Need help to write afl for this

manojborle

Please help How should I avoid taking trade like this or How could I had made entry at the crossover, where it could have been profitable trade ?

I am using these conditions for entry

Once the crossover happens, I check ADX and if it is below 25, I wait till it comes to 25 and then I make entry.

In this case when ADX became 25 stock was already up.

manojborle

As can be seen from this chart a big down move came after I covered.

So I think exiting only based on ADX is not a good option.

Please suggest me good exit options so that one can stay in the trend for longer time

prabhsingh

Hi Manoj,

I would like to test this AFL on 15 min time period.Kindly can you share the complete AFL please.In the first page of this thread,it seems ADX AFL is missing.Hence please share the latest AFL.

manojborle

I was not able to write AFL so I asked for help.

I am posting charts here so that people here can understand what I want in the AFL and they can tell me where I am going wrong so that I can improve myself.

Mr Johnny has given the AFL but In that he did not include the ADX condition so can not use that AFL

My conditions are :

1. The AFL should explore the stocks where bullish/bearish crossover occurs.
( I am using 20 & 50 EMA's plotted on HIGH and LOW prices.
2. Once you find the stocks then you check for ADX(14).
3. If it is at 25 or above take respective position, otherwise wait till it becomes 25 and check when it becomes 25 that the reverse crossover has not taken taken place and then you can initiate entry.
4. As for now I am using exit on ADX only, when it comes below 40 from above exit the position.

5. I am just starting and dont have much capital to trade these signals, but what I have seen is there is at least 1 signal everyday on each stock of nifty

Will need peolpe here to build this system and after backtesting share their results here

Thanks and expecting some opinions