Nifty Pivot-based Mechanical Trading System coupled with 2 and 3 Day Swing Calls

Sunil

Nifty is close to complete a sort of an Inverted Head & Shoulders Pattern, the neckline of which stands at the multiple top region of 4650-4690.
Above this zone, it has to clear the 61.8% retracement zone of 4780-4800.

The earlier bearish H&S pattern on EOD charts was negated once it crossed the right shoulder's high of 4510 - the same should act as support for this week.
The last week appears as NR4 in the chart ie last week's range was the lowest amongst last 4 weeks.

2 Day swing, as of now, is up with reversal at 4475.

vicky_ag

Sunil Sir

I have been visual backtesting the system. I am getting too many whipsaws even after considering all the three paramters.

The best results seem to come after 10th of each month uptill near expiry date ie 20-25th.

Also, the values on the NF worksheet. Which month's data are you using? Is it the running month's NF or the next month 's? If current then when to change the values on the NF sheet to next month. A week before expiry or on expiry?

I am trying to get a system to either scalp 10 points(minus brokerage) on an intraday basis or a swing system with 100 - 150 points a trade with a max of 2 each month.

Scalping doesnt seem to be a good idea so, trying out a swing system. Like yours and AW10's NR7 :)

Sunil

Sunil Sir

I have been visual backtesting the system. I am getting too many whipsaws even after considering all the three paramters.

The best results seem to come after 10th of each month uptill near expiry date ie 20-25th.

Also, the values on the NF worksheet. Which month's data are you using? Is it the running month's NF or the next month 's? If current then when to change the values on the NF sheet to next month. A week before expiry or on expiry?

I am trying to get a system to either scalp 10 points(minus brokerage) on an intraday basis or a swing system with 100 - 150 points a trade with a max of 2 each month.

Scalping doesnt seem to be a good idea so, trying out a swing system. Like yours and AW10's NR7 :)
1. Thanks for providing your review - I'll also look into your observation about 10th to 25th.

2. The values in NF worksheet are always NF-1 (ie current month). On the expiry day, you may enter new series' values.

3. For scalping, you may try out the stochastics oscillator by buying when crossover is below 20 and then a pivot high breaks, and selling when crossover is above 80 and then a pivot low breaks.
The parameters for this stochastic oscillator is provided by .Pride. in his thread here. I use & observe the above settings in 5min chart for scalping.

4. I hope you have also gone through the 60min flow method. You can read more about this here

vicky_ag

1. Thanks for providing your review - I'll also look into your observation about 10th to 25th.

2. The values in NF worksheet are always NF-1 (ie current month). On the expiry day, you may enter new series' values.

3. For scalping, you may try out the stochastics oscillator by buying when crossover is below 20 and then a pivot high breaks, and selling when crossover is above 80 and then a pivot low breaks.
The parameters for this stochastic oscillator is provided by .Pride. in his thread here. I use & observe the above settings in 5min chart for scalping.

4. I hope you have also gone through the 60min flow method. You can read more about this here

Sunil Sir

1. Looking forward to your take on the 10-25th.

2. Saclping is not a option as I am not a full time trader. Need to focus on a more on a swing strategy to achieve my target of 200 -300 points a month.

3. I have gone through the 60 min flow by Saint Sir, but problem is I dont have access to charts at my work place. Every stock broking site is blocked. (By luck, this forum is not). And, I need to use the phone trading to trade.

Last edited:
Hi,

I started giving this method a shot by doing my first trade today. I just shorted one lot of Mini Nifty at 4670 as all 12 values were suggesting a short.

Cheers
A

lazytrader

You have to remember when using this method. The trade should be done near the end of trading. If you try to use this method in between you can get whipsawed. But also remember to keep a SL during the day e.g., tomorrow nifty breaks above 4700 and runs away then you will be under a big loss. So place a limit order tomorrow morning.

BTW what is your SL strategy?

Thanks for your concern. I did my trade at the end of the day and will definitely place some SL tomorrow morning.

I am in the process of finding a suitable SL for this trade.

Cheers
A