Need Help: Portfolio Advice

I have the following MF investment.

HDFC Top 200 (G) SIP - Rs 5000
Reliance Regular Savings (G) SIP - Rs 2000

HDFC Tax Saver (G) SIP - Rs 5000

I would like to add Rs 5000/- more via SIP to my portfolio.

I am confused whether i should consider one more Large Cap(G) OR Mid Cap (G) OR Debt Fund (Dividend) OR Debt Fund (G) :confused:. Experts please suggest.

Note: I am 28 years old, married, @ 10% Tax Bracket. My wife is also employed. I already have sufficient FD, PPF, Term Insurance and Emergency funds.

Which category does HDFC Tax Saver belongs, Large Cap OR Mid Cap OR Multi Cap..?

Last edited:

nikrod

I have the following MF investment.

HDFC Top 200 (G) SIP - Rs 5000
Reliance Regular Savings (G) SIP - Rs 2000

HDFC Tax Saver (G) SIP - Rs 5000

I would like to add Rs 5000/- more via SIP to my portfolio.

I am confused whether i should consider one more Large Cap(G) OR Mid Cap (G) OR Debt Fund (Dividend) OR Debt Fund (G) :confused:. Experts please suggest.

Note: I am 28 years old, married, @ 10% Tax Bracket. My wife is also employed. I already have sufficient FD, PPF, Term Insurance and Emergency funds.

Which category does HDFC Tax Saver belongs, Large Cap OR Mid Cap OR Multi Cap..?
HDFC Taxsaver can be classified as multicap or Large-Mid cap. It has a large cap bias with sufficient mid cap exposure.

Looking at your current portfolio, you can start SIP in a mid cap fund. Since you have enough exposure to debt do not go for debt fund.

HDFC Taxsaver can be classified as multicap or Large-Mid cap. It has a large cap bias with sufficient mid cap exposure.

Looking at your current portfolio, you can start SIP in a mid cap fund. Since you have enough exposure to debt do not go for debt fund.
Okay, Thanks a Lot.

BTW, can you please explain how we can decide whether HDFC Tax Saver a Large Cap Fund OR Mid Cap Fund ? Is that info available in any website ?

So to balance my portfolio i would like to add IDFC_Premier_Equity_Fund-A (G). Whats your view about this selection ?

nikrod

Okay, Thanks a Lot.

BTW, can you please explain how we can decide whether HDFC Tax Saver a Large Cap Fund OR Mid Cap Fund ? Is that info available in any website ?

So to balance my portfolio i would like to add IDFC_Premier_Equity_Fund-A (G). Whats your view about this selection ?
You can refer to Value Research Online

http://new.valueresearchonline.com/

They have details of all the MF's. You will get large cap / mid cap allocation in Portfolio section of fund details.

IDFC Premier Equity is an excellent Mid Cap fund with a very good Fund Manager (Kenneth Andrade). I would certainly give you go ahead for it.

I too wanted to invest in "IDFC Premier Equity " but this fund is not open for current investment. I did enquire with IDFC support and below is what they had to say. I am not sure how to track when the fund will be open, as you can skip Advertisements in papers sometimes.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Warm Greetings from IDFC Mutual Fund.

With reference to your mail, we wish to inform you that in IDFC Premier Equity Fund lumpsum subscription is not possible with effect from 26th Feb2010 other than SIP/s and STP/s.

Please find attached addendum for your reference.

With regard to your query, we wish to inform you that we shall keep the investors informed by publishing notice in the newspapers regarding the reopen of subscription in IDFC Premier Equity Fund.

Incase you need any further clarifications, please feel free to write to us at [email protected] or contact on our call free no. 1800 22 66 22.

Assuring you of our best services & attention at all times

nikrod

I too wanted to invest in "IDFC Premier Equity " but this fund is not open for current investment. I did enquire with IDFC support and below is what they had to say. I am not sure how to track when the fund will be open, as you can skip Advertisements in papers sometimes.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Warm Greetings from IDFC Mutual Fund.

With reference to your mail, we wish to inform you that in IDFC Premier Equity Fund lumpsum subscription is not possible with effect from 26th Feb2010 other than SIP/s and STP/s.

Please find attached addendum for your reference.

With regard to your query, we wish to inform you that we shall keep the investors informed by publishing notice in the newspapers regarding the reopen of subscription in IDFC Premier Equity Fund.

Incase you need any further clarifications, please feel free to write to us at [email protected] or contact on our call free no. 1800 22 66 22.

Assuring you of our best services & attention at all times
Yes Thats right. It's still open for SIP / STP.