NSEIndia Data Downloader

meghna,

You can also get the mscomct2.cab file from support.microsoft. Copy the file on your desktop and do the following.

1. Extract the 2 files mscomct2.ini and mscomct2.ocx into a new folder.

To do this double click the cab file, and you will see these 2 files. Right click on each file, select the extract option and specify the destination folder.

2. Open the destination folder and right click on mscomct2.ini and click install.

This will instal mscomct2.ocx on your system.

Hope you find this useful.

Good luck.

Since 1st November, I am unable to download Indices. Downloading works for Stock data. In the message window it says downloading S & P Nifty... etc. but Indice file doesn't contains any data.

murthymsr

Dear Preston,

It appears that your present assignments do not leave you with enough time to attend to this application developed by you and well received and appreciated by the investors of India. They will always be grateful to you.

If you have no commercial interests on this piece of excellent application, may I suggest that you unlock the password and make it an open source project so that other developers may make it work.

Looking forward to your response.

I have absolutely no personal interest in making this suggestion.

Thanks & Regards.
murthymsr

Respected Preston, Your utility is super. Please response to Mr murthymsr Sir or use your valuable time to upgrade Simple NSEData down loader. 1, index data not coming with bhavcopy after tick in option tab. 2, index data coming separately jn historical index folder but format starting from date[dd,month,yyyy] ,o,h,l,c,v, but we need start as ticker [index name],date[yyyymmdd] ,o,h,l,c,v, like same bhavcopy format . please make these changes. we all INDIAN small investor who are using your super utility really grateful to you Thanks very much. nifty46 [Dhiraj Sood]