are on top high. If told so, they are layers.

For entries, we can be near such levels. Even than, we have to test this levels ( because maybe a chart pattern occurred or lowest volatility occurred or the volume print showed some thing or bid ask spread has tightened to nothing and so on ) with real trades and this can bring some losses, which will be small if done the right way.

When we exit a trade, we need clear targets where to leave the market. If market runs further in the same direction and we are on the winning path, we place cash profit stops. In that way, you will keep your profit, when market turned on a swing high and falls back.

As long as you have a clear picture in your head, how to follow your rules on the chart, you will make money.

One thing you may should consider is that you not should buy options before long weekends. Depending on your ideas, the options are normally over priced on those Thursdays, as the market makers have already implemented the time decay.

Take care

DanPickUp

ghosh_ak34

Dear Friends,

I am back again. Good to see the start of some discussion in this thread. Will try to read them in the weekend.

For Nifty Future traders who would like to trade as per trend check strategy posted in 1st post of the thread, Nifty levels for tomorrow are as under:

Resistance at 6130
Support at 6020

If you go short 1 lot then, buy 1 lot at money or near money call and if you go long 1 lot then, buy 1 lot at money or near money put to hedge. Reco. to trade as per trend check strategy posted in 1st post of this thread.

Regards

@TraderJunkie: Good system you having :)
Are you a full time trader ?
I see you are using google finance for your chart analysis ? Dont you use any other software like amibroker etc ?
I'm not a full-time trader or a professional trader. Its a hobby I have and I use it as a means to fund my start-up company :)...I would have loved to be a full-time trader, but as much as I love it - its not my real real passion in life...

But its a very serious hobby :)

DanPickUp

Dear Friends,

I am back again. Good to see the start of some discussion in this thread. Will try to read them in the weekend.

For Nifty Future traders who would like to trade as per trend check strategy posted in 1st post of the thread, Nifty levels for tomorrow are as under:

Resistance at 6130
Support at 6020

If you go short 1 lot then, buy 1 lot at money or near money call and if you go long 1 lot then, buy 1 lot at money or near money put to hedge. Reco. to trade as per trend check strategy posted in 1st post of this thread.

Regards
Hi Ghoshy

Nice to see you back and all the best from my side. :) We kept your thread alive in a high level.

DanPickUp

Hi TJ

Just continue what you started. It is good work and if fellow members feel to say some thing, they surely will do so. As you test your system by your self, there is not much to say. We see, what you show us in your post and pictures and it seems that it works on paper.

No system is perfect and if it gives you some wrong signals or you made a wrong analysis, get out of this trade. Keep this rule in real trades at first, when ever you come in trouble. Fine tune your stop losses and if you have made up your mind about where to have it, keep it stupidly in your head and do not change it during a stress situation.

You then maybe will have many small losses. As long as they are smaller then the amount of money you make with your winning trades, you are on the right way.

By the way, there is no trader out there which not makes any losses and there is no trader out there which always gets in, when market is on the top low and gets out when markets are on top high. If told so, they are layers.

For entries, we can be near such levels. Even than, we have to test this levels ( because maybe a chart pattern occurred or lowest volatility occurred or the volume print showed some thing or bid ask spread has tightened to nothing and so on ) with real trades and this can bring some losses, which will be small if done the right way.

When we exit a trade, we need clear targets where to leave the market. If market runs further in the same direction and we are on the winning path, we place cash profit stops. In that way, you will keep your profit, when market turned on a swing high and falls back.

As long as you have a clear picture in your head, how to follow your rules on the chart, you will make money.

One thing you may should consider is that you not should buy options before long weekends. Depending on your ideas, the options are normally over priced on those Thursdays, as the market makers have already implemented the time decay.

Take care

DanPickUp
I think you make a lot of sense. Another psychological thing I've noticed is, even though one has a system there is an urge to not follow it or do something else. I did make this mistake today when my system was giving a sell signal, but I thought otherwise and decided to go long at around 6040 (JAN 2011 6100 CE @ 80 approx).

I think over time every system will have its own ways of giving signals and if the system is good enough, then I , the trader - should follow the system and not violate the rules.

Hi Junkie,

I guess I understand your dilemma for 6040.
However, when there is question of "choosing system" or "contradicting system", I'll choose to WAIT. :thumb:

Let system/anti-system trend confirm and then go about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.