My trading software gets disconnected frequently

kaly422000

Dear friends
I am using the equity and commodities software (New Pointer and Commodities Pointer) of Ventura Securities and Ventura Commodities respectively.
I have frequent disconnection of the software from the internet and connecting back to the internet is sometimes a real problem.
I use the Nest and the Odin Software also and they too get disconnected similarly.
This has actually led to loss of money quite a few times, especially when there is heavy movement on the net.
All the lights on the router are on but still the software disconnects. What does this mean? Where is the problem? What is causing the disconnection? What should be done to have a continuous and uninterrupted internet connection without any disconnections.
I am using a 2MBPS (net speed is generally between 1.1 to 1.6 MBPS) broadband internet connection from MTNL.
I am using a Windows 10 PC with Core2Duo processor, and 4GB ram.
I am a day-trader.
Could anyone of you tell me what is the solution to this problem.
Thanking you all in advance.
also better to have check ur isp . i think u sud shift to cable broadband like siti or alliance if they are available or better isp who gave ethernet conection as u have disconection problem with every platform, have to spend little bit more for ur isp. though most isp upgraded their bandwidth with the same price

kaly422000

any one has any idea about diet odin. i opened an accoun t with alankit assingment limited. problem is that only symbol coloum is blinking for price change but other best buy ,best sell and ltp column etc not blinking when price upadating. their IT team tried by making some change in registry but on relogging the problem remains but web version net.netlite is have no problem

Raju

For internet disconnection , we need to have 2 data connection ...
e.g.....
One wired broadband from one ISP ...like Tata..
Second wireless connection from another ISP ....

For antivirus download Microsoft Security Essentials...it is free

For internet disconnection , we need to have 2 data connection ...
e.g.....
One wired broadband from one ISP ...like Tata..
Second wireless connection from another ISP ....

For antivirus download Microsoft Security Essentials...it is free
Free Version of Avast is also Good ....

wisp

mine too gets disconnected every minute or every few minutes
using zerodha kite
but problem is jhand bsnl I think
vodafone 3G still frequent disconnections
not sure if zerodha servers are to be blamed
but no use daytrading with such frequent disconnections every few minutes
Ravi Bhai,

It could also happen if your modem is old. Please watch the lights and see what exactly is happening. Sometimes as the modems get old, the power keeps getting disrupted, sometimes the line. If there's no disruption in your tel line, most likely you will need a new modem.

TradeOptions

I don't know why people doubt nest trader. It is one of the most stable platform and doesn disconnect at all unless there is internet issue.
Server problem from brokerages is also rare.

Zerodha has its own servers for kite, so it gives lot of problems.
@vijkris brother, I am not being able to send any PM to you, that's why posting this message here.
I think you had written somewhere about your experience of using Windows 10, but I am not being able to locate those posts. Could you please PM me

Thank you so much. Best Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Ravi Bhai,

It could also happen if your modem is old. Please watch the lights and see what exactly is happening. Sometimes as the modems get old, the power keeps getting disrupted, sometimes the line. If there's no disruption in your tel line, most likely you will need a new modem.
bought a new router TPlink but still bsnl bb giving problems. I asked bsnl employees to check wiring in my place but they are not listening , sarkari babus.

TradeOptions

bought a new router TPlink but still bsnl bb giving problems. I asked bsnl employees to check wiring in my place but they are not listening , sarkari babus.
ravi bhai, nothing could be done about BSNL sarkari babus. I have had most horrible experience with them, but since I did not have any alternative options at that time, therefor I had to suppress all the anger and keep on smiling at those idiots. They will do their work according to their own wish and if you argue or fight with them, they will spoil the telephone line in such a manner, that there will be no internet for many weeks.

Moreover you are living in hilly place, so you would not be having any alternative private broadband providers there, therefor no point in fighting with these sarkari thugs, instead be polite with them and give some chai, samosa etc. so that they visit quickly in case of problems. I hope we start to get some good internet options in the hilly regions as well, in the near future.

Btw, which particular Router did you buy, can you please share the link.

Thanks and regards

TraderRavi

low risk profile
ravi bhai, nothing could be done about BSNL sarkari babus. I have had most horrible experience with them, but since I did not have any alternative options at that time, therefor I had to suppress all the anger and keep on smiling at those idiots. They will do their work according to their own wish and if you argue or fight with them, they will spoil the telephone line in such a manner, that there will be no internet for many weeks.

Moreover you are living in hilly place, so you would not be having any alternative private broadband providers there, therefor no point in fighting with these sarkari thugs, instead be polite with them and give some chai, samosa etc. so that they visit quickly in case of problems. I hope we start to get some good internet options in the hilly regions as well, in the near future.

Btw, which particular Router did you buy, can you please share the link.

Thanks and regards
actually bought two , one for PC ethernet and one for 4G sim.

http://www.traderji.com/community/threads/day-traders-lounge.98792/page-491#post-1294082