My Story.

soft_trader

Hello TJ friends,

I am a complete newbie in this field. To start with, I am a college student. I want to day trade. So last week I have opened a new trading+demat account with IIFL. As I am a newbie, I had started with a low capital of 5K. I think it is enough for a student and newbie like me to test my performance in this wild market.

As I don't know any technical analysis, I was trading last few days just by following the "Super 6" tips given by CNBC TV18. But in last days I have overall lost my capital and now I have only 4K left with me.

One lesson I have learnt that over-trading is dangerous. So I will keep this in mind from next time. I will be glad if senior trader help me out, in case I made any mistake.

Thank you all, once again.

intellibitz

The only way to learn something is by making mistakes. But make sure you are making a lot of little mistakes while learning and still be in the game, and not do that one big grave mistake which will wipe you out of the game.

Good Luck.

soft_trader

The only way to learn something is by making mistakes. But make sure you are making a lot of little mistakes while learning and still be in the game, and not do that one big grave mistake which will wipe you out of the game.

Good Luck.
Thanks! for replying. I am currently trading in equities (Cash) segment. I am trying to learn the technical ways of trading. There are so much resources, and good articles available here in TJ, and I am trying to understand those in every possible way. But to be honest all the things are just going above my head, I can't understand anything.

Hope one day I'll be able to learn those one day.

Hello TJ friends,

I am a complete newbie in this field. To start with, I am a college student. I want to day trade. So last week I have opened a new trading+demat account with IIFL. As I am a newbie, I had started with a low capital of 5K. I think it is enough for a student and newbie like me to test my performance in this wild market.

As I don't know any technical analysis, I was trading last few days just by following the "Super 6" tips given by CNBC TV18. But in last days I have overall lost my capital and now I have only 4K left with me.

One lesson I have learnt that over-trading is dangerous. So I will keep this in mind from next time. I will be glad if senior trader help me out, in case I made any mistake.

Thank you all, once again.

First of all welcome to the world of day-trading or intraday. Daytrading is dangerous only when you do not know when to buy and when to sell. If everybody got their timing right then there would be no trade. One trader's gain is another trader's loss.

Technical analysis somewhat but not entirely eases the problem of getting the time right. But for that you have to be in front of the charting screen for the whole time. Again when applying technical analysis, each trader has his or her own parameters. It differs from one person to another.

I would say that you are in an advantageous position, where all jargons of technical analysis is going over your head. I say this because you are beginning with a clean slate. Just remember that price at which a scrip is trading is the only reality. I refer to it as a force which is in movement and just like all forces it always tries to attain an equilibrium position.

Best of luck in future trading. :thumb:

soft_trader

First of all welcome to the world of day-trading or intraday. Daytrading is dangerous only when you do not know when to buy and when to sell. If everybody got their timing right then there would be no trade. One trader's gain is another trader's loss.

Technical analysis somewhat but not entirely eases the problem of getting the time right. But for that you have to be in front of the charting screen for the whole time. Again when applying technical analysis, each trader has his or her own parameters. It differs from one person to another.

I would say that you are in an advantageous position, where all jargons of technical analysis is going over your head. I say this because you are beginning with a clean slate. Just remember that price at which a scrip is trading is the only reality. I refer to it as a force which is in movement and just like all forces it always tries to attain an equilibrium position.

Best of luck in future trading. :thumb:
Thank you!

soft_trader

Monday 26/09/20011

Shorted on STERLITE & Long on ICICI Bank.

Profit at EOD = Rs 5.

Let's see what happens today............

soft_trader

Hello friends,

After a long time I am again writing this diary. In the last two months I have learnt this market a bit, refreshed my strategies many times, and today is one of my best day so far:clap:

I am a complete newbie and are still learning this market by heart, and I love this very subject. :) I have a small trading capital of 30K only, and that too divided into two parts, i.e. 5K for Options with Zerodha & remaining 25K for Commodities with Sharekhan. I am waiting for Zerodha to open it's commodity trading, so that I can switch from SK to Zerodha for commodity.

I will try to put my daily trading yields regularly in this thread from now on....:cool:

soft_trader

Today's Trades

Bought NIFTY 5300CE 2lots @ 34.90 --- Sold NIFTY 5300CE 2lots @ 45.10 = Rs.1020 Profit :clap:

Bought NICKEL Dec 1 lot @ 950 --- Sold NICKEL Dec 1 lot @ 948.5 = Rs.375 Loss:eek:
Bought GoldM 2lots @ 28925 --- Sold GoldM 2lots @ 29090 = Rs.3300 Profit:clap: