Not a clue!need HELP!!!

jagankris

Thanks everyone for being responsive.

the daytime job that i put into my patients,i entirely devote that time to patients. trading is more like a part time hobby for me now,which may have good potential.i am interested in trading bcos i do feel need for a job from home comfort & good payout.it has nothing to do with neglecting my patients.

i work sincerely while i work,then if there's any residual energy left after long duty i try to learn trading.
I would second to take Test123's advice seriously. (just the first line).

If you are going to US you have to clear USMLE and our Indian MBBS is not recog there.I am sure you are aware of that.And clearing USMLE is not going to be easy and if you are in the beginning of the career then USMLE/doing PG - better focus on that.

And in US - Dr is a very serious profession unlike in India and also big money there.

And regarding Trading and especially forex - It is not going to be easy or trading is not a hobby or easy profession.It is one of the toughest.
And success rate is very less just 5% people after tremendous effort,patience and perseverance become successful.Rest all quit in the middle after loosing at various stages.

And "if there's any residual energy left after long duty i try to learn trading" - Trading could be highly stressful as well and will drain your energy till one become seasoned/experienced trader.
And trading cannot be learned in books.
And it will take years.

You can become a trader later also but you cannot do USMLE/PG at your choice I guess.And not sure doing USMLE/PG - could be expensive as well.

Even otherwise forex is not the best choice - very tough.
Stocks/US indices Dowjones/S&P are better.

Wish you good luck.

vijayanscbe

Dont teach me rules....btw emails are exchanged in this way in and out everyday in every thread without putting dots in between, so lets keep that go by the rules to yourself, as we all know how many people go by the rules ever made really by themselves.....:D

And marketing?? hun, i offered help btw, and its called networking. I'm trading happily and trading is my passion and I'm helping anyone who is interested in commodities or forex. And yes I talk straight what I do and will be doing rather than doing with pm's...lol, so buzz off.
I think ST already gave an answer.

Originally Posted by Smart_trade
Members are always warned repeatedly before a ban is imposed on them . But some members take pride in defying the rules and think that they are above rules.

I would second to take Test123's advice seriously. (just the first line).

If you are going to US you have to clear USMLE and our Indian MBBS is not recog there.I am sure you are aware of that.And clearing USMLE is not going to be easy and if you are in the beginning of the career then USMLE/doing PG - better focus on that.

And in US - Dr is a very serious profession unlike in India and also big money there.

And regarding Trading and especially forex - It is not going to be easy or trading is not a hobby or easy profession.It is one of the toughest.
And success rate is very less just 5% people after tremendous effort,patience and perseverance become successful.Rest all quit in the middle after loosing at various stages.

And "if there's any residual energy left after long duty i try to learn trading" - Trading could be highly stressful as well and will drain your energy till one become seasoned/experienced trader.
And trading cannot be learned in books.
And it will take years.

You can become a trader later also but you cannot do USMLE/PG at your choice I guess.And not sure doing USMLE/PG - could be expensive as well.

Even otherwise forex is not the best choice - very tough.
Stocks/US indices Dowjones/S&P are better.

Wish you good luck.
Thanks for the advice.

i'm used to top the exams throughout my life.i've confidence regarding USMLE,as it's not about securing a place-just passing.

i know trading is quite stressful.but once learned it provides high reward too.i'm proceeding in small chunks but regularly, hope it may come to me in following years.

i plan to devote fulltime in trading if i would be steadily successful in it.one can always use the comfort to work from home,anytime,anywhere.

also i don't want to give my entire life to my job,only to realise in later life that there could be more to life than all work.

i shall bear your advice with me.

mastermind007

Thanks for the advice.

i'm used to top the exams throughout my life.i've confidence regarding USMLE,as it's not about securing a place-just passing.

i know trading is quite stressful.but once learned it provides high reward too.i'm proceeding in small chunks but regularly, hope it may come to me in following years.

i plan to devote fulltime in trading if i would be steadily successful in it.one can always use the comfort to work from home,anytime,anywhere.

also i don't want to give my entire life to my job,only to realise in later life that there could be more to life than all work.

i shall bear your advice with me.

Priya

Are you going to US as student or as a newly-wed to some NRI or American?

You can approach the trading in three phases

PHASE ONE: Be an Investor, a Prudent one.

Start with regular and small EOD Investments in good stocks, bonds, ETFs etc .... Basically, any system based investment plan. Microsoft, Apple and few other evergreen companies are good.

I had traded in Microsoft when I was in USA and wish that I had never had to sell them off.

Notice that I did not mention Mutual Funds. If one wants to lose money in trading, he does not to take any extra help. :rofl:

This can be accomplished slowly and steadily and allow you to learn the
trading ropes while also having some (hopefully) positive income from investments.

You will typically need one to two hours a day of your time on regular basis during this phase.

PHASE TWO: Take a good course on trading.

PHASE THREE:
Dabble into Forex or Intraday from your own investment earnings in Phase one.

indianbank

Thanks for the advice.

i know trading is quite stressful.but once learned it provides high reward too.
Dr.Priya its nice to see you learning trading, Its great that your topper of your exams...
But i am sorry to say More educated is having less chance to win this game....
I would have encouraged you if your sslc failed....

Anyway i wish all the best for your trading career ...I wish you become topper of this career too...:thumb:

They say 100 sonar ki Eak Luhar ki :xD
what would happen if test123 starts to treat patience especially blondes lmao cann;t imagine

Same will happen if doctor starts trading. If i was u i would choose path of being investor Long term and not trade. Trading intraday is not for normal .
there only bald guy is in control . and he has billions of $$ :xD

i can understand u have urge to earn extra but trust me ... trading is like taking gold bar in lake where 20 footer crock lives.

I have suggestion u will love :-- Buy GOLD keep it for 5 yrs wear it for 5 yrs then sell with profit Happy ? lol
and it;s currently cheap :)

EveryMan is responsible for it;s own destiny

Bwt what kind of doc are u lol
ouch my back started paining and i have dental problem too and oh my brain nervrs are paining too taking daily hits like rocky from stock market lol
wait my full body is in pain so what book should i refer ? lol encyclopedia ^^

I will say it again NO book can teach u how to trade to win .It;s your looses that will teach u and u will become ultimate trader. NO one dies virgin in stock market bald guy does all :xD
Before u ask who is bald guy :-- Fund manager at Fii and Dii

Last edited:
Thanks,guys. :)

i'm engaged with one NRI.thinking about a career in Anesthesiology.

ok,i may try investing.a course in trading seems just right.

trading is like freedom from day-to-day life to me.so i'm not giving up my hope completely yet.

i believe as long as any human being is doing something now somewhere in this world,you can do it too.(in US,traders make more money than brain surgeons) :)

Last edited:

onlinegtrash

just make sure the NRI guy is also not into trading and not thinking like "man...life needs to have lot more than job and wish I had the comfort of working from my bed"... that's the first step in risk management and hedging!

You are going to be alright!

just make sure the NRI guy is also not into trading and not thinking like "man...life needs to have lot more than job and wish I had the comfort of working from my bed"... that's the first step in risk management and hedging!

You are going to be alright!
thank you.
i hope so...

Catch22

You are in the medical field , sitting for an exam ,with a good score [you are a bright student as you have mentioned ] may enter a programme.Hope continue to do your best.
USMLE has 3 steps No step stands alone in the assessment of readiness for medical licensure.Scores do matter ,to enter a residency attached to a known hospital..If the spouse too is taking the exam , one gets considered for matching programme.
Emphasizing on these aspects - ... .Besides ,after entering the programme , [depending on your scores] first eight years of residency is absolute hard work .One is required to be dedicated ,focused and passionate .

One may invest if at all .You will not have the time to follow up .For this you will need a relative or someone trustworthy .My 2c

Have made a few strong statements above - the reason , alongside ,you want to trade,in this initial phase ...Dr Priya .?
Regarding ,trading , you have been advised enough ,by the worthy ,seniors here .

As regards your statement -"(in US,traders make more money than brain surgeons) :)

If you meant , Neurosurgeons , They do earn well .On the contrary ,traders may lose heavy ..

If you wonder ,of my bias towards a profession ,I've grown up in this and ,yes , does dishearten to an extent , when taken lightly.And that is personal .Not meant as a reaction to how you perceive.
Take care

Last edited: