Need Help for MCX price

Hi,

I have a query for MCX.
Suppose I bought 1 lot of crude around 3000 and put a trigger of selling 2990 in GTC. Suppose next day crude opens at 2950 down gap then my order of selling at 2990 will be executed or not ?:confused:

Please help me, thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have a query for MCX.
Suppose I bought 1 lot of crude around 3000 and put a trigger of selling 2990 in GTC. Suppose next day crude opens at 2950 down gap then my order of selling at 2990 will be executed or not ?:confused:

No, it will be sold at current price.

Trades can happen only when the market is open.

Forget next day gap, even in live market there is no guarantee that the order will execute at the price you have put the SL,
can happen at much lower price if there is quick spike etc.

BTW are you sure you can use GTC orders ???

Thanks

No, it will be sold at current price.

Trades can happen only when the market is open.

Forget next day gap, even in live market there is no guarantee that the order will execute at the price you have put the SL,
can happen at much lower price if there is quick spike etc.

BTW are you sure you can use GTC orders ???

Thanks
I dont think we have GTC for MCX. I will be surprised if we have it since it is not there for other mainstream indian markets

mastermind007

Hi,

I have a query for MCX.

Answer to this depends on how you had put a trigger order and order type selected (if shown).

There are two price components Limit price and Trigger Price so there are four combinations in all.

Code:
	Limit		Trigger
	0		0
Order will be executed and filled at topmost bid/lowest ask price
	ABC		0
Order will be executed and filled only at ABC (or better) price. Under no circumstances, price will be anything that will cost you more than ABC.
	0		XYZ
Order will be executed and filled at any price but only the CMP has breached XYZ at least once. Your execution price may or may not be XYZ and can be majorly dverse to you 
	ABC		XYZ
Order will be executed and filled only at ABC (or better) price but only the CMP has breached XYZ at least once. Your execution price may or may not be XYZ and can be only adverse to you but not more adverse than ABC

mastermind007

Hi,

I have a query for MCX.

Answer to this depends on how you had put a trigger order and order type selected (if shown).

There are two price components Limit price and Trigger Price so there are four permutations possible...

Code:
	Limit		Trigger
	0		0
Order will be executed and filled at topmost bid/lowest ask price
	ABC		0
Order will be executed and filled only at ABC (or better) price. Under no circumstances, price will be anything that will cost you more than ABC.
	0		XYZ
Order will be executed and filled at any price but only the CMP has breached XYZ at least once. Your execution price may or may not be XYZ and can be majorly dverse to you 
	ABC		XYZ
Order will be executed and filled only at ABC (or better) price but only the CMP has breached XYZ at least once. So, Order may be triggered but not executed at all. Your execution price may or may not be XYZ and can be only adverse to you but not more adverse than ABC

ashu1234

Hi,

I have a query for MCX.

And btw GTC order will be there in the system as Limit order, so unless or untill any matching price touches it, it will remain there. Mostly in gap down, your order stays at the same price as pending till price bounces back and takes your bid.