NCFM Exam!

Sir, Am 4o. with CA inter. Wish to go for Finance career,( being bored with co-op bank job). Willing to take NCFM exam. Which modules would be suitable for me. good hearts Please direct. Where can i get mock test papers sir
It would depend on the vertical you want to get into. You can take the basic capital market modules followed by the Equity markets modules and then derivatives modules..

I would also suggest that you should consider taking the treasury and capital markets by Finitiatives (http://www.learnwithflip.com), as I think that this certification is equivalent to 4-5 NCFM courses.

Sir, Am 4o. with CA inter. Wish to go for Finance career,( being bored with co-op bank job). Willing to take NCFM exam. Which modules would be suitable for me. good hearts Please direct. Where can i get mock test papers sir
If you post clearly about the area you want to get into, I would be able to help you better. Generally, people go for the capital markets module and then follow with the securities market and then the different derivatives modules.

There is also the Treasury and Capital Markets course by Finitiatives which covers the entire areas mentioned above, is more cost effective than the NCFM courses. Also, as mentioned on their website, the certification holders are preferred by different FIs.
Hope this helps :)

In the Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management module of NCFM, the Black Scholes formula includes the expression N(d1) and N(d2) where N() is defined as the cumulative distribution function (cdf) of the standard normal distribution.

Further in the solved example, the following values are derived for N():
N(-0.0836)=0.4667
N(-0.0236)=0.4076
N(0.0836)=0.5333
N(0.0236)=0.5924

I am puzzled how this calculation is done and would appreciate anyone showing how.

Btw, is there a chance this will appear in the exam?

Dear Friends,

I was working with Angel broking ltd. till last month & am currently looking for a job as a Manager - Service Quality/Quality Assurance in Broking Industry & the details of my current role is as given below, FYR.

 Resolving customer queries, complaints & grievances South Region
 Define & review quality levels at customer touch points across all clients
 Continuously initiate & implement improvements projects, which translate into excellent service
 Ensure quality standards are met and conduct periodic audits to check strict adherence to quality norms
 Competition Tracking Quarterly SWOT analysis on competition products & services Live accounts with broking houses
 Trainer Equity/Futures & Options/Commodity/Currency Derivatives etc.
 NCFM/BCFM & BCCD/CDSL certification compliance Educate & encourage regions & branches for 100% certifications
 ORM Manages Online queries & complaints at various blogs & forums
 Working knowledge of clearing and settlement, regulatory compliances by the trading members and companies.
 Projects Initiated & Closed
1) Pan India Sub-Broker telephonic compliance survey Check display of compliance notice boards at their offices as mandated by regulator/exchanges
2) Running Account Authorization
3) Forgot Password Mechanism
4) Application Tracker Angel Website
5) SMS Service Queries/Complaints
6) Corporate Action/Announcements Angel Website
7) Evaluated Angel account opening process & reported to management
8) QA representation to Rothschild for PE Investments
9) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Quality Assurance/IT Infrastructure/IT Applications
 Current Projects W.I.P.
1) Service Quality complaints, investigations, follow-up & RCA South Zone
2) Branch Quality Ratings & Business Process Standardization.
3) Investor Education Program (Knowledge Centre) Website
4) Sector Updates Website
5) Streamlining Welcome Kit dispatch process & CRMS South Zone
6) Customer Service Feedback mechanism BO
7) Voice of Customers Account Closures South Zone
8) Increase trading volumes and profitability on different products

In case of any relevant vacancy, please speak to me on my Mobile no. +919619517190. thanks in Anticipation! Please revert in case of any query or for more information.

regards,

Radheyshyam

NCFM Modules

Financial Markets: A Beginner's Module
Securities Market (Basic) Module
Currency Derivatives: A Beginner’s Module
Mutual Funds: A Beginner's Module
Equity Derivatives: A Beginner's Module
Interest Rate Derivatives: A Beginner's Module
Commercial Banking in India : A Beginner's Module
Capital Market (Dealers) Module
Derivatives Market (Dealers) Module
FIMMDA-NSE Debt Market (Basic) Module
Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management
Commodities Market Module
Options Trading Strategies Module
Surveillance in Stock Exchanges Module
NSDL-Depository Operations Module
AMFI-Mutual Fund (Basic) Module
AMFI-Mutual Fund (Advisors) Module
Corporate Governance Module
Compliance Officers (Brokers) Module
Compliance Officers (Corporates) Module
Modules of Financial Planning Standards Board India (Certified Financial Planner Certification)
Information Security Auditors Module (Part-1) & Information Security Auditors Module (Part-2)
NISM-Series-I: Currency Derivatives Certification Examination (NISM-Series-I: CD Examination)
NISM-Series-II-A: Registrars to an Issue and Share Transfer Agents - Corporate Certification Examination
NISM-Series-II-B: Registrars to an Issue and Share Transfer Agents – Mutual Fund Certification Examination
NISM-Series-IV: Interest Rate Derivatives Certification
NISM-Series-V-A: Mutual Fund Distributors Certification Examination
NISM-Series-VII:Securities Operations and Risk Management Certification Examination
Certified Personal Financial Advisor (CPFA) Examination
Financial Modeling Module
Financial Services Marketing Module
Issue Management Module
Equity Research Module
Market Risk Module

--

( As given in NSE WEBSITE) - I would like to know something .. What are all these modules for? Does the NCFM test us in ALL THESE TOPICS?

VJAY

what's the relevance of this exam??? what happens after clearing it???
regards,
Nitin.
Nothing relevance in it :)..if you pass this exam then you can find job in any brokerage firms as Dealer.....